+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Face (Oxygen)

Re: The Face (Oxygen)

I do not think Sandra disliked the other girls. I think she needed a high amount of interaction (strokes). And since she was not getting it, she was fighting. If I was her mom, I would tell her people avoid drama. By starting fights, she is getting exactly what she does not want.

I am not crazy about judges picking off girls in other teams for the purpose of bettering their own team. If I was team mom, I guess that is what I would do. I would want to protect my girls....They need to do it some other way.
    You can do it!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post

I am not crazy about judges picking off girls in other teams for the purpose of bettering their own team. If I was team mom, I guess that is what I would do. I would want to protect my girls....They need to do it some other way.
    i agree. It's to the mentor's advantage to eliminate the stronger girl. I have to give props to Karolina, though, for eliminating the girls she thought were weaker.

I'm not super-attached to any of the girls. I sort of like Margo, and she is beautiful, but if you went by the interview part of the challenge, she sucked compared to Stephanie. I don't think that elimination was particularly fair for that reason. And I don't see either of Karolina's girls as "the Face".... oh, and the two left on Naomi's team annoy me. I would have liked for it to come down to Stephanie or Margo I guess, among those left. But it's not going to.

I have so far found this show to be a little disappointing.

But hey, at least Naomi's flaming nutcase went home finally!

I don't think there's any way Margaux is going to win. She just doesn't have the presence.

I think Devyn is the one with the best chance to win of the remaining girls.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree. Margaux is really beautiful though...but she has no substance, unfortunately.

Devyn has always been my "horse" in this race, so I guess we'll see.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree, Critical.

Devyn DOES strike me as being the one who can take it all the way.

I played catch-up with this a couple of days ago, and never in my LIFE was I so happy to have a door slam on anybody as I was on Sandra.

Ironically, to me, Sandra was/is the flip side of Naomi. Or, the Evil Twin in Training to Naomi's Evil Twin. It tickled the fool out of me when Naomi cracked up after Sandra'd given the male model that ridiculous kiss on the neck during the commercial shoot, Sandra got pissed and snapped at Naomi, and Naomi let her have it with BOTH BARRELS!

LOVED it!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

It is Devyn or Margo. Is Devyn that cute? Or is she cute just when she is talking? I think Margo has a high end look like Coco. Margo might have a lot of facial looks.

Those interview questions were nonsense. She is going to get mad if they do not tell her when she had sex or if they are a virgin. Seems like questions for interviewers who do not do their homework. There are better generic questions out there.
    You can do it!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"Cute" is not a word I would use in describing Devyn. "Striking" or "stunning" seem more applicable, IMO. They even described her as "androgynous" at the beginning of the show. The gene pool was definitely working in her favor the day she was conceived....lucky girl!

While I do think Margaux is quite beautiful, I think if she had a lot of facial looks that we would have seen a hint of that by now. She's been working in the industry for years and has not advanced for a reason. If the person doing the hiring was just looking for facial beauty and that's all they needed, she might be just the candidate. I think Devyn might even have her beat, even with that criteria; I think Devyn has a more universal look/appeal.

Personality: Devyn.

Looks: Devyn AND Margaux.

Wendy Williams' questions were designed to put the contestants on the spot and see how they handled being in the hot seat, unexpectedly. How do you think on your feet?! How do you perform when you are uncomfortable? I thought they were good questions for testing purposes. Ebony and the tall Asian model with the language barrier were the stars of that portion. Ebony was
    s-m-o-o-t-h! I actually think Ebony should rank ahead of Margaux.

The next show is the last, right? I'd be shocked if it weren't Devyn.
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

REALLY liked your post, shay!

Off the top of my head, IDR just WHO it is that keeps bringing up that Margot(aux?) has been working eight years, and if she was THAT spectacular, she would've made it by now. Might've been Naomi. Anywhoo . . . I DO see and agree with that.

Devyn . . . Absolutely striking, I believe, and she CAN rock a variety of looks, whereas Margot(aux?) would kind of be more locked IN to a look, or certain looks, to me.

Wendy? I didn't turn a hair when she popped up. First of all, if you've ever seen her or heard anything about her at all, then you KNOW she pretty much takes no prisoners, anyway, and she doesn't have to be on her show to roll like that. Also, ITA that the questions she was throwing out WERE designed to rattle the girls, throw them curves, see how well or badly they handled themselves on their feet. The whole "red carpet" premise was a set-up, anyway, so I kind of EXPECTED that WW might be even a little more direct, in-your-face and outrageous than she usually is.

Matter of fact, whichever one of these girls wins, she MIGHT consider herself lucky to have only been tested by Wendy after she's run a REAL red carpet gauntlet!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Kao

I'm happy with the top 4. Rooting for Zi Lin to win, but I'll be happy with any of them taking home the prize.

+ Reply to Thread