+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: The Taste (ABC Thursday 8 P.M.)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: The Taste (ABC Tuesday 8 P.M.)

This terrible show started its second season tonight.
    Punkin likes this.

I don't think it is terrible. I rather enjoyed the auditions and having Marcus Samuelson on as a fourth mentor/judge. They took on some crazy people, so it should be entertaining.
    tapper01 and AZChristian like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I think we'll continue to watch it. Hubby has developed manlove for Bourdain so it's probably not optional, LOL.

OK, so what is a "concept food"? Couldn't figure it out googling last night. The guy has given us two examples but what else would qualify?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

My favorite was Mr. Los Angeles God's Gift to the Culinary World who got NO invitations. I love to see arrogance knocked down.

I couldn't watch it because I had two other programs at the same time, but it's airing again on Tuesday and I recorded it. I don't remember it as being a show I liked very much, but it's the kind of things I'll watch to get ideas for recipes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Good eliminations last night. I'm definitely rooting for some of the other contestants this season. I don't understand why vegetarians, who aren't even willing to taste the food, bother applying.
    Florimel and tapper01 like this.

I agree that the right people went home. That first woman who was eliminated wasn't even watchable for entertainment. Did she really believe Nigella was jealous of her "beauty?" In what universe? Nigella is far from my favorite and I don't think she selected her cooks well, but to say over and over that she's crazy, ignorant, and envious was delusional on a grand scale.

I'd like to see a couple of the, "I know it all and I'm better than everyone" types tone it down a little. If not, I'll be rooting for them to go soon.
    libgirl2 and tapper01 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The crazy lady who thought she was being hated on for beauty and the gravy guy smh. Why risk getting booted over some dang gravy lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think the problem with the gravy guy is what he fondly remembered from Thanksgiving was probably never that good tasting. I imagine he was correct that he would be penalized for lack of gravy because it wouldn't hold up well sitting around. I think he didn't get that he needed to compensate for that and not reproduce what the meal would have tasted like without the gravy (too dry). Or better yet, come up with a completely different dish.

I really, really wish this show was not two hours long. It's painfully drawn out. Is it not possible to do 90 minutes and just put a repeat of Modern Family on afterwards? Normally I wouldn't mind two hours of Anthony Bourdain but the amount of commercial breaks during the second hour made me insane. PVRing it from now on.

I like this show for a few reasons - there is plenty of actual cooking, the chefs are participating in the kitchen with their teams for the first challenge, and these "masterchefs" are waaaaay more palatable (no pun intended) than the Fox Masterchefs (Graham Elliot is the only one of that trio I can stand). I would have loved to see that Audrey woman eliminated - she is just as delusional as that weird Lebanese woman who thought Nigella booted her because she was too beautiful. Her "fans"? SMH.

I think Nigella is a doll, but my husband wondered why she was lolling on the couch like a centrefold pinup during the chefs' powwow during the second challenge.
    Florimel likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread