+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Face (Oxygen)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: The Face (Oxygen)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think Coco and Karolina would be able to be impartial, but Naomi is going to vote out of revenge. I know she's a modeling icon, but I think she's a nasty piece of business and an ugly person. She's sweet and nice when it suits her, but if things don't go her way, she's a beast.

I felt like Karolina made the right decision in sending Aleksandra home. She didn't take direction AT ALL at the photo shoot and she didn't seem all that enthused about being there. That was Stephanie's first photo shoot. She's got tons of potential and she REALLY wants it. I think she's going to improve.
    I agree. Naomi's going for blood now.

I had seen the "prequel" and just watched the first episode. I agree that Aleksandra should have been sent home. Both girls' photos were not good. Alexsandra was not taking direction well from either Naomi or the photographer - with her experience, she should have known better. What sealed it was when Coco was interviewing them - Stephanie realized and admitted her faults; Aleksandra denied hers.

It seems like a dumb idea for one of the coaches to judge the individual competition at the beginning. It's human nature to favor your own team even when you're trying to be impartial. I think the 3 coaches should judge together or, better yet, Nigel should be the judge. I'd really like to see Nigel have a larger role than scripted announcer.

finally saw second episode all the way thru. that sandra or whatever is batsh$t crazy and needs to be eliminated pronto. which means she will probably stay to bring the drama. it's a damn shame naomi is so mean....she really is gorgeous. is that her real hair? its absolutely beautiful.

There is a place for stories. They provide inspiration and strength to those who need it. That being said, everybody has a story. Those with the freshest pain are quickest to share. An older person, they will share with you after some talking. Reality Tv seems to reward drama pressuring people to spill up front. In reality, I would tell my daughter (my fictional one..) or my sister to get to know a person first without listening to a story. I have been swayed by stories told on a first meeting by people who proved to not be very nice.

Storywise, I feel most for Stephanie not having her mom.

I think the right girl went home. That was a wedding dress. And the facial expressions were not like a wedding. Maybe that is what Coco meant when she said she is not pretty. Because she was pretty...just off.

Naomi might have to break out her cell phone for Sandra.

Naomi still has it btw. GIRLY Girl

My guess for the face...Coco's look a like.
    Last edited by Lizard; 02-27-2013 at 02:22 AM.
    You can do it!

I was not surprised 'Team Naomi' won. They were the last girls to walk, therefore the freshest in the minds of the audience when voting. I really think they needed to mix up the order so that an entire team wasn't at the end. Stephanie surprised me and I think if she had been closer to the end she could have gotten some more votes. That being said I wish we knew where the votes fell, i.e. how many votes each girl received.

So far I'm enjoying this show for the most part. I can do with out the Sandra/Jocelyn drama each week, but overall it's MUCH better than ANTM.
    Lizard likes this.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. - Aristotle

The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I really wanted Devyn to win the fquick-change competition. Oh well......she got out-performed.

It was shocking that the girl that wore the black wedding dress was simply "not remembered"! I knew she was in big trouble then. Hated that dress and one of the last ones with the HUGE ruffles/tiers! Most of the gowns were gorgeous. The right model won that competition!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I think the right girl went home. That was a wedding dress. And the facial expressions were not like a wedding. Maybe that is what Coco meant when she said she is not pretty. Because she was pretty...just off.
    Her facial expressions were like a threat! Plus, that hunched over "high fashion" pose wasn't right for a bridal gowl either.

I agree - the right girl went home. The coaches were all on the fence about her (to put it mildly) in the auditions and it was only her personal story that got Coco to change her mind. I thought that was a mistake at the time.

I was happy for Stephanie that she finally did well in the challenge. I think walking is her strong suit. She still doesn't seem to know how to work her angles in front of the camera. She hasn't really taken a good picture yet - her face always looks kind of dead. I think she's got the potential and the drive, but Coco isn't really giving her the kind of help with posing that she should. If Coco is supposed to be the posing queen, you'd think she would spend some time with Stephanie to help her with that.
    Shoepie and Lizard like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm disliking this show and finding it a bit hard to watch or believe. Seems Team Naomi won their third in a row for reasons I can't determine. But what does seem clear, although strange, is that every girl eliminated so far has been pretty much the same physical type. They must have been looking for a specific type, or...?something? I don't know. But you would think Naomi would have thrown Sharon out by now, just for her nastiness. Since she appears to be the pot stirrer between herself and the other girl, I'd think Naomi would have found that out.
    Duckyface likes this.

That Marshall's lady sitting next to Nigel. Awful woman

Naomi's strategy might backfire. I to not think she has the face. The face is either one of Kurkova's or the Coco look alike
    Kip likes this.
    You can do it!

Kao

Sandra is a mess and judging by next week's previews might finally be gone. Too much drama, even for reality t.v.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I thought both Naomi's team and Karolina's team did well - was sorry that Naomi's won again though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    That Marshall's lady sitting next to Nigel. Awful woman

Naomi's strategy might backfire. I to not think she has the face. The face is either one of Kurkova's or the Coco look alike

I think Naomi's strategy might backfire because Coco and Karolina are likely to pick off Naomi's girls should they win.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Sandra is a mess and judging by next week's previews might finally be gone. Too much drama, even for reality t.v.
    Oh, I do hope so.

+ Reply to Thread