Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I was so bored, I fell asleep
    My same exact feelings.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

This show is a train wreck.

The set hurts my eyes and I can't imagine how they cook in those screamingly bright backlit kitchens. I can't distinguish one team from another by the teeny tiny colored tabs on their aprons. Why can't they wear team-colored aprons that say "Ludo" or "Bourdain" etc. on them? This alone would make the show much easier to watch and enjoy.

The Ludo/Malarkey rivalry is confusing. What does Ludo have against Malarkey? Ludo is rude to everyone, though. Lucky for everyone he's incomprehensible. Great teeth, though.

The pods that the chefs hide in - ridiculous. This isn't about cooking on the Starship Enterprise.

I think the whole format is flawed as well. Once they've seen who are the best & worst, it's no longer a blind taste test and they know whose team member they're sending home.

And the editing to make it more dramatic - maybe they need to do that because without it, there's nothing exciting happening.

Yet I watch and I get hungry . . .
    pikachu and Shoepie like this.

great post rebotco. I agree with everything you have posted
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I agree with a lot of other criticisms of the show. I wish the judges made their decisions about who had the winning dish and who was going home before they found out who cooked which dish. What's the point of doing a blind tasting if they reveal who cooked what before the judging?

Anthony is the only chef I had heard of prior to this show and I can't say I'm a fan of his. Malarkey seems too juvenile and Ludo is too uptight. Anthony and Nigella are the only judges I like.

I have a feeling this show isn't going to be renewed for a second season. It's quite a snoozefest. It's one of those shows I listen to while playing games on Facebook and waiting for good shows to start.
    Photobabe likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I agree with a lot of other criticisms of the show. I wish the judges made their decisions about who had the winning dish and who was going home before they found out who cooked which dish. What's the point of doing a blind tasting if they reveal who cooked what before the judging?

Anthony is the only chef I had heard of prior to this show and I can't say I'm a fan of his. Malarkey seems too juvenile and Ludo is too uptight. Anthony and Nigella are the only judges I like.

I have a feeling this show isn't going to be renewed for a second season. It's quite a snoozefest. It's one of those shows I listen to while playing games on Facebook and waiting for good shows to start.
    It has been a "filler" show for me too. Its not bad, but its not an "event"
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Interesting article about Nigella:

Nigella Lawson: Our hottest cook spills the beans on cracking America, THAT dress and horsemeat | Mail Online

Could she, I wonder, imagine a world without food – or the odd glass of wine? She grimaces and admits having a hangover after drinking too much wine the night before with fellow TV chef Ludo Lefebvre.

The challenge was sandwiches this week - both rounds.

Anthony finally lost a team member (Mia) - who had to be the most stubborn, ornery person there. When you have several judges telling you that you burnt the bread, apologize and explain what you TRIED to do. She was miserable and made the decision that much easier for them.

Huda (Nigella) was a definite goner. Chicken pesto? that was not going to fly - especially when I saw her put full breasts in the pan with little to no seasoning. ???? that was just a disaster.
    So Nigella is down to just one team member, who did have one of the winning dishes.
    Diana was also in the bottom and was humble tonight - wowow - who knew that was possible?
    The guy with immunity (argh - Tony?) was also in the bottom and surprisingly he also was somewhat humble and listened.

The show is a time waster for me but it has it's moments
    Kip likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I watched it because there was not much on last night. Its an okay show. That Malarky guy is irritating.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I watched it because there was not much on last night. Its an okay show. That Malarky guy is irritating.
    I watched some of it- sandwiches
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Next episode they're going to make cereal. The ingredients will be milk and a choice of Lucky Charms, Cheerios, Fruit Loops, or Frosted Flakes. Some people decide to mix more than one cereal together to show their expertise.

Well, I'm watching the episode now.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread