+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Ink Master

Re: Ink Master

^ Just watched this week and you could be on to something...Jime or Jimmy or whatever did do a fairly well-praised portrait. I really did not agree with the winner...and that it was announced before any deliberation. Thought Jason's was way better than some of the others, especially Kyle's.

Most of the portraits last night were not good. Someone's mother was about to cry when the other canvasses remarked how old it made her look! I notice a lot of the time, the tatooees have these ideas about what they want the tatoo to look like--as is their very right--and the tatooers look upset and point out all the reasons why they can't do it that way! I admire the woman who just up and left because she didnt like the attitude of her tatooer.
    The guy who went home last night, Red Beard(sorry but I can't remember half their names) looked shocked. I missed the critique on his tatoo and why they deemed his the worst one last night.
    beerbelly likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Jason was annoying. He had a serious inferiority complex. He was nowhere near the skill of the top three.

I still think there must be better tattoo artists out there. Few were memorable unlike last season. And the eyelid challenge? Grossed me out!! No me gusta!
    cablejockey likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    ^ Just watched this week and you could be on to something...Jime or Jimmy or whatever did do a fairly well-praised portrait. I really did not agree with the winner...and that it was announced before any deliberation. Thought Jason's was way better than some of the others, especially Kyle's.
    It's the stupid spelling - Jime. Not saying the person is that, but I really think the spelling of some names are a bit lazy nowadays.

As far at Tatu Baby's win... I have to say it was close with the runner-up's. I think the judges gave her the win so she'd boost up her confidence and hopefully become the first female winner of the series. She honestly should've been in the final three last season, and that's why she won by a landslide - she'd beaten Scott by miles.

I'm not excusing some of the attitude nor some of her tattoos this season, but I do think that some of last season in particular was sheer baloney in their decisions.

The eyelid challenge was just plain dangerous and stupid
    cablejockey and jadewarlock like this.

Agreed. Especially with the time frame they were given. I don't like Josh, but I agreed with him in this case.

Speaking of Josh, does he remind anyone else of Dane Cook? It drives me crazy because I'm not a Dane Cook fan (understatement - I think he's a douchebag). Of course, I don't really like Josh either, so I guess it works out.

I cheered for Tatu Baby. She might not (probably won't) win the whole thing, but I loved that she beat Josh in that challenge.
    wannasee likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I do rather like Josh, mostly because everyone else in there hates him! Couldn't believe eyelids were being tattoed! Especially by nervous anxious people on a tv show!

I agree on the eyelids, but these folks I'm sure are asked if that is where they want the tattoo so they know what they are getting themselves into. And yes, I do understand Josh's reasoning, but when he had a canvas with obvious face markings, he should've known that the guy already knew the pain of doing this tattoo.

Well, I was not overwhelmed by these tattoos but am okay with who made it to the final 3. Looking forward to the finale and dreaming of some really amazing, 35-hour (!) tattoos!

+ Reply to Thread