+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Marina is likeable but I don't want her to win. I don't think she should have made it this far. I think Lee will either come in first or second. I wouldn't be disappointed with a Jeff or Louise win either.

I'm rooting for Louise but don't think it will happen for her. I'm fine if Jeff wins. He seems to be a decent chef. Besides, I've appreciated his commentary about Marina throughout the season. You can tell he has a true fondness for her, as a person, but doesn't have a problem joking about her quirks either. He kept me chuckling every week.

I don't want Lee to win. Nope. No way...

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Lee would be the obvious winner. 4 yeses in the audition, and he has the underdog story now. Him and Anthony vs 3 Ludos.

Jeff's a bit of a jerk but I don't mind him. I might take back what I said about Marina. Anyone can win. Hopefully a Ludo.

Man, the more I watch The Taste UK, the more I feel like the guest judges are just representing the UK poorly in that they almost exclusively favor Eurocentric dishes over all else.
    Revenge is ice cream.

I was thrilled that Lee didn't win. (And what was all that with Cassie?) I would have been happy with either Marina or Louise, although my son was upset that Lousie won ;-) (He only watched the show tonight and decided that her undercooked lobster in the first challenge should have disqualified her from winning.)

YAY for Louise! Good for her... I'm happy she won. She was smart enough to ask questions and listen to Chef Papin's (sp?) advice. Wise move, Louise!

I'd love to know the breakdown of the votes. I'm no math wizard so I can't even begin to figure out how it happened except that none of the judges voted Lee's meal as #1.

Also, did you guys see Marina's face when it was announced that Louise had won? It spoke volumes. She was in shock.
    Moontat likes this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

I didn't watch the whole episode, but at the very end when Louise and Marina were standing next to each other waiting for the decision, Louise reached out and tried to take Marina's hand. Marina refused. That seemed odd to me.

I didn't want Marina to win because she sometimes veered off from the assignment to put up what she wanted to, rather than what she was assigned to. During the "goes with beer" assignment, several of the judges commented that the dish was good, but didn't seem like it fit the assignment.

Way to go, Louise. As long as Lee didn't win, I'm happy!
    Moontat likes this.

It was silly how the mentors kept repeating they didn't know who had prepared the dishes since Marina's lunch was so obviously hers. Bourdain was so crestfallen that Lee came in third, he must have thought he was voting for Lee's dishes instead of Louise's (since he knew full well which ones were Marina's).

I hope Cassandra didn't dump Lee upon learning he lost out on the $100K, LOL.

Even before God (Pepin), Marina didn't really want advice. (AZChristian, earlier in the episode Marina told Louise she still loved her no matter what the outcome. I think Marina was just too nervous at the end.)
    Baby's Breath likes this.

About halfway through the episode I figured Louise was winning. I couldn't count on 2 hands the amount of times Lee was told he was the 'one to beat' or Lee himself said he expected to win. I think he's a great chef, but as his Dad said 'don't get oo cocky'...and he did. Right before the final judging Marina said "I didn't have time to taste it" and she seemed disappointed in not doing so. I figured if she was the winner they wouldn't have shown that clip of her saying as much. Her food also seemed very 'normal' and non-Marina-ish. Lousie was always shown in a good light, as the underdog, and as listening to Ludo and the guest mentors, so I figured she would win. I did have to chuckle when, at Ludo's urging, she cracked the lobster open and he declared it "Perfect!" and then Jaques Pepin said it was undercooked. Ouch!

I wasn't sure I liked how Jacques tasted each spoon. I know he wanted to taste every element of the dish, but he seemed to pick it apart when I felt it was supposed to be one 'taste'...like one mouthful...but who am I to question the great Chef Pepin!

I, too, felt that by the end of show most of the chefs had at least a little clue as to whom cooked each dish. Egg Rolls? Yeah, a no brainer there! I noticed that when one chef's dish was being tasted three of the chefs would say 'I think it needs salt' and Ludo (knowing it was one of his chefs) said 'I think it tastes great'. Tony did it with Lee's food too.

When Marina chose to make egg rolls I knew the judges would realize it was her dish. IMO, most of them thought the winning steak meal was Lee's. That said, they did vote for the meal that tasted best...which leads me to believe they're pretty honest judges.

I just wish I knew how the voting went for placement. Did they all vote for Louise's meal as their top choice or did one of them vote for Marina. (I'm positive Lee's meal came in third for all the judges.)

+ Reply to Thread