+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Joe Schmo returns to Spike

FORT Fogey

Re: Joe Schmo returns to Spike

I am so glad this is over! I had to see it through because I started it. I don't finish a book I don't like but I stick with reality tv.

Those were real tears expressing humiliation and disappointment (he really wanted the job). When told he won the money he was able to pull himself out of the horror.

This is the first season I have watched. Perhaps I would have enjoyed it more had bounty hunting not been the plot. Hard to say. I also would have loved to see Chase figure it out on his own. Had he not been so attached to getting the job, I think he may have.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    1. Ralph - in character - saying that Lorenzo wasn't a real actor.
    That was funny. I wish this season had been funnier, but I don't think these are the original producers and some sensibilities just can be replicated. Like when The Office writers went to Parks and Recreation -- that show got funnier, and The Office jumped the shark.

It seemed as if Chase was devastated at first. I didn't see relief at all. But after winning the money his spirits perked up, so I hope he can roll with everything and not feel like he'd been punked.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I should clarify - I saw devastation in the first part where he lost, then relief and maybe tears of happiness after he found it was a joke.

Either way he took it well, much better than I feared quite honestly.

I do agree with the theory that these may not be the original creators of the show. Do think next time they need to choose a more realistic competition to parody. They could even parody that "13 is Real" contest if they wanted to but still keep Ralph as a host instead of having an embodied voice.

Then again "The Full Bounty" - this one's theme - could be a parody (unintentionally) of "Manhunt" - which was put into legal challenges and lawsuits that it was rigged and reshot to let the person the producers want win - as well as "Dog the Bounty Hunter."

I agree with everyone's assessments about Chase's reaction. I also think it helped having his wife as Lady Liberty for the reveal. Ralph Gorman is great and we just loved Mr. Wentworth. Or as my son says. mistah ween wurth.
    Shoepie likes this.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

Mr Wentworth was a highligt for me, absolutely. I would love to meet the person who created that!

I always assumed it was a poke at Dog the bounty hunter.

I want them to keep on coming. I love watching how Ralph remakes himself everytime.

When Chase kept saying, "What is going on?" I took it as a homage to Matt, the first one. I think he watched or was aware of the Joe Schmo shows.

Loved when he asked his wife how long she knew and she answered "an hour". At least he knew she was real.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

I was really surprised to see that this show was brought back, as the previous season of it was in 2004. I am a little late with this, as I got caught up with season 3 more recently, but I'll add some input later.
    mom2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456