+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Joe Schmo returns to Spike

Re: Joe Schmo returns to Spike

If anything THIS season of the show is the first time that THEY are creating the issues that could out them. Jane Schmo worked out the thing was a fake without glaring issues, but this one with the guard REALLY should tip Chase off more than even the whole window issue.

And if the actress playing the deaf girl is not eliminated soon (even if in wrong order) they're going to definitely ruin the surprise.

@Shoepie - the reality is at the end of the show Chase (Joe Schmo) will indeed win the $100,000 and any other prizes that may have been given out in the season - even if to other contestants. The ONLY prize not real this year is the bounty hunter contract - he won't really become one.

In short - it's a practical joke yes, but it has a good ending (well unless Chase goes nuclear on them for this being fake, but I can't see that - upset yeah but not a raving mad).
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

I am getting bored. I want Chase to figure this out. He has missed some very obvious things. Why would a deaf girl be able to succeed at bounty hunting in the first place? And she made 2 huge mistakes with hearing the champage cork and responding to Chase. They covered the crew in the yard very well so he let go of that. But going into the bathroom without a guard is a huge clue.

The biggest clue is his competitors. They are nuts. The way the host (forget name) treats his wife is just too much to believe. Come on Chase. It will be much better viewing, for me, to watch him sneak around for confirmation. Hard to do with a control room but I would like to see him try.

Just drop something that would make a huge noice behind deaf girls back, or just scream at her back. So easy.
    mom2 likes this.

I'm loving how Chase has a notebook and is actually saying that he's cluing in on the cast may be nothing more than actors. He's pretty intuitive.

This also isn't the briefly confused and move on - it's becoming more and more obvious when they're using old ploys such as a parody of Fairplay's move in "Survivor" (dead grandma/dead husband for Skylar).

I'm going "guys - NO ONE has forgotten that stunt done in Pearl Islands"

I think the flaw with this season compared to the earlier ones is that this cast can't act -- or rather, they act too much. I'll bet that the actors from the other Schmos were taken from improv comedy, which trains them to think on their feet. The only one who's really good at that is Ralph Garman.
    mom2 and AmyKay like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Fogey

The actor whose husband was exposed made a huge mistake in changing her personality totally. Had she kept in character and admitted the lie it would have been more believable.

Several are over acting including Ralph. He may be the biggest offender. Chico is doing a decent job as it another guy whose name escapes me.

The scene in the pool was nuts and he tells his wife to leave? Come on Chase. You know.

Not really a whole lot to say except:

1. Karlee (the deaf girl) is finally gone - but not intentionally. It was supposed to be a NON-elimination day, but because the actress in real life claimed she could do the "buried alive" bit and freaked out, they "lost immunity" and had to plan around. There was no question she had to be eliminated or it really would've been blown this time.

2. If I were Chase I'd suspect something if I just raised my hand up and was told to eliminate someone. I understand wanting to keep it where Chase had a hand in it to try and curb his thoughts this is fake; however, he did what they didn't want and got rid of Randy (who was probably the Mike of the first season - the jerk who wins the "finals" and they say "it's all fake.")

3. That said, in regard to two - I'm glad they decided to bring Lorenzo Lamas back. He is a true actor - BUT - he is also from what I've seen pretty good at improv, which is what they need now. I would've NOT eliminated him the first round to begin with (chosen Karlee instead), because of this. At least production woke up to this little bit of stupidity and brought him back.

Well that and had Carlos just turned around and saved Randy - the jig would've been up.

I think he knows. I think he's just playing along to see what happens. It'll be interesting to see what the journal says at the end.
    Florimel and AmyKay like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2 View Post
    I think he knows. I think he's just playing along to see what happens. It'll be interesting to see what the journal says at the end.
    I'd love for it to be "I just Joe Schmo'ed the actors who were trying to make me the Joe Schmo."
    mom2 and Florimel like this.

FORT Fogey

I am not sure he knows what this actually is. He suspects things are skewed but not that he is the target fool. It is beginning to make me uncomfortable. He is going to feel humiliated to some degree.

I don't know - I will admit that the "What is going on here?" they showed in early season teasers was the one Matt (the first Schmo) said - it's his voice, the fellow had such a distinct lilt in it, but I think Chase does have it partially figured out.

Course they'd not want me - I WOULD be acting a "Schmo" them, but I can figure out Ralph Garmin a mile off. This is why it's been two years or so since the last show. People had to forget him.
    mom2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast