+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

I watch it online at ABC's website on Fridays, and it's only about 90 minutes long. (There are many fewer commercials.)

How did such idiots make it through the screening process? Dear woman who left first, Exactly why would Nigella be jealous of your beauty? Even if Nigella weren't pretty, she can actually cook. And Jay, Jay, Jay...even with three stars, you had a chance of staying if you'd just accepted what the judges were saying with grace.

Between "I have this in the bag" and "my blog! my blog!", I know who I want to go out next ;-)

I caught the rerun of this somehow. I liked it last year though I know I didn't catch every episode especially later in the season. But holy wow did they get the stereotypical characters on this year.

I watch mostly to get ideas for my own cooking. And I like how the chefs mentor for the most part. I also like the discussion that happens with the food and judging of the food. While heated, the discussion they have really helps me become a better cook. Not that I aspire to being a great cook by any stretch of the imagination but some of the stuff really makes sense and I can implement it in my day to day meal cooking.

The turkey stuffing debacle did make me laugh though. It probably was the best dinner he had and he probably even likes stuffing that much. My dad loves his stuffing without anything crazy like gravy on it. I can't stand that mouthful of dry stuffing. I need at the very least some grease from soemthing on it and barring that then some gravy. But it's an interesting learning curve to get past what you like to eat vs. what is a solid recipe and what the general public would love to eat.

I think Jay's emotional ties to his dish clouded his judgement on whether or not it was good or not. My Mom was a mediocre cook at best, but there are just some things she made when I was a kid that I just loved. Now, as an adult who has gone to Culinary School, I know her food wasn't the best, but there are just some things that when I think about them, they make me happy, although I know they wouldn't win any cooking contest and might even get me booted if I tried to submit them for judging. Jay couldn't see past his love for his Mom's stuffing to be impartial in determining its worthiness as a winning dish.
    Florimel likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So despite my earlier comment, I am watching this, and I like the new format better.

Khristianne almost always received a gold star last season. Will the winner this season be as obvious as Jeff or Lee?

I was sad to see Don go so soon. He's a good guy.

I am enjoying the new format as well.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Nigella's team was a hot mess and that Jackie girl should have been kicked off for sabotage

Cassandra was a Pavarti wannabe. They made the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    Nigella's team was a hot mess and that Jackie girl should have been kicked off for sabotage

Yes. They were.

After watching both seasons of this show, I think Nigella's biggest problem is in choosing a team. It doesn't seem to be her strong suit. I thought she should have dumped both women when she had the chance. They were beyond disrespectful to her!

I'm not sure the right person was sent home last night. IF the "rules" state that the contestant should be judged on this one dish alone....they clearly made a mistake. I realize it would be difficult to erase what they already know about a cook but sometimes hard decisions must be made and then they all need to move on. Judges on Top Chef wrestle with this all.the.time. It can't be easy.

IF those rules are not in place then they made the right choice.
    Kip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    After watching both seasons of this show, I think Nigella's biggest problem is in choosing a team. It doesn't seem to be her strong suit. I thought she should have dumped both women when she had the chance. They were beyond disrespectful to her!
    That makes 3 out of 4 on her team that were beyond disrespectful. Tough season for Nigella.

Bourdain was so cute with his Ingredient X, and then preening and primping after he won his very first team challenge!

Hasn't Tony mentioned several times during judging that they're basing their decision on who to send home on the cumulative quality of their dishes?
    Even though Shehu's (sp?) dish sounded vile - I really couldn't handle Cassandra's incessant giggling and obvious playing up to every male within striking distance. Her dish would've been even worse but the guy in her kitchen helped her out. Very happy she was sent packing.

I wish I could feel bad for Nigella, but it seems to be a pattern with her - she goes for the homey food when choosing her team and then is blown out of the water when the cooks can't keep up.
    Jay was the only likeable person on her team - until "stuffing-gate"! LOL I have very fond memories of my grandmother's cooking, but sheesh, they're my personal memories. Don't make the dish if you can't bear criticism. I guess he honestly thought there was nothing wrong!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

+ Reply to Thread