+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By anarchygirl
  • 3 Post By Debb70
  • 1 Post By lilymax

Thread: My Three Wives

My Three Wives

Premiers tonight on TLC. 10pm.

Meet the Dargers: 'My Three Wives': Another polygamist family gets a show on TLC - Jacksonville Celebrity Headlines | Examiner.com

"Joe Darger married his wife, Alina and the very same day also married Alina's cousin, Vicki. Joe's third wife is Vicki's twin sister, Val.
    Take a step inside the original "Big Love" and meet the polygamist family that started it all."
    KAREN

Re: My Three Wives

not surprised since we just saw them on sister wives.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fan

I couldn't believe that intense workout they were doing. I think the ladies might be very competitive. I enjoyed this show so much more than Sister Wives.

I only caught a few minutes of this show, but may check it out if it's On Demand.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I enjoyed the show very much too, and wouldn't mind if TLC made a series out of the Dargers' lives. Very interesting dynamic between the adults in their family --- and I was also very intrigued by the fellow who married the oldest daughter. He seems like a pretty hard nut to crack. It's interesting how the Kody Browns (for example) are all worried about what would happen if their children left polygamy or married someone LESS religious than they are --- but the one thing they never address was the one thing that happend to the Dargers --- the issue of what happens when a child marries someone who is MORE religious and committed to a much STRICTER sect of Mormanism. Apparently, that situation is also very problematic and difficult to deal with and live with, on a daily basis. I really wonder how the daughter is going to adjust to living in a Warren Jeffs 'type' of community where she'll have to follow all of the incredibly strict rules of the cult leader --- just like we've all now seen in the shows about those types of polygamous Morman communities.

I agree! If you saw the latest episode of Sister Wives (the one where they all went camping), it seemed to me that Cody Brown was trying to assert leadership over his 4 wives and children. Can anybody say "FINALLY!" I can't blame the guy, with all those people someone should be in charge. However, I found the Darger family intriging. It's apparent that Joe is the head of his large household and is respected greatly by his wives and children. They all live together in one house, admittedly giving up certain things for the benefit of the family. Where the Dargers are organized and seem to have it figured out, the Browns, by comparison, seem to be struggling with organization and flit from one business scheme to the next. Don't get me wrong, I love "Sister Wives" but I would also like to see more about the Darger family as well.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Ok so I just finally watched. With the holiday I was too busy to watch last week.

The daughter, Amanda … what is the back story there??? Her BF goes and posts on FB that they are engaged while the parents have no clue and find it out there??? Then all this crap about 3 weeks to get married and she is 19yo. Ya, something is off with that whole situation. The BF seemed a bit creepy to me. The older children do not seem close like the Brown older kiddos do. Hmm. Anyway, the daughter and BF then tell them they are getting married at some place called Centennial Park and that none of the family would be allowed to attend…..whatttt? Then they switched it up. Then the family JUMPS into action with just 3 weeks to make this the best wedding for their daughter.

I do NOT think she is Joe's daughter. Valerie Darger has only been married to Joe for 12 years. Amanda is 19yo.

Found this article.

Polygamist father with three wives on heartache over son, 21, who only wants to be with one woman | Mail Online
    KAREN

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Ok so I just finally watched. With the holiday I was too busy to watch last week.

The daughter, Amanda … what is the back story there??? Her BF goes and posts on FB that they are engaged while the parents have no clue and find it out there??? Then all this crap about 3 weeks to get married and she is 19yo. Ya, something is off with that whole situation. The BF seemed a bit creepy to me. The older children do not seem close like the Brown older kiddos do. Hmm. Anyway, the daughter and BF then tell them they are getting married at some place called Centennial Park and that none of the family would be allowed to attend…..whatttt? Then they switched it up. Then the family JUMPS into action with just 3 weeks to make this the best wedding for their daughter.

I do NOT think she is Joe's daughter. Valerie Darger has only been married to Joe for 12 years. Amanda is 19yo.

Found this article.

Polygamist father with three wives on heartache over son, 21, who only wants to be with one woman | Mail Online
    Totally agree, and the article was very informative. It's interesting to compare the Browns and the Dargers. To me, I kind of like the haphazardness of the Brown family - and I find the Dargers to be a little off-putting, but I can't quite figure out why. Of course we don't 'know' them very well yet - but there's something about Joe Darger that is creepy. And you're right, momrek, the older kids of the Brown family seem a lot closer and a lot more normal than the kids of the Darger family.

I think it's a part of reality tv that you have to have a super unrealistic deadline to get something done in order to make it interesting. Like prepare for the wedding, finish the house, save the farm, etc. lol You only have a few hours left and if you fail, it's a disaster! lol It's so old.
    candor, PIMguy and Imperfect1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think it's a part of reality tv that you have to have a super unrealistic deadline to get something done in order to make it interesting. Like prepare for the wedding, finish the house, save the farm, etc. lol You only have a few hours left and if you fail, it's a disaster! lol It's so old.
    I totally agree with you on this. I think the networks have a lot to do with all of these time crunches. It does get old, and it's ridiculous. It certainly seems anything but "real".
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread