+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Best Funerals Ever.

Best Funerals Ever.

I am watching this with my jaws dropped. Golden Gate Funeral home gives over the top themed funerals. A Christmas theme and a BARbecue funeral complete with pigs. yes live Pigs, Barbecue sauce etc.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: Best Funerals Ever.

It wouldn't surprise me if Phaedra works this show to promote her new business. Are they on the same channels/networks?
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

no its on TLC right before Honey Boo Boo,lol. There is not much that leaves me speechless but this mess did. I can see Phaedra doing this also.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sometimes lately I think TLC means "Terminal Lobotomy Concussion" with their choices.

I like Say Yes to the Dress and will tolerate Toddlers and Tiaras (as they do have kids who show that they do it for fun and don't care if they win, and show the reality of that stuff - I've been there as a judge and hated judging and $25 wasn't nearly enough to do it).

I won't watch this - and not just because my Dad died in October. I find making a person's death - REAL death - a TV fiasco ridiculous.

But this stuff is really out of line in my opinion to show on air, and I find it disgusting that Honey Boo Boo and her family make more money in a week than I do in a year by being over the top ridiculous.

Best Funerals Ever.

I died twice watching this last night. Don't think I will continue watching.

Golden Gate Funeral Home
    Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    I died twice watching this last night. Don't think I will continue watching.
    lol I just about died when they took the ashes of that one gentlemen on all those carnival rides. I don't have a problem with people having a over the top homegoing service if that is what they want. I just find it disrepectful for it to be viewed on tv for the deceased to be mocked and laughed at. Someone posted lastweek on my FB page a photo of a guy standing up straddling his motorcycle at his funeral. smh
    jadewarlock likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am watching it now and "smh" through all of this! OMG professional mourners! Doing something called a 'tornado'! Yup definitely "smh"!
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    KAREN

yes I really was slack jawed watching the whole thing,lol. I guess people have the right to go out how they want,but really?
    momrek06 likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Golden Gate Funeral Home

lol I just about died when they took the ashes of that one gentlemen on all those carnival rides. I don't have a problem with people having a over the top homegoing service if that is what they want. I just find it disrepectful for it to be viewed on tv for the deceased to be mocked and laughed at. Someone posted lastweek on my FB page a photo of a guy standing up straddling his motorcycle at his funeral. smh
    As someone who had to cover a funeral for a newspaper assignment - and this was a very formal military one - I am very uncomfortable with this (as previously mentioned). It sadly does show how low we've stooped on reality tv in my opinion (and I wasn't too keen on the one about a bra-fitting/lingerie store elsewhere).

The ONLY good thing I can see with this is if the families get the whole funeral paid off tax free (unlikely the latter but who knows). Dad's simple funeral was $20K not including the grave and headstone (and additional $2K) and while my family is OK money wise it is a big chunk of money.

BUt I think this show needs to sink faster than the Glass House was sued by CBS for being copyright infringement...never mind CBS is basing "BB" on the UK version.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I hate TLC and the ideas of their shows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast