+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

It took me three tries to get through this show. At first I wasn't really liking it so I quit watching about 30 mins in. Then I thought I should give it another shot and I made it another 30 mins. I was really starting to like the format though, so I finally finished the last hour lol. I like Nigella. I also like the idea of the home cooks beating out the professional chefs. I think home cooks make what they know people would enjoy eating, while professional chefs make what they want to eat (or to look fancy). Big difference.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Malarkey's his last name.

I just noticed he was on one of the older Top Chef seasons as a contestant. A season I've seen before, and I didn't recognize him.

FORT Fogey

It would have been better if they were able to choose 8 for their team at first then wittle them down to 4. A lot of good chefs were passed because of this restriction. Or at least a wild card round.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I agree. Four was too few. Who knows how many chefs missed out on even an audition.

I missed the premiere but I saw tonight's episode. Interesting mix of celebrity chefs -- Ludo's team doesn't know what they're in for, he can be a real jerk in the kitchen if Top Chef Masters was any indication. I have a feeling Bourdain won't be as harsh in the kitchen, not if he's looking for the best results. It made sense (after the fact) that he was holding out for a chef with Asian influences, since that's his favorite cuisine.

I was surprised to see Brian Malarky at the same table with these chefs. I remember him from season 3 of Top Chef, he was addicted to lobster/seafood the same way that Jamie is addicted to scallops. I haven't kept up with him since then, maybe I'll have to check out the premiere to see if there were profiles of the head chefs (were there?). Somehow I think he won't be a commanding presence in his kitchen -- and we're going to see a lot of seafood from his team.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Brian Bio - The Taste - ABC.com

Here is the bio of Malarky, MF. He was accomplished before he went on Top Chef as many are.

I didn't like Ludo or Malarkey that much last night. I will see how they are in the kitchen. I still love Nigella, and I like Bourdain
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I also didn't appreciate Ludo's personality on Top Chef Masters AND I can't understand much of what he says. His accent is really thick. It'll be interesting to see how his team reacts to him...for both reasons.

FORT Fogey

I would want to be on Bourdain's team. I really like this man. I have been watching his show for years, decades maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I would want to be on Bourdain's team. I really like this man. I have been watching his show for years, decades maybe.
    When is it on Shoepie?? and where

I would like to be on Nigella's team.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread