+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Ink Master

Ink Master

I couldn't find a thread for Ink Master. Is anyone watching this show?

I wonder what happens to the messed up tattoos? I'm talking the majorly messed up ones like misspellings, two left feet, messed up flags...?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Ink Master

I love this show! Thanks for starting a thread for it!

It was interesting when they were critiquing the tattoos and talked about one being the hardest to fix. It made me think that maybe the judges/expert tattooers go in and fix them after the show.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Did you see that you can vote for your favorite tattoo here:
    Ink Master Voting | Ink Master | Tattoo Competition Reality Show | Skin the Game | Spike
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I love this show! Thanks for starting a thread for it!

It was interesting when they were critiquing the tattoos and talked about one being the hardest to fix. It made me think that maybe the jud1ges/expert tattooers go in and fix them after the show.
    God I hope so!
    maude~flanders likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I stumbled up on this show last season. I love it, too!

I remember Nunez from "Miami Ink", and of course I know who Dave is. I remember seeing/hearing a LOT about Oliver. Maybe on Miami and LA Ink?

I'm wondering if there's always going to be some jerk/loudmouth on this show that blows a lot of smoke, but can't back it up. Last season, it was that SOB Al Fliction. He actually rolled in and said to the women (when they first came in to their living space): "Which one-a you women's gonna fix my breakfast in the morning?" Now, this season, there's this Kay Kutta jerk. I could not BELIEVE, when Chris called him out about there being almost NO outlining on that skull/crown tat he did, he actually tried to justify why he DIDN'T do outlining. I had to laugh when he said: "I wanted to put something out there with big, swinging balls!" I mean, I'm no artist, but to me, outlining only enhances and intensifies a piece, so why WOULDN'T you do proper outlining to complete a proper tattoo? How is a tattoo going to rock and resonate when there's no clear, sharp lines in what you've done? ESPECIALLY when those lines are CLEARLY called for?

And, what was her name? Cee Jay? The one who misspelled "Corinthians"? Bless her heart, she was just nothing more than a moving trainwreck from the word "Go!"

maude, I caught it when they were talking about Cee Jay's "Corinthians" being hardest to fix, too. And yeah, I was glad to hear that. I mean, these people are allowing themselves to be marked for life for this show. And you've GOT to figure that somewhere, someTIME, there's going to be screwups. To me, I've never thought that fact meant that those poor "human canvases" should have to spend the rest of their lives with screwed-up artwork, though. This is a great opportunity for them to get --- for FREE --- what would most likely be really expensive artwork. But MESSED-UP, expensive, PERMANENT artwork?

Nah. Not feeling that.

I haven't watched last night's show, yet, but I will.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I thought Cee Jay's comment, "That's an easy fix. I fix stuff all day long" was odd. Maybe you could work on not MESSING STUFF UP all day long, and then you wouldn't have to fix it.

AWLAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS check out your tattoo artist's work before letting anyone go near you with a needle!
    ness and maude~flanders like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I thought Cee Jay's comment, "That's an easy fix. I fix stuff all day long" was odd. Maybe you could work on not MESSING STUFF UP all day long, and then you wouldn't have to fix it.

AWLAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS check out your tattoo artist's work before letting anyone go near you with a needle!
    AZ . . .

I HAD to howl when you said that!

AIN'T THAT THE LIVIN' TRUTH???

I am SERIOUSLY starting to wonder . . .

On some of these shows, where these people are supposed to be THE BEST . . .

WHAT PLANET DID THEY FIND THEM ON?????

OMG!!

LOL!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I too LOVE this show. I am fascinated by tattoos and can't imagine anyone signing up to be a 'human canvas'. What strikes me is how these tattoos hurt. I never really thought about it since everyone seems to have one. But OUCH!

I can't wait until Kay gets kicked off. He is so annoying. I was really sad to see TJ leave because he was my favorite. I hope they find a solution to his back pain.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I used to have a shirt from psycho tattoo that said "*expletive* yeah it hurts." I really wnat to catch this show because I heard about it on the radio yesterday morning I believe. Really interesting to hear Nunez interview about his time on Miami Ink (or which ever Ink he was on) and then about his ideas about tattoos and tattooing in general.

I wouldn't mind doing this if the show had known individuals on it. Haven't looked to see who the artists are at this point. I used to let my tattoo artist use me as a practice dummy sometimes. My artist fixed whatever she messed up but you have to be able to detach a little emotionally from perfection then and be ready to come back for more pain.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

beerbelly - I have a tattoo on my upper arm. It did not hurt. My understanding is that the closer they are tatting to bones, the more it hurts. Feet and the rib area are reportedly painful!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast