+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

About The Show - The Taste - ABC.com

One blind spoonful could change everything on ABC’s “The Taste.” This new cooking competition show is literally all about taste.

Sixteen competitors, from pro chefs to home cooks, whip up dishes attempting to impress four of the world’s most notable chefs. The catch is all the dishes will be judged in a blind taste test. In this pressure-packed contest, the taste of a single spoonful can catapult a contender to the top or send him packing.

“The Taste” features no-holds barred chef Anthony Bourdain, British food star Nigella Lawson, expert chef and author Ludo Lefebvre and restaurateur Brian Malarkey. Each of the four culinary superstars and “Taste” mentors – Bourdain, Lawson, Lefebvre and Malarkey – will coach a team of four competing pro and amateur cooks chosen from a nationwide casting call as they vie to create the best tasting dish.

In each episode, the groups will face team and individual challenges with a variety of culinary themes through several elimination rounds. At the end of each episode, the mentors will have to judge the competitors’ dishes blind, with no knowledge of whose creation they’re sampling, what they’re eating, how it was prepared or whom they could be eliminating.

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

I am looking forward to this. Bourdain has been very critical of food reality shows.

A lot of the dishes seem very creative.
    Last edited by Brooks; 01-22-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Nigella is my long-time girl crush. I'll be watching just for her.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love anything Tony does, so I enjoyed this. Tuna and lamb seemed to be overdone by a lot of the hopefuls, but there were some really creative dishes. I was surprised the dessert spoon girl made it through based on chocolate cake alone!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Interesting. I should check it out sometime.

I enjoyed this very much. I love the premise. It should be about the taste. While they're always crowing on at Top Chef about inovation and being challenged IMO that's ridiculous. First and foremost it should just taste great.
    Kip likes this.

I watched and enjoyed it. I'm not sure I believe that it is 100% unscripted because I noticed that the order of the judges showing their votes changed to allow those who voted "for" to be shown last for a lot of them. But, I think it's a good premise and that we'll see some personality from the judges. Most of the contestants seem okay, too, at least for now, with one or two exceptions.
    cablejockey likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

This was The Voice, but with food and not as good.
    Two hours was much too long for me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Am looking forward to watching this (recorded). I'm sure it'll be good for awhile...until it becomes so scripted like so many of the shows we loved....and don't anymore.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast