+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Nigella will probably be the first to lose her entire team, again.

I don't like romance on reality shows anymore. I could do with either Lee or Cassandra leaving soon.

Cassandra left so the romance is over on the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It wasn't romance to me, it was just tackiness.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

I didn't realize this already aired this week. Thanks.

Shehu got three red stars and still survived? That doesn't seem right on paper.

I'd rather see Shehu stay after a massive risk taking failure than Cassandra who the minute she had to work without someone basically doing it for her floundered at best and still came off looking like a stereotypical "help me I'm pretty" sort of girl. I can see why she went home. And the fact she just didn't seem to get it.

I always got the impression from Nigella that she kind of picks teams for the warm fuzzies she gets from them and she's not necessarily the best leader kind of bringing them down the path of food she likes most vs. what all the other judges might like better which is never going to work for her on this show.

I laughed when the winning dish for the individual round was fish and chips (with a bite size twist.) Nigella couldn't get her team up to speed and the girl from Samuelson's team nailed it - and for the win.

I still would have liked to see Ms. Delusional go home, wiping out Nigella's team, but she didn't make bottom two. I think the judges were expecting her to, along with the other contestants.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I'd rather see Shehu stay after a massive risk taking failure than Cassandra who the minute she had to work without someone basically doing it for her floundered at best and still came off looking like a stereotypical "help me I'm pretty" sort of girl. I can see why she went home. And the fact she just didn't seem to get it.
    Yes, better to "fail gloriously", as Bourdain put it.

I love the chatter among the celeb chefs. We were dying with laughter at our house over Ludo's tantrums about the "Spang". All four of the chefs are wonderful, so charming and amusing. I know I've said it before, but what a difference from Ramsey and that super-douche Bastianich.
    Brooks likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Street food is making the competition show rounds this year. Roi Choi has appeared as judge/mentor on both Top Chef and The Taste this year (so far).

Food trucks are getting super trendy that's why I think street food is making the rounds. I'm honestly surprised they're still trying to differentiate food trucks and restaurants/lunch diners anymore. They're basically cooking the same foods. It's moved well away from traditional street food.

Maybe the big climax regarding Jacquelyn will have her receiving four red stars and thus automatically being eliminated without deliberation... I could honestly see that happening. Would be pretty cool.
    TripleGemini and tapper01 like this.

+ Reply to Thread