+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Lifetime's Double Divas

Lifetime's Double Divas

Lifetime's Double Divas

Searching for the perfect fit for your must-see winter reality TV? Try sizing up Lifetime's Double Divas. The new series, premiering Thursday at 10/9c, opens the doors to the LiviRae lingerie shop where bra-fitting experts Molly Hopkins and Cynthia Richards welcome clients ranging from bridesmaids to boyfriends. Known as the "bra whisperer" and the "Thomas Edison" of custom lingerie, these Southern belles bring their intimate expertise ó and over-the-top personalities ó to women of all shapes and sizes. And even if you're not vying for a fitting, you can tune in for the ladies' tell-all talk. We did, and here's what they had to say.
    Wow, I came across this show on Thursday night after watching Project Runway. Anyone else see it? The duo that run this shop are perfect for television. I couldn't stop watching!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Lifetime's Double Divas

I watched it too. I liked the women who run the shop and enjoyed the show. It's not on my must-watch list yet though.

Okay there are seriously way too many reality TV shows. I started to do something really weird again...I am reading books. These ladies seemreally sweet & genuine. We know what happens when sweet people meet reality tv.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I never would have predicted by the description that I would watch this show. The ladies are funny as well as driven to help women get undergarments that fit. I felt a little like I do when I watch Hoarders and every so often I am sure I looked like , but there was something about how they ran this business that fascinated me. But it could get old very quickly.
    Last edited by Cootie; 01-12-2013 at 04:58 PM.

Huh, I never thought this would be interesting. A bra shop? I sort of thought this was made for men to watch but since it is on Lifetime.......

I will totally check it out. I have always wanted to get my official bra size. A friend of mine too late in my life showed me how to adjust the straps of my bra. Maybe I will learn something...
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Huh, I never thought this would be interesting. A bra shop? I sort of thought this was made for men to watch but since it is on Lifetime.......

I will totally check it out. I have always wanted to get my official bra size. A friend of mine too late in my life showed me how to adjust the straps of my bra. Maybe I will learn something...
    Yeah weird, I have never gotten an official fitting either. They talked about how so many women wear the wrong size. They have a colorful employee who is somewhat outrageous. We get to watch her sell lingerie to both men and women. I am not sure what my husband would think about it but I know he's curious after I described it. Weirdly, the show reminded me Charm City Cakes. It had a similar vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Okay there are seriously way too many reality TV shows. I started to do something really weird again...I am reading books. These ladies seemreally sweet & genuine. We know what happens when sweet people meet reality tv.
    lol they become sour?
    Cootie likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that, eventually, somebody will come up with a "Bro".....a "Mansiere". Lord knows, a lot of guys really need them!

Nothing is better than a well-fitting bra. And you've got to be prepared to PAY for it. Those little toys that they sell on television, in Wal*Mart, or other places that "give" you bargains will never do! You've got to dig deep in your wallet for bra quality. "Squeamish people need not apply or shop!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I heard several years ago that most women are unwittingly wearing the wrong bra size. Around that time I walked into a Victoria's Secret and an employee offered to measure me. I was actually a bit hesitant because it seemed awkward. I went ahead with the sizing and found out that I was, indeed, wearing the wrong size. I actually just went in and got re-sized about a week ago because I have lost some weight and I could tell my bras were no longer fitting properly. I'm glad I got fitted because if I had guessed I would have been wrong!

IMO, it is hard to just guess the right size because the cup sizes change depending on the numeric measurement. For the longest time I thought a C cup was always the same size, but then discovered that the cup size on a 34C is different than the cup size on a 36C. That fact still seems counter-intuitive to me!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Nothing is better than a well-fitting bra. And you've got to be prepared to PAY for it. Those little toys that they sell on television, in Wal*Mart, or other places that "give" you bargains will never do! You've got to dig deep in your wallet for bra quality. "Squeamish people need not apply or shop!"
    I agree!! I have tried to go cheaper on bras in the past and they have NEVER measured up in quality or comfort to the more expensive ones.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 01-17-2013 at 02:08 PM.

I get fitted every two years and I gave up on WalMart bras when I hit 30. Now I only wear VS. Their bras last quite awhile if you take proper care of them and you can always find them on sale.
    cubsfan55 and jucamer like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast