+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Bourdain had two shows on Travel Channel - No Reservations and The Layover. No Reservations is done, but they still air reruns. The Layover may have a couple of new episodes left before it's done also, but I don't think the reruns will suddenly disappear from the channel overnight.

In addition to The Taste, Bourdain also signed with CNN to do a new travel/cuisine show called Parts Unknown. I guess it will start airing later this year.
    waywyrd likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

If I was a chef, I'd be most honored being with Anthony.
    waywyrd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    If I was a chef, I'd be most honored being with Anthony.
    Me too
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I have a ridiculous crush on Anthony Bourdain, so I will watch him do just about anything. I knew the last girl would get in with her Asian dish, as he just loves that cuisine. I don't remember Malarky from TC, and I've watched every season . I kind of love Ludo too, he's just so OTT in many ways, and then he smiles that huge smile of his and you can tell he's just a rascal. I finally saw part two of the auditions (don't know why they showed it over two weeks here!?) and I have to agree, they let a lot of great chefs go because they were often holding out in the hopes that someone better might come along. I would have loved it if they put some of the ones they weren't completely sold on through to a wildcard round, and then each picked one more chef from that, so there would be teams of 5.

Does anyone know if each episode will basically be the same format as the auditions, or will they do challenges, etc like Top Chef?

I think they will do challenges sweetpea, I saw some of the previews - Ludo was yelling at someone. I will be interested to see how Nigella does, she doesn't seem like a screamer
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

No, she definitely doesn't seem like a screamer. I would want to be on Anthony's team first, then Nigella's. While I find Ludo funny to watch, I remember well how he flew off the handle during TCM and made an A** of himself in the process. He's really intense and demands perfection. His poor team!

Glad to hear they will do challenges. I don't know if I would watch, if the entire thing is the teams cooking something in an hour and then the tasting and someone goes.

Plus, someone needs to tell the girls bringing the food that they should include a skirt with their dress. Yowza.

FORT Fogey

The first challenge we see is comfort food I assume because it was in a commercial.

Help me here, I am pretty sure I have seen Erika on some other TV show....I am perhaps thinking The Bachelor...
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Man, what a load of baloney that Renatta was eliminated instead of Shawn. Didn't Malarkey love her dish? Besides, I don't even remember what she did wrong with it, but it can't have been something heinous, since at least one judge loved the dish. Shawn definitely should've gone home, seeing how he didn't season his chicken. I mean, seriously, salt and pepper, that's cooking 101! I'm not a good cook, but I sure as heck know how to season.

And dang, Diane must really be bitter about that time she was eliminated in Chopped Champions for forgetting a basket ingredient, because she makes me wiish for someone to shove an apple in her mouth to shut her up. What a nasty attitude she's got.
    Florimel and Duckyface like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    And dang, Diane must really be bitter about that time she was eliminated in Chopped Champions for forgetting a basket ingredient, because she makes me wiish for someone to shove an apple in her mouth to shut her up. What a nasty attitude she's got.
    I don't remember her from Chopped and I'm glad I don't. She is one nasty woman. And on every one of these competition shows, there is a nasty person....
    Florimel likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread