+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Pit Bulls and Parolees - Animal Planet

Re: Pit Bulls and Parolees - Animal Planet

From what I have heard, I think Tia has about 200 dogs. IMO, that's too many for the number to not come down. I'm not an expert on the matter though.

I do feel for the dogs, but to tia it is better that the dogs have a place where they are safe since so many are sort of thrown away by their owners. They probably don't get the walking and exercise they need, that is true. I know my little mini schnauzer is smaller than the usual for the breed (i think he was actually bred for dwarfism because it was considered cute, something I don't like at all), but his breed still needs one hour of vigorous exercise per day, and trust me, when he doesn't get it, you pay. Lol, he's a little wildman. So I try to at least play ball vigorously with him twice a day, walk him occasionally although he pulls (he will actually rise up and walk on his hind legs) , and he gets to run around in the backyard and hang at the fence with the dogs next door too.

I don't know what the answer is for these poor dogs. But i still admire Tia.
    sparklete likes this.

I don't watch this show very often because to me it's cruel to keep all those dogs like that. It's just swapping one kind of neglect for another.

No shelter is better than a home, but I'd argue that it is less cruel than being starved, used as bait for fighting or chained up for so long that the skin grows around the chain. These are the dogs that Tia rescues.
    beerbelly and sparklete like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Also I believe there a lot of volunteers that also help. This show just makes me happy and made me love pittbulls.
    sparklete likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I noticed this week that Tia calls her place a sanctuary. I don't consider the small pens those dogs live in for years on end, a sanctuary. IMO, they should work on improving the environment for those dogs that are there long term. I admire Tia, but IMO, it's not right to keep them long term in that environment.

When animals go to a sanctuary, you think of a peaceful place, with room. Not a cramped, loud, stressful place. I would think that finding a remedy for that might be a priority. I realize she is trying to help as many dogs as possible, but I would be impressed if she could improve the life quality for the ones she already has.
    causingchaos likes this.

Did anyone see the last episode where Tia's older daughter gets married? I'm trying to figure something out. I don't know a lot about Wicca or witchcraft, but it looked pretty apparent that Tia, her daugther and new husband are practicing. Tia's garb for the wedding looked like one of the hooded garments you would wear for their ceremonies. And the guy who officated looked like something out of a horror movie. The words he used were also very telling. And the groom had a pentagram tattoo on his hand, though I forgot to see which direction the star pointed. If it's up, then they are Wiccan, if down, it's Satanic.

I couldn't figure out why Tia's daughter wanted a black wedding gown and skulls on her cake. And she wanted the guests to dress like a Halloween Party. I guess it did fit in with New Orleans, but I wonder how well it was received. I'm pretty open minded, but I bet a lot of people aren't and that she may get some backlash from it. You have to really research to find the difference in Wicca and Satanism. Most people will lump them all together. I do wonder if this revelation will be good for their fundraising.

Tia's place, for these dogs is heaven. Most of them have probably never had shelter from the elements or a soft bed or regular meals. It's even better than a lot of shelters I've seen. I volunteer for 2 rescue groups and have pulled dogs from so-called shelters that are absolutely horrible. Tia's place isn't perfect but it's much better than some of the alternatives. She does have lots of volunteers, even has a group who come at night to walk the dogs. I admire her for what she's doing. Not enough people like her IMO.
    dreamonia and lilymax like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12