+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Houstons: On Our Own

The Houstons: On Our Own

About The Houstons: On Our Own - myLifetime.com

Premiers Wednesday, October 24, 9pm on Lifetime.

Whitney Houston’s sudden passing left behind a major void felt not only by the world, but also by those who loved her most: her beloved family. Lifetime’s all-new docuseries The Houstons: On Our Own will chronicle those closest to the pop music icon, including her daughter Bobbi Kristina (Krissy); Pat Houston, Whitney’s sister-in-law and manager; Pat’s daughter Rayah; Whitney’s brother Gary; mother, Grammy® Award-winning singer Cissy Houston, and family friend Nick Gordon, as they try and pick up the pieces after her untimely death.

Throughout the 14 episode half-hour series, viewers will see the Houston Family as they come together to deal with the loss of Whitney and focus on Krissy, the 19 year-old daughter of Bobby Brown and Whitney, and the only heir to her mother’s estate. "The Houstons: On Our Own" will follow Pat Houston, Krissy’s aunt, guardian, manager and executor of Whitney’s estate, as she tries her best to keep this large family together as they help Krissy deal with the loss of her mother in a healthy way and grow into a talented and beautiful young woman.
    KAREN

Re: The Houstons: On Our Own

This will be big pass for me. I don't think they are that interesting & I don't need to see how they deal with their loss.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Did anyone watch?

My thoughts .... Bobbi Christina (19yo) is on something. She was slurring her words through both shows. Oh my. And then she kept grabbing for the wine at her Aunt Pat's house. (I think she even ordered a drink at that meal they had in NYC.)

Boy I think looks more like her Aunt Pat than she does Whitney!

Not sure just yet what I think of the show.
    AmyKay likes this.
    KAREN

I watched. I agree, she was slurring her words something terrible at the dinner where she kept trying to steal the bottle. Im a little disappointed her uncle didnt say more specifically something about the drinking to her boyfriend, since he is over drinking age.

I can see both sides of the coin about the boyfriend/"adopted" brother. He was never actually adopted, but like the elders of the fam said, to them he is her brother. On the other hand, Krissy apparently saw him as just a friend and not a brother.

Its got to be such a struggle, Krissy is not technically a child anymore, and with her mothers death I can see the aunt not wanting to punish her too much for fear of pushing her away. I think back to when my sister was Krissys age (I didnt have a boyfriend at that age) and she was the same way, spending every waking minute with her bf, not spending much time with the family, took her forever to find a job because she was so involved with him. Things changed once she got preggers and she realized she would need her family too. hopefully its just a phase.

Cant get over how much Krissy looks like BOTH parents...her eyes are like her mothers for sure, nose/mouth like her dad.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow! That was something else. Bobbi Kris is at a hard age (she's grown, but she's not) and...to have just lost her mother...it is doubly bad. Why isn't she going to college? She needs to; that would help give her some structure that she so obviously needs but, then again, her ability to focus is probably really affected at this time. She'll be dealing with the loss of her mother for many, many, many more years to come.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I personally wish they'd left the Houston family at peace - even if it's still dysfunctional. I just find profiting from someone's demise - and this is to a point - wrong.

That said, in a couple of cases where drinking is a huge issue, maybe it'll wake up some younger folks' minds as to the dangers of drinking too much and the like.

i didn't watch yet, but i think it's pretty common knowledge that bk shares her mother's fondness for cocaine . . .

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Did anyone watch?

My thoughts .... Bobbi Christina (19yo) is on something. She was slurring her words through both shows. Oh my. And then she kept grabbing for the wine at her Aunt Pat's house. (I think she even ordered a drink at that meal they had in NYC.)

Boy I think looks more like her Aunt Pat than she does Whitney!

Not sure just yet what I think of the show.

I watched a whole 2 minutes of the show. Long enough to see that BC is definitely on drugs/alcohol. Sad, she's headed down that same road that Whitney and Bobby took...if she makes it to 25, it'll surprise me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, they made it to 25 and beyond so, to me, that would be expected.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast