+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

I loved the chocolate dessert! I am glad she went through( and to Nigella's team)
    Florimel likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I watched and enjoyed it. I'm not sure I believe that it is 100% unscripted because I noticed that the order of the judges showing their votes changed to allow those who voted "for" to be shown last for a lot of them. But, I think it's a good premise and that we'll see some personality from the judges. Most of the contestants seem okay, too, at least for now, with one or two exceptions.
    There is no way this is scripted. Bourdain would not hear of that. He is very vocal about reality cooking shows. The producer is privy to what they vote and chooses the order. It is edited, so the time to put the judges in order for the reveal is longer than what we see.

I enjoyed this show; the 2 hours flew by.

What was that woman thinking who put adobo in a noodle kugel!

I was surprised how many used raw tuna. No more inovative than mashed potatoes these days.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 01-23-2013 at 01:02 PM.

I agree about the noodle kugel, shoepie. I wouldn't choose a salt and pepper kugel begin with. I make potato kugel and lochsen kugel. My lochsen kugel is done either with cinnamon and cottage cheese, or a fruit and raisins. Nor did I like when the same woman said that nobody cooks traditional Jewish food anymore. I'm do not keep kosher, but many of my friends and I do indeed cook traditional Jewish food.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Overall I liked the show and I did see the similarity to THE VOICE. At least there were no really bad auditions since everybody had pre-auditioned and could cook.

I don't think the judges went on about wishing they had taken someone to make them feel better. I really think that we are so tied up with how people look, that when they saw the cook, they thought more highly of the food....exactly the premise of the show.

I know I have at least seen all the judges on some show or other, but I got really tired of Nigella and her "I don't want to play with you...." When she repeated it several times, I couldn't figure out if she was being stupid or trying to be sexy with a double entendre.

I really like the concept of not knowing whose food the judges will be tasting and the possibility of one's own team member going home.

To the Point

I totally enjoyed this show. I hope that it remains as enjoyable as it progresses. I was prepared to not be impressed.

FORT Regular

I just started watching, and its supposed to be blind judging but they don't say no or yes until after seeing and speaking to the person...so is it really blind? Or am I missing something. Maybe they had to say yes or no before meeting the person and that answer is not shown until after they speak to the person...that could be it.
    norealityhere likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WillowLeviosa View Post
    I just started watching, and its supposed to be blind judging but they don't say no or yes until after seeing and speaking to the person...so is it really blind? Or am I missing something. Maybe they had to say yes or no before meeting the person and that answer is not shown until after they speak to the person...that could be it.
    They lock in their vote before they see them
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

When they hit the button all they are doing is revealing how they voted. They aren't actually casting their vote in that moment. The vote has already been cast.

I think that since they were each limited to putting four chefs on each team, they were less likely to choose the earlier contestants as they were worried they would miss someone really good at the end. Might have been a little more fair if they were limited to eight each and then had to pare down to four next week.
    Shoepie, Snowbird and AZChristian like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

I didn't like this show at all. Don't care for the concept but then again, I also don't like The Voice. I prefer Masterchef, with the varied challenges and a lot of the actual creative process. I did like Anthony Bourdain (would take him over Gordon Ramsay any day) but hated that Malarkey guy - conceited douchebag. I couldn't get through the second hour. I might try again to see Bourdain.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread