+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sin City Rules (TLC)

Sin City Rules (TLC)

I'm not sure if anybody already has a thread started on this one, so I apologize if they do or if I have the name or the network wrong.

Boy, this is a real trash wallow for sure! Be forewarned. Unless you have the time to waste, don't waste it here. I watched it after swearing I wouldn't, simply because I had some time to kill, not much to do and could not find a single thing on that I wanted to see or had not already seen.

Anyway, it's about these women who live in Vegas and apparently are posing as those who run the place. I highly doubt it and none of them are probably even borderline well-known. It's almost like a HW show set in Vegas, but the women are worse. Yes, worse!

There is officially (in my book, at least) a new "Trashiest Housewife on TV"...her name is Svetlana (aka Lana) and she packs a gun. She hates one of the other women, a blonde whom I believe is named Alicia, because she heard Alicia slept with married men. That's it, and it's largely based it seems upon the drama which ensues when she treats the woman like crap in public. She actually takes this group of women on an outing to the desert to shoot guns. She rolls with bodyguards, and has a sister. Both of them have straight, long black hair, wear tight black clothing most of the time and use the requisite overabundance of makeup; they also reveal gratuitous cleavage. Lana likes to eat raw meat, and presents herself as if she were very famous, well-known and talked about, though Alicia claims nobody has ever mentioned her and I don't think anybody really talks much about her except this group of women. She is nasty, mean, weird, and ugly. She calls Alicia a "Lizard" though for the life of me I don't know where she got that from or if she made it up herself as a code word for somebody she doesn't like, and last episode I saw, she claimed she was done trying to make amends and Alicia was now "banished". I don't have much to say about Alicia except she isn't quite as unlikable as Lana, but probably could have ended the drama early on. That wouldn't suit TLC's purposes though, would it?

One lady is a professional poker player with kids and a hubby who doesn't like to talk about her work and how losing affects her. The other ladies I don't recall much about except one runs a cosmetics company called Rain Cosmetics. Another woman is the daughter of the supposedly most notorious hitman to ever live in Vegas. She claims not to live the lifestyle or take part in anything "the family" does.

This is a truly guilty trash wallow, for anybody who likes that sort of thing or just can't resist the temptation to take a peek. I warn you though, I felt dirty after watching this and I am addicted to reality television.

Re: Sin City Rules (TLC)

I watched it too, the first episode anyway and found the women to be a bit crazy and over the top--perfect for this kind of show. I didnt like any of them as they are seen on every Housewife show anyway, all shallow and pumped up about themselves, all with that Morticia addams like wavy hair. It might be good for a chuckle or two because they are funny to watch.

Jennifer Harman is a fairly well known poker player. She's not a household name, but anyone who has ever watched televised poker would know who she is

Alicia is well known just in Vegas. I HATE when entertainment reporters get it in their heads that they are celebrities because they talk to celebrities.
    candor likes this.

I started watching it because of Jennifer Harmon, whom I have always liked. I love when they show her playing and we get to see some of the other ones I've seen on Poker After Dark.

I recently gave up all RH shows except Jersey, and am almost there on that one, so this show fit right in. I'm liking the characters here and this one holds my interest. No one is as trashy as the RH yet, which is good. I'm liking how the ****stirrer was outed by both Lana and Alicia, love the mob references, and the glimpses of other famous poker players.
    sparklete likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Alicia works at the same news station my son does. Vapid is the best description of all of these ladies.lol
    mom2 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Vapid is a good description; however I think I would apply the word "psycho" to Lana with no hesitation.

The poker player is the only one I find at all interesting and it's a mild interest so far. Don't really know if I'll watch again.

Did I miss a new episode? What ****-stirrer was outed by Lana and Alicia?

I like to watch these things for the psychology of it.

Lana does not like Alicia because she hears ALicia sleeps withmarried men like some specific bird that cannot make its own nest and steals other's. I found the nature info interesting. I get a little upset when I know of married people cheating on an unaware spouse. But I stay away from those people. And I hope people find the love and peace they need/deserve.

To me Alicia is a climber. She said she has had a hundred boyfriends. She likes that.

The gambler--that is the interesting one...a mind wrestler whose financial well being is engaging with chance.

The mafia daughter--took pride that her father is the killingest individual and that people are afraid of her (because she might have them killed). I would expect her to say how ashamed and sorrowful she was. I would expect her to disown his life. She could say I love my father but disown his life. She is a pig who likes the sh... she wallows in.
    Last edited by Lizard; 12-26-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    You can do it!

The mafia girl is the stirrer ... she went to both sides and filled them in on everything that was said. Jennifer (poker player) and the other brunette seemed to want to be peacemakers.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Might be destined to be another one of those housewife show addictions. Lanna is more likeable this episode. Mafia granddaughter wants people to see that her grandfather really is a killer.

I do not really see the issue about the news chick working for channel 3. I think when she works it is part time. And the pay might be so low that it does not matter. Jobs are a self esteem thing. Her job or nonjob is her business. If there were other lies or if she was actually sleeping with a married man (or had been in the past), I would stear clear of her because I would be nothing to her.
    You can do it!

The gambler having a period for a month. I think I would have gotten a same dayappojntment by week three. Hope she is all right.

I do like that mobgranddaughter stood up for the Tv lady.

Lane's monkey is cute.
    Rain in Vegas?
    Paris buffet--one of the best
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast