+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: Ink Master

Re: Ink Master

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    These tattoos have been god awful. I know nothing about tattoo but I don't get how a halfway decent artist keeps messing up anatomy of these things. Like when a hand or a shoulder or body is messed up. They have time to draw and look these things over for hours. Don't they notice that?

Another thing I don't get is why when a person asks for a tattoo and the artist (Joshua) talks them out of it bc it's too difficult for him is he not penalized. How are you an "ink master" when u can't even give people what they want
    I liked the Celtic ones, but yeah, most have not been as good as they could've been.

And yeah, the Asian ones were really bad. This is where you can see exhaustion factoring in when they mess up anatomy 101.

Tatu's girl was pretty but the lion looks like a stuffed toy. I can see why they bashed her this go - her one last season was really nice in comparison.

Jackie's the back looks like it has three parts.

The rest were bad in the small parts that I didn't even bother looking at the full.

I honestly think that Tatu Baby is just really psyching herself out. With one or two exceptions (and even here barely) this is honestly her season to win, and she's frittering it.

And as far as talking them out - apparently it's within boundaries. I do think it should be penalized as much as they did the one guy who's canvas walked (judge on previous tattoo/challenge), but we're not the judges.

Wow...am I correct in thinking I am not alone in being a bit...underwhelmed...by this season? Not sure what it is, there are some good artists, and really, I could see getting work from any of them, for certain things. I always wondered if the time constraints were a very good idea when it is something that is on a person's body for life...Long story, but I let a fairly significant artist "skate" on the 4th design he did on me (no questioning, totally at his judgment) and it's the one of very many I sort of regret. I can't imagine going blind into this show and winding up with something hideous.

That said, I LOVE Tommy's "Tattoo Nightmares" show! I guess they could all go to him, Big Gus and Jasmine. :-)

Tatu Baby could pull this off, she needs to get her focus back and perform! She's awesome, that's why she's back. I'm still good with Joey and there are a couple others I hope to see do better.

There are many designers on this show whom I've felt if they'd use their artwork in T-shirts and the like such as what Ed Hardy did, they may actually end up making MORE money than this prize is worth.

The first season had the Japanese tattoo artist who was runner-up whom I felt could go that route. There are a lot more folks who'd be willing to dish out that money for a tattoo that they could wear off and on instead of permanently.

I haven't seen much of the show itself since "FaceOff" has returned, but based on what I've seen of this week's tattoos, some of them really don't understand pinup girls. I also fear that we may see Tatu Baby be eliminated from the contest. The proportions are right for a pinup tattoo, but the face is a bit wonky. There are a couple whom I feel are a bit worse, but who knows with this bunch?
    wannasee likes this.

Well reading up on it, I was wrong on who was eliminated. That said, I am surprised that Tatu Baby would consider quitting. We the fans voted her in because we know she should've been in the final three and most likely won over the eventual winner (and note NEITHER winner has made much of a splash if at all since the show).

It DEFINITELY shows that the stresses of this show - especially as the results are permanent - can affect a person. Hopefully she can turn it around... especially as I'd not like to see another man win this series.

Just watched and agree w/your musings. I don't go much for contestants who "cry wolf," but get your thoughts on Tatu Baby and hope she channels all that angst into art. I was more intrigued by last season's artists being the canvasses! (And yes, I think I misspelled that, but in retrospect...I think the extra "s" is appropriate!) Sarah has...not mellowed out any, huh?

As far as anyone making it after the show, I've only heard anything about Tommy Helm, doing, "Tattoo Nightmares." I remember Shane, but not sure what he's up to. Then there's Steve...

Sarah did have many issues, but she was an overall good tattoo artist. My favorite of hers was the Japanese tattoo, which was a little dark but at least very detailed. I DO feel she was robbed over Steve. (The third place guy really wasn't that good - and I honestly don't forgive him for putting such a horrible tattoo on the canvas. Yes, he could do anything but I really think he did that to spite the woman).

I personally didn't like either Shane (who did primarily black tattoos until the finale, knowing doing all color would schmooze the judges into letting him win) or Steve, but I will say at least Shane COULD tattoo. If I were to get a tattoo from one of the winners, it'd be Shane.

I'm rootin' for Tatu Baby. Like jade, since FaceOff's back, I've been behind with Ink Master.

But, I'm still pulling for her. I KNOW she's got it in her.

I only hope and pray that Joshua's number is up soon.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Saw the results of last night's episode (DC Comic tattoos) and three points:

1. Tatu Baby is back - she had a very good and overall clean Joker. I don't know the judge's comments on it though, but I felt it should've been a top look (based on the story I read she was probably deemed "safe," but fair given she threatened to quit). It's not "Yoda" quality safe, but pretty close.

2. The winning look done by Joey does indeed look like the Catwoman they used from I think Arkham City as played/cosplayed by Yaya Han (though admittedly a bit more tame than the pinup girl - covered but still pinup - look I've seen of the photos). It was worthy of the win.

3. The bottom elimination look - Jackie... seriously, how can you NOT do your research on a character? Jackie put the scars on the WRONG side of Two-Face's face. It was also a bad tattoo.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

The guy who did the Catwoman tatoo was my favorite last night. I kind of feel bad for the guy with the tatoo on his throat whose house got possessed, I am not liking the Baby who is doing a lot of crying and name calling this season and I really dont like Jimmy--the guy who does every tatoo into new school style!

I noticed that with her too - and I think it's a bunch of insecurities PLUS the pressure added by the judges saying they WERE going to expect more given what she did last season that have made her sour a bit. And with the rest of this cast... well... even I with a tremendous amount of patience even toward raging egomaniacs (as I can put them in their place with actions) would have trouble keeping my tongue on assessments of them.

As far as Jime (I hate that spelling)... you're right, he does all in old school style. I wonder if he's hoping for a final three spot so he can pull a Shawn (season one winner) and suddenly his last canvas do everything EXCEPT new school and win because he did something different and "Stun the judges with his versatility."

To better explain - Shawn did black and white, even during the COLOR challenge, and yet he goes on to win simply because he did a COLOR tattoo on the final canvas. A good one yes, but when he should've been eliminated a few times for NOT following directions... I called foul.

That said, I do think Tatu is still in there because they're seriously trying to get a female winner in this series - though really the only two good ones are here and last year's finalist Sarah.

+ Reply to Thread