+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Just finishing the show through On Demand. Random thoughts: the "Goes Good w/Beer" or whatever episode...why didn't the judges have a good mug of beer at the end while they were sampling the tastes? Maybe then the perceived saltiness of certain dishes would have made more sense. I didn't think Marina would win but I kinda wished she would...agree w/those who said she didn't follow the instructions too many times. But I have been quoting her, "I don't know what I don't know but I know what I know, and I don't know what they know, but I know what they don't know," for a couple of weeks. ;-) I was very surprised at Jacques' choices but how thrilling for Marina to be chosen as top dish! From there on out, I didn't mind whoever won, I didn't see it coming but it's alright.

My one criticism of the show would be that mentoring is a particular thing...this season seemed very...dicated to me, so far as what people prepared, at least for team challenges. I would rather see them give a variety of ideas and let the chefs pick their own way.

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Just finishing the show through On Demand. Random thoughts: the "Goes Good w/Beer" or whatever episode...why didn't the judges have a good mug of beer at the end while they were sampling the tastes? Maybe then the perceived saltiness of certain dishes would have made more sense. I didn't think Marina would win but I kinda wished she would...agree w/those who said she didn't follow the instructions too many times. But I have been quoting her, "I don't know what I don't know but I know what I know, and I don't know what they know, but I know what they don't know," for a couple of weeks. ;-) I was very surprised at Jacques' choices but how thrilling for Marina to be chosen as top dish! From there on out, I didn't mind whoever won, I didn't see it coming but it's alright.

My one criticism of the show would be that mentoring is a particular thing...this season seemed very...dicated to me, so far as what people prepared, at least for team challenges. I would rather see them give a variety of ideas and let the chefs pick their own way.
    bolding mine.

LOVE... heh heh heh

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    If you noticed, there were two trophies. One for Ludo and one for Louise. I didn't like the mentor involvement in the first round of challenges but it's clearer to me now that the mentors were in fierce competition with each other and that was the main area where they had some involvement.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm actually watching the finale just now.

Nobody mentioned Marina making rooster testicles. Initial reaction to hearing it may be "lol so offputting", but you know, I'd try it. Why not? Especially if it's done well, which I'm sure Marina has done. She won that challenge afterall.

And I never mentioned before how attractive I find Shellie

I think Marina said that rooster testicles were a common breakfast for her and her siblings growing up. I can't imagine having that many on hand every day, LOL.
    JohnnyK likes this.

+ Reply to Thread