+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Ink Master

Re: Ink Master

Okay, so I couldn't stand not seeing everyone's comments on here, even though Hulu is just tonight giving me the portrait episode. I don't mind being spoiled, I enjoy the show but really, none of this group has really impressed me too much. I do find it funny in this episode, they made a point to say the guest judge got his first tattoo just before his 30th birthday. Um...how old is Jamie, who they made such a big deal about not having any tattoos and let go, despite his wolf being overall better than Sarah's faux-cover-up (IMO)?

Well, IT'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like Josh (?) is gonna follow Al Fliction and Kay Kutta as Official SOB in Residence.

Frankly, he can't get voted off FAST ENOUGH, for me. He COULD take a lesson or two (or three) from Tatu Baby about how one keeps one's mouth shut and lets their machine do their talking FOR them.

And SPEAKING of Tatu Baby . . .

LOVE HER, I do. ROOTING FOR HER, I am. But she needs to get her crap together, and FAST. I'm still SMH trying to figure out HOW she could've looked at the drawing of her gypsy and NOT seen that that top finger was way, WAY off the charts, in terms of anatomy. Frankly, had the REST of her tat not been up to --- and BEYOND --- speed, I think she would've ended up perhaps next to, or IN, the bottom.

And that finger was so off the chain wonked-up, she would've DESERVED to have been there.

Other than that, I'm really liking how she's handling herself in the house and out of it in terms of just keeping her trap SHUT, for the most part, and observing the goings-on. I particularly liked how she handled it when it was pointed out to her in judges' critiques that she screwed the pooch with that weirdly-positioned finger on the hand of her gypsy. She didn't try to explain it away, didn't try to make excuses for how and why it ended up like it did. All IR her saying about it was something to the effect of: "Now that you've pointed it out to me, I can SEE what it is that you're talking about." She OWNED her screwup and took her lumps for it.

And ALSO wound up winning the Elim Challenge.

Baby: You've been put on NOTICE . . .

GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR REAR AND LOOK AT YOUR DRAWING BEFORE YOU PICK UP A NEEDLE!

I agree with Chris that she should've KNOWN better about doing something like that from LAST season.

Maybe the human canvasses deliberating on the bottom tat(s) will grow on me. We'll see.

And the guy who ADMITTED DURING CRITS THAT HE ONLY HAD ONE TAT MACHINE WITH HIM TO WORK WITH?

WHAT A MORON!

He's ANOTHER one that, hopefully, will be on his way out the door soon.
    beerbelly and wannasee like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Found it by accident, was kinda wondering when it would be back. Could not agree with you more about Josh...had to look up his name but yeah, did not care for his style. I like Tatu Baby but really thought that flub with the hand would knock her out of the winning position. I mean, they harped and harped on hands last season. I guess I don't have the technical knowledge, because I liked some of the ones the judges hammered. To be fair, Dave Navarro liked that lion, and I did, too, but especially Chris was all over it. I will agree that baboon was hideous, much as I wanted to see the young kid make it further. It'll take a bit to get a feel for the other artists, I did kinda like the blonde lady...Ally? Can't remember, now. Not so much the bald, southern gal...please don't cry at everything!

What helped Tatu Baby was she owned up to her mistake (which is what these guys want), and fortunately she does learn from her mistakes. I maintain she wasn't in the final three last go because they wanted Scott to win (and I still call foul on it).
    wannasee likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Is it just me or do these artists seem terrible compared to the previous season? There's like one or two standouts and the rest are mediocre.

Mystical Mike was a joke and there only for TV. I almost thought they would keep him around for the ratings factor.

Maddie also stinks and her emotions are just all over the place.

I agree! It seems they really had to scrape to find these competitors. Maddie really shouldn't tear up and cry when criticized--there's no crying in tatooing! I always find myself feeling sorry for the 'canvasses'. What do they do with a really bad tatoo that they hate? Or do they sign away all rights to their skin for 'free' ink? At least they get to vote on the worst one.

I AGREE Giggity and cablejockey.

Last week, even though I thought Josh was the ONLY real stand-out SOB, THIS week, Mystical Mike was neck-and-neck with him and ACTUALLY EDGED HIM OUT!

I agree that MM was a joke and just there for TV.

Getting told to close up shop COULDN'T'VE happened to a more deserving a$$hole.

And frankly, I wanted his behind gone LAST week, but I'm no fool; I'll take and can live with a week delay.

Maddie?

Frankly, I don't see her making it too much farther. I agree with Chris that she's outclassed, and the crying has gotten on my LAST good nerve.

Baby, OTOH, is holding it in the road pretty steadily. GOOD FOR HER!!!!!!!!!!

For me, it's a tossup between who it is that I want out of the door next: Josh, or Maddie.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fanatic

Thank god maddie left. She was terrible. She was in the bottom of every tattoo and did not deserve to be there one bit.

That was complete BS to kick off Danger. That woman had no intention of getting a tattoo and was only there to be on TV. She reminded me of Omarosa from The Apprentice. Just a low class person who creates drama for TV. If you search #CanvasNatalie on twitter there are some really funny comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Thank god maddie left. She was terrible. She was in the bottom of every tattoo and did not deserve to be there one bit.

That was complete BS to kick off Danger. That woman had no intention of getting a tattoo and was only there to be on TV. She reminded me of Omarosa from The Apprentice. Just a low class person who creates drama for TV. If you search #CanvasNatalie on twitter there are some really funny comments.
    I agree to a point on Danger - the woman knew she was only making things worse, and was a primadonna.

That said - I have to give the judges this much: He could've done a tattoo on himself if he thought he was all that and a bag of chips. He balked which is his right, but they've never said these tattoos had to be gigantic. It also would've given the term "Phoenix" a new name for him - he was in the ashes when the woman walked out on him and he could've saved himself by drawing one.

Maddie was pissed off obviously that Tatu Baby stayed and she didn't. No, Tatu didn't complete her tattoo garter belt, but it WAS better designed and tattooed. She'd been safe had she just done lines around the rest of the way.

That said, her not completing a tattoo and the judges knowing what Tatu Baby is capable of has put her on their watch list now, so she has to really work hard to stay in the game now. Her Phoenix was absolutely stunning and she'd probably won had they done a best tattoo of the week. In fact, it was a nice "in your face" to the contestants that she got the oldest canvas and not only produced that quality of a tattoo, her canvas was the least complaining of the lot (if she complained at all).

FORT Fanatic

Ink Master

These tattoos have been god awful. I know nothing about tattoo but I don't get how a halfway decent artist keeps messing up anatomy of these things. Like when a hand or a shoulder or body is messed up. They have time to draw and look these things over for hours. Don't they notice that?

Another thing I don't get is why when a person asks for a tattoo and the artist (Joshua) talks them out of it bc it's too difficult for him is he not penalized. How are you an "ink master" when u can't even give people what they want

+ Reply to Thread