+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Joe Schmo returns to Spike

FORT Fogey

Re: Joe Schmo returns to Spike

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I don't know - I will admit that the "What is going on here?" they showed in early season teasers was the one Matt (the first Schmo) said - it's his voice, the fellow had such a distinct lilt in it, but I think Chase does have it partially figured out.

Course they'd not want me - I WOULD be acting a "Schmo" them, but I can figure out Ralph Garmin a mile off. This is why it's been two years or so since the last show. People had to forget him.
    Interesting. This season is the first I have watched. Ralph Garmin is not playing a believable character. I think I would see right through this show pretty quickly. Chase has not watched much reality TV, that is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Interesting. This season is the first I have watched. Ralph Garmin is not playing a believable character. I think I would see right through this show pretty quickly. Chase has not watched much reality TV, that is clear.
    Ralph his first season was good as a Jeff Probst type character - or just typical game show host. I didn't see the second season, so I cannot say much about his portrayal there. (What I know is from what I read that season).

Here he's not as believable as he is in the past, but in fairness - most people would realize that you wouldn't be competing to become a bounty hunter. A GHOST hunter, maybe (i.e. the SyFy channel's contest to find a new "ghost hunter" for that series), but not bounty.
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.

They did have a contest for the next Ghost Hunter ... so I can see that one next.

I think Ralph does an excellent job in adapting his hosting characters to the shows. I wish they would rerun the other seasons too.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

To me Ralph was more believable then last season with the man and woman looking for love. Tonights episode made me laugh when Chase was walking and talking with his spirit animal. Looks like he is upset when he finds out the show was all fake.
    AmyKay likes this.

I wouldn't blame him for being upset - Chase seems like a nice guy and probably may feel like it was rigged for him to win and that he didn't win these challenges on his own. I hope ALL of them confess that he wasn't supposed to win this previous challenge because of stronger doors, but he just plowed through them better than some pro wrestlers.

Will say I'm glad that Lamas was back though. I still think - unless he had to be paid a lot more - it was stupid for them to have "eliminated" him the first episode. I think they wouldn't have had as many problems had they kept him in the show longer (especially over Karlee).
    AmyKay likes this.

What I wish they would have done when Lamas was acting his part of the big action movie actor, which I grant he has been, was to have had one of the actors remark that they remembered him as Tom, the jerky jock in Grease. I think it was his first movie role.

I was glad to see Lorenzo return, maybe because I've always liked his mom and dad so much.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    What I wish they would have done when Lamas was acting his part of the big action movie actor, which I grant he has been, was to have had one of the actors remark that they remembered him as Tom, the jerky jock in Grease. I think it was his first movie role.

I was glad to see Lorenzo return, maybe because I've always liked his mom and dad so much.
    That or his character in "Falcon Crest" - which Chase may not have seen but Lamas could say how he was the eye candy of millions of women and he got to kiss all these sexy women (and Ana Alicia is a beautiful woman among the others he's kissed in his time).

But I'm not surprised they put the "Renegade" connection - if Stephen J. Cannell were alive today (he died I think a couple of years ago) he'd gotten a kick out of that. Then again, knowing this show they'd probably put him in the mix as either a guest star (or Lamas' "agent" or something) and make it even funnier. SJC could act and did a pretty good job as Lamas' bane in "Renegade."

FORT Fogey

I am so glad this is going to end. I didn't enjoy it but I had to stick it out! Gun to head.

I missed the preview. We see Chase looking sad? What else?

I love this show and am sad that it ended tonight. Chase took it well...if that had been me on any Joe Schmo show I would be mad! I was hoping they would say if he really got his spirit animal to go home with. lol
    AmyKay likes this.

I think Chase had already had a feeling it was fake - at least partially, and was crying out of relief and being admittedly upset. I could see someone being mad one day - it's one reason why they space these out (the other probably being that because they use Ralph in each show he could become too easily recognized). He was a good sport and I think it speaks volumes that Ralph said what he did to Chase - that was a very genuine in his opinion about Chase.

These two points stuck out to me as being absolutely funny tonight:

1. Ralph - in character - saying that Lorenzo wasn't a real actor. Of course in real life Lamas has had at least two successful long running shows ("Falcon Crest" and "Renegade") and still does things from time to time. I AM however glad that the speedo bit was indeed fiction.

2. Seeing Taylor - Chase's wife - dress up as Lady Justice, even though she wasn't sure about being a part of it. It WAS funny to hear Chase say to her "How long have you known?" and she reply "An Hour." They did a good job with her makeup because she did look a lot like the woman who had been playing the character in the show. I figured however it was indeed Taylor in the last "council meeting" because she was having trouble with the sword and scales.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast