+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: The Taste (ABC Thursday 8 P.M.)

Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Maybe the big climax regarding Jacquelyn will have her receiving four red stars and thus automatically being eliminated without deliberation... I could honestly see that happening. Would be pretty cool.
    That would be awesome :-)

HAHA!

If Jacquelyn is one of the candidates, I have no doubt that Nigella will go out of her way to insist that she be eliminated!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I didn't realize this already aired this week. Thanks.

Shehu got three red stars and still survived? That doesn't seem right on paper.
    These judges don't like vegans.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Vegans who whine and moan and stomp their feet and show cleavage and announce they couldn't possibly try that meat dish because they're vegans deserve to be sent home. Even if they sort of change their attitude about it during the contest.
    Florimel and Gala62 like this.

She also whined that this was the first challenge without the mentor and she was lost. Without a strong chef to lean on, she had no clue. It was right she was sent packing.
    Gala62 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Tonight's challenges are vegetarian cooking ("Go Green"). I wonder if the mentors knew that was coming up next and if so whether that affected voting off Cassandra.

So far the attempts to make healthy dishes (like Audrey) have not done well because the mentors want everything succulent, dripping with fat. Vegetarian dishes can be very unhealthy. I'm curious whether those will be the ones to get the nods.

so Jacqulyne went home on her own? Wonder what happened ?

How can a professional cook just walk out of a challenge like that on national tv? Hubby thinks it may reflect all the bad stuff that has been broadcast about Nigella lately and how she treats her staff, but even so it was a suicidal move for Jacquelyn.

Did Jacquelyn open a beer when she left. When she went to the station behind her, I thought I heard a bottle being opened and she she left it looked like she grabbed a beer off the counter and then walked away. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by grapenuts View Post
    Did Jacquelyn open a beer when she left. When she went to the station behind her, I thought I heard a bottle being opened and she she left it looked like she grabbed a beer off the counter and then walked away. Weird.
    I'm not sure what was in that bottle - but I do know that minutes earlier she said something to the effect that she wanted to do well so her little boy would be proud of her.

I don't care if Nigella was stressed/grumpy, this contestant had the opportunity to embrace one-on-one mentoring and she caved like a house of graham crackers!

+ Reply to Thread