+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: The Face (Oxygen)

Re: The Face (Oxygen)

I think Coco and Karolina would be able to be impartial, but Naomi is going to vote out of revenge. I know she's a modeling icon, but I think she's a nasty piece of business and an ugly person. She's sweet and nice when it suits her, but if things don't go her way, she's a beast.

I felt like Karolina made the right decision in sending Aleksandra home. She didn't take direction AT ALL at the photo shoot and she didn't seem all that enthused about being there. That was Stephanie's first photo shoot. She's got tons of potential and she REALLY wants it. I think she's going to improve.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is this from the second episode or the first? I don't get to see the second episode until next week. As usual, I don't know the names of these women just yet, so I am clueless. I guess I could watch one of the next 20 reruns of episode 1 that will happen before episode 2 is shown next week.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

You know... I'm not all that sure I'm enjoying this show and I can't put my finger on exactly why I feel this way. I want to like it but it's just....meh, for me. This makes me sad because I really do like Nigel but he's the only reason I'd watch another episode, to be honest.

It was funny that drama girl Naomi got all the drama. But she might be better equipped to deal with it. She gave the one girl good advice. I think fighting is heavily engrained in that one. She is her worst enemy. Shame because she is a beautiful girl. And of course anyone hiring someone would choose a dramaless selection. Naomi always looked a little otherworldly. And she had a great joy as well as the bee stung lips. These fighters do not have that.

Agree with the final selection.

Korkova was doing a Victoria secret knock off without their production team to polish it.
    I was not happy with Naomi last week. But she stepped it up. Almost perfect judge combination/ coaches there.
    You can do it!

Missed the casting special/show, but have seen both the first two eps now.

First off, let me say that I --- like a lot of you --- tuned in for Nigel, and wanted to get a read on Karolina and Coco.

Still love Nigel, and like the hell outta KK and Coco.

Naomi?

Not so much.

Frankly, Naomi DOES strike me as being a beautiful hood rat. So it doesn't at all surprise me that she wound up with a beautiful hood rat (Sandra) on her team. I think it's absolutely true that "It TAKES one to KNOW one!"

It cracked me the hell up when Naomi'd heard about the blow-up between Sandra and Jocelyn, came in and, basically, tore Sandra a new one about her behavior. EVERY word she was saying to this child was the stone cold truth, and TOTALLY correct. But it was SO hilarious to hear the pot addressing the kettle about letting stuff go and rising above interpersonal mess because "You're here to do a job!", or words to that effect.

It was ESPECIALLY intriguing to see, because KK voted off one of Naomi's girls last week, and when Naomi was in the position to be hatchet woman, SHE voted off ONE OF KAROLINA'S!

Now, what I'm about to say is going to sound just as crazy as Naomi ripping Sandra a new one appeared and sounded, but please, hear me out . . .

There is no doubt whatsoever in my mind that when Naomi voted off Christy, from KK's team, that was the right decision. I feel that way because based on what I saw, Christy got her behind on her shoulder and didn't want to play a particular character that they'd hashed out and decided she should play. However, Little Miss Sandbox decided SHE wanted to play Sexy, so right before, or in the middle of the shoot , SHE takes it upon herself to COMPLETELY change up her wardrobe. Which, of course, threw the other girls and the shoot off.

And it showed.

Stephanie, OTOH, may have been (and, actually, IS) green as a "Go!" light, but she had sense enough to know what she DIDN'T know. So when it was decided that she'd play Conservative (IIRC), she STAYED Conservative, instead of worrying about showing off her body, like Christy did.

Stephanie may be the neophyte, but she had the common sense, brains and maturity (at least in THIS instance, anyway!) to prove that while she may indeed be a greenhorn, she's a greenhorn who'll listen and learn.

Matter of fact, Naomi pretty much said the same thing, or something very similar, when she was PI-ing the pros and cons of each of the bottom two girls. I think her final decision WAS motivated as a swipe against KK, but, ironically, wound up being the right decision, anyway.

Don't know if I'll continue to watch. I like Nigel (OF COURSE!), and also like KK and Coco. Naomi, not so much. I happen to agree with Critical that "She'll cut a bitch!" And that hood rat she picked, Sandra? Oh, brother. I could VERY happily do without seeing either one of those two, ever again, and having them ruin what I think just might be an interesting show, in the long run.

Sandra brings the model drama, so she might be around for a hot minute, I think. If she got bounced in a reasonable amount of time, just to see Nigel & Co., and see how the other housemates are doing might be enough to keep me hanging around.

Naomi, of course, has the professional model drama covered. And we all KNOW that SHE won't be going anywhere.

Still and all, it beats the HELL out of ANTM!
    Last edited by ness; 02-21-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    Lizard likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I'm glad Naomi eliminated Christy. I thought she had a crappy attitude. Maybe Stephanie is a newbie, but she wants it. Christy's snotty comments about her height and weight vs. Stephanie's were laughable. As if she thinks being thin is the only thing a model needs. Plus, her saying that Stephanie is 5'8" and 165 lbs? Please.

Maybe Karolina thinks Naomi eliminated Christy out of spite, but I think she kept the right girl. Plus, since Karolina chose to keep Stephanie last week, she can hardly argue with the decision.

I really want someone to smack Sandra. Maybe Naomi can throw a phone at her or something. She has a terrible attitude. Wasn't she the one who was losing her *&%$ over the judges during the casting special? She's a drama queen.....and she doesn't have an established career like Naomi, so no one is going to put up with attitude from her.

I never thought Nigel was short, but I was surprised at how much taller he looks on this show. Maybe I just never thought about it before. Seeing him standing next to the judges - all of whom where probably in ankle-breaking heels - sent me to Google. He's 6'4".
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

WHATEVER Naomi's motivation was, I'm glad she got Christy's behind out of there, too. Yep, I caught the comment she made about her being 5'11'' and 117 (?) lbs., vs. Stephanie's 5'8 and 165 (???????????).

Oh, HELL, no.

Anybody that childish and mean-spirited does not need to be representing ANY company. She already'd proven she was selfish and self-centered by changing her outfit for the shoot because she wanted to flash her bod.

Sandra? Even if she were the most spectacular and fabulous-looking unknown model in the world, she also happens to be very ignorant. Because she's OBVIOUSLY not given one thought to the fact that modeling agents and agencies, company execs and CEOs, etc., are more than likely going to be watching this. Or at least checking it out, once or twice. And maybe, just maybe, they'd be open to seeing one of the girls on this show and hiring her for something, even if she's not THE WINNAH!

You're dead right about that Critical . . .

If you're a problem child or not a nice person, that's going to show, and nobody of any substance will want to work with you.

Sandra is a fool, as well as being a hood rat.

Nigel?

*Sighs*

I wouldn't give a happy flying rip if the man was 5'5''. If he weren't married with kids, I'd take his ass any way I could get him!
    Last edited by ness; 02-22-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So....if he were just married with no kids, he'd be on your radar??? j/k
    ness likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    So....if he were just married with no kids, he'd be on your radar??? j/k

LoL!!!

Nigel does carry bald well. Not a lot of men do that.

I just watched the preliminary show they played this morning. I see Coco has a blonde drama queen. It was nice for them to listen and add her to her team. If money would have depended on that, she never would have added a for sure drama queen. But maybe she will turn out nice.

Sandra was in foster homes? She might be challenged to believe these people are nice or helpful....she might be her own worse enemy.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread