+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: The Taste (ABC Thursday 8 P.M.)

Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

The casting department usually picks a nasty one or two with at least some skills so they have an excuse to keep them around for a while.
    libgirl2, Shoepie and JohnnyK like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Every reality show needs their villain, and especially one that can last a while. I don't expect Diane to go soon. She'll probably make it halfway or so.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Do not make dessert for this panel. What is wrong with those who do?!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't understand what the judges have against dessert. That's one of the things I make best. Do they not have desserts in their restaurants?? I don't think the contestants should have to cater to the judges' whims. They should be able to identify well-made food regardless if it's their thing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I don't understand what the judges have against dessert. That's one of the things I make best. Do they not have desserts in their restaurants?? I don't think the contestants should have to cater to the judges' whims. They should be able to identify well-made food regardless if it's their thing or not.
    They said something about sugar and jaded palates. Apparently if you have as sophisticated a palate as the judges you are too good for desserts. Personally I like desserts and I like to make dessert,s so I guess my palate isn't good enough yet. I hope it never gets good enough that I don't enjoy dessert

FORT Fogey

Chef's are divided into two groups. Pastry chefs and everyone else. Savory food has a much wider range of flavor profiles, as they say. I love to cook but rarely make desserts though I like them. I get why it is a mistake to serve a dessert on a show with all savory chefs. It is like comparing cheese and chalk.

There was an interruption at the Los Angeles station for the manhunt update so I missed which spoon won this episode. I would appreciate an update. At least the dessert didn't go home this week, but it was in the bottom.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    There was an interruption at the Los Angeles station for the manhunt update so I missed which spoon won this episode. I would appreciate an update. At least the dessert didn't go home this week, but it was in the bottom.
    I haven't quite got all their names down yet, but 2 of the chefs each got 2 stars- one from Tony's team and one from Malarkey's. Kristianne was one of them (from Malarkey's) and I can't remember the other one- I know she had a
    combo name (like BillyBob or AnnaSue). 2 people each from Ludo's team and Nigella's team were in the bottom 4 and one from each went home. Sean from Ludo's team (he was in the bottom last week) and the blonde from Nigella's that had the winning spoon that was presented to the guest judges at the beginning of the episode. HTH.

ETA: I looked it up and NinaMarie from Tony's team was the other winner along with Khristianne. Shawn and Erika went home.
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 02-13-2013 at 08:15 AM.

FORT Fogey

Ludo is intolerable.

This show moves too fast. They should put a picture up, in a lower corner, of what each chef made with a brief description as they talk about their food. It is hard to remember who did what. Also who their mentor is. I still do not associate the color tab on their aprons to the chef. I suppose that is my fault!

I have seen Marlarky's woman chef (tattoos) on Ann Burells show and another one, perhaps chopped (?).

I adore Anthony! I love his laid back style. Walking around the kitchens drinking wine is soooooooo him!

I was so bored, I fell asleep
    Photobabe likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread