+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Ink Master

Re: Ink Master

I was sorry to see Kyle go. Even though his concept was murky on the 6 hour tatoo, at least it was drawn well. Unlike Tatoo Baby who has shown many times that she cannot draw precisely. Or Jimi who only does one style well. The only one deserving of final three was the guy who drew the tiger--that was a piece of art!

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I was sorry to see Kyle go. Even though his concept was murky on the 6 hour tatoo, at least it was drawn well. Unlike Tatoo Baby who has shown many times that she cannot draw precisely. Or Jimi who only does one style well. The only one deserving of final three was the guy who drew the tiger--that was a piece of art!
    I like Katherine (Tatu Baby), but honestly what saved her was the canvas choice tattoo. THAT is what she's capable of and yet she has let the game get into her head. While looking at that tattoo I DO agree with her it's a bit high detail for a three hour challenge when all four are working on the same canvas, which does lead to wonky line work, she should've known that the judges wouldn't take that as an excuse. And given the other three tattoos done as far as judge choice... they got comparatively simpler outlines (even for a B&W one).

As far as Katherine advancing, she did simply because I think they were afraid if she was eliminated again in final four for a better overall pair of tattoos compared to Kyle, she'd be brought back a third time if she was popular enough. There were quite a few this season that really truly stunk, and she'd been one of maybe three I can see having the shot to come back if that happened again.

The three are honestly a toss up to whom wins, but I'd prefer to not have it be Jime as they have already had an artist who did ONE style well win this way. That was Shawn who as I mentioned earlier did ONE style well (B&W) all season (even during the color challenge, where he added small dots of color to an overall B&W tattoo to get a pass), then pulls out all the stops and does one color tattoo and wins. Sure his color was phenomenal, but honestly he skirted by all season.

I will say however even if he does win he will have earned his win a whole lot more than Shawn - his tattoos have been overall better.

Something tells me that if they want a certain person to win, they will not go by the viewer's picks to factor in the decision. Out of the three I've seen, Katherine has the fewest "viewer's choice" I think then Jime then the other finalist.

FORT Fanatic

Is the finale live? I have no idea. I feel like they didn't promote it being live enough

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Is the finale live? I have no idea. I feel like they didn't promote it being live enough
    Yes, it is. They're also going to do a live challenge but the top two eliminate the contestants voted on by us getting a challenge, with the winner getting to come back next season. It is a two hour finale.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Yes, it is. They're also going to do a live challenge but the top two eliminate the contestants voted on by us getting a challenge, with the winner getting to come back next season. It is a two hour finale.
    I was being sarcastic. They said it every time. It was annoying as hell.
    Id like to hear that one of the judges was sleeping with Tatu Baby. Then I would understand how she has made it as far as she has this season.
    cablejockey and babymay like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Well, Oliver used to be married to Kat Von D. Tatu Baby would definitely be a step up!
    beerbelly and NorwIndian like this.

I'm glad Tatu Baby made it to the LIVE finale.
    I've always liked her and her work. It just seems like her nerves get the best of her and then she starts second guessing herself. I think this is Jime's, I think he'll take this one.
    At the start of the season, I would have picked Craig. I thought he was very talented, I was surprised when they sent him home.

I've got 7 tattoos and have just designed my 8th and final one. I wanted a portrait of my late Border Collie but it's so hard to find a good portrait artist and they are really expensive. My design is his paw print inside of angel wings and some background that I drew.
    I know it sounds silly unless you're a dog lover.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

I don't think it's silly, NorwIndian. I'm having a memorial tattoo done for my dog tomorrow. A paw print with a heart as the base, with her name in script . . . on my ankle. And I'm OLD!
    NorwIndian likes this.

I think a lot of Tatu Baby's problems is that she has been in a pressure cooker this second season since the judges said they'd judge her more harshly this second go-around because she had been there before.

To me, it's almost like Mondo from "Project Runway" - I felt his first season designs were wonderful (as I did Tatu's - I STILL remember the detail in the Yoda tattoo), but his second season, they were subpar and he had SERIOUS doubts about himself.

I think that both - in Mondo's case has - improved out of the pressure cooker, but I do think that it is a HUGE factor in her tattooing.

All that said, I maintain she was named into the final three to ensure that she didn't get a third chance to be in the show.

I was chatting with my tattoo artist while getting a new tat yesterday, specifically sharing the comment here about Tatu Baby must be sleeping with one of the judges. I then told him my comment about "Well, Oliver used to be married to Kat Von D, so Tatu Baby would be a step up." He really cracked up, and thoroughly agreed. He met Kat many years ago when she was first starting out, and was blown away by her talent and what a nice girl she was. Then he met her again a couple of years ago, and said that she was NOT a nice person any more, and that her TV "fame" really ruined her. He said when he went into High Voltage (her shop in L.A.), there was hardly anyone in there, and she was flipping though a magazine and was - to put it mildly - rude when he dared to speak to her. And Bryan is a super-nice person who was not saying anything that would cause a rude response from anyone.

I think I'll stay un-famous. Fame doesn't seem to bring out the best in a lot of people.

+ Reply to Thread