+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: The Taste (ABC Thursday 8 P.M.)

Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

It took me three tries to get through this show. At first I wasn't really liking it so I quit watching about 30 mins in. Then I thought I should give it another shot and I made it another 30 mins. I was really starting to like the format though, so I finally finished the last hour lol. I like Nigella. I also like the idea of the home cooks beating out the professional chefs. I think home cooks make what they know people would enjoy eating, while professional chefs make what they want to eat (or to look fancy). Big difference.
    Boob Wrinkles - it is not a myth

JohnnyK

Malarkey's his last name.

I just noticed he was on one of the older Top Chef seasons as a contestant. A season I've seen before, and I didn't recognize him.

Shoepie

It would have been better if they were able to choose 8 for their team at first then wittle them down to 4. A lot of good chefs were passed because of this restriction. Or at least a wild card round.

JohnnyK

I agree. Four was too few. Who knows how many chefs missed out on even an audition.

I missed the premiere but I saw tonight's episode. Interesting mix of celebrity chefs -- Ludo's team doesn't know what they're in for, he can be a real jerk in the kitchen if Top Chef Masters was any indication. I have a feeling Bourdain won't be as harsh in the kitchen, not if he's looking for the best results. It made sense (after the fact) that he was holding out for a chef with Asian influences, since that's his favorite cuisine.

I was surprised to see Brian Malarky at the same table with these chefs. I remember him from season 3 of Top Chef, he was addicted to lobster/seafood the same way that Jamie is addicted to scallops. I haven't kept up with him since then, maybe I'll have to check out the premiere to see if there were profiles of the head chefs (were there?). Somehow I think he won't be a commanding presence in his kitchen -- and we're going to see a lot of seafood from his team.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Shoepie

Brian Bio - The Taste - ABC.com

Here is the bio of Malarky, MF. He was accomplished before he went on Top Chef as many are.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I didn't like Ludo or Malarkey that much last night. I will see how they are in the kitchen. I still love Nigella, and I like Bourdain
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I also didn't appreciate Ludo's personality on Top Chef Masters AND I can't understand much of what he says. His accent is really thick. It'll be interesting to see how his team reacts to him...for both reasons.

Shoepie

I would want to be on Bourdain's team. I really like this man. I have been watching his show for years, decades maybe.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I would want to be on Bourdain's team. I really like this man. I have been watching his show for years, decades maybe.
    When is it on Shoepie?? and where

I would like to be on Nigella's team.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread