+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TS Memorial Day - Designers Cuts.

TS Memorial Day - Designers Cuts.

Did anyone see any of these episodes?

I was really hoping that the designers would be providing some commentary discussing why they had made certain choices.

The shows were awful imo.
    I caught a little bit of each of them as I was flicking through.
    It was basically the original show with a picture of the designer popping up every now and then with a comment in a "speech bubble".

Very disappointing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    I agree with you... I was expecting a little bit more !

I'm glad someone else saw it.

I was very dsappointed.
    I thought it was a great idea when they first announced it, but my vision for the show was very different from what they actually put out.

I was thinking more along the lines of the commentary you get by actors or directors on DVD's.
    Perhaps not as involved as some fo those are, but definitely that type of thing.
    I think what they gave us was pitiful.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie
    I was really disappointed by this too. I felt like I was watching Pop Up Video or something.
    Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we react to what happens; not by what life brings us, but by the attitude we bring to life

It was incredibly cheesy.

to the site btw Cleo and tamaroo
    "That's Numberwang!"

Yep, I second that emotion. I was all set to hear some behind-the-scenes dirt, and instead we only got frightening still pics with inane thought bubbles. The one picture they used of Kia looked like someone was goosing her. Ugh.

I was really just hoping to hear the reasoning behind some of their design decisions.
    What they served up was just crud imo.
    Most disappointing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I guess I was a bit corrupted by Changing Rooms when they were promoting this. I was picturing something similar to what CR did when they had a behind the scenes special that aired off and on last year, they did interviews with Carol and also made Laurence revisit the homeowners that had the biggest problem with his design, seems like they also visited his home during that special as well. It was truly a better look at some of the off camera things as well as very entertaining. I would have loved nothing more than to watch Doug or Hildi face up to a couple of their past homeowners and see what had happened to their "masterpieces".

SIGH guess my expectations were too high, I couldn't even sit thru these TS episodes again for the little bits that they gave us, I tried, but gave up quickly saying "that's it??? NEXT!!".

+ Reply to Thread