+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree132Likes

Thread: Ink Master

Re: Ink Master

They obviously are keeping up on what thier audience is thinking, with telling Sara about the crazy comments so many had about her and getting her to address them. I am surprised they didnt let more of the booted off contestants have more to say! They even brought on complaining canvasses!
    Did like either of the finalists, so it didnt matter to me who won. Entertaining season over all and I will be watching the third one too.

I felt the complaining canvasses would've been OK ... IF they had at least one who really loved the tattoo as well (i.e. Sarah's portrait one, the Tatu's Yoda one - still stunning to me).

Most of the booted contestants probably were ones who earned the departure and didn't have fans complain. Tatu's obviously was a complaint to many - 75 percent should show Dave (more so than the other two) they have a vote of NO CONFIDENCE from the fans after letting two douches who do NOT adhere to the spirit of their competition win (doing anything and everything). I think it's obvious to everyone she should've won, which leads to the question of are they ever going to let a woman win or is this going to be sexist (especially looking at Sebastian's tattoo at F4 and knowing it was poor on ALL levels - I can sketch better than that, and I am not a good artist)?

I felt the same with Jamie's - as I mention Ed Hardy designs in clothing and such are just as popular even though he's retired.

BTW, I will say I agree with the judges that Tatu Baby looked lovely as did Sarah. The rest just looked like they came in from the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Most of the booted contestants probably were ones who earned the departure and didn't have fans complain. Tatu's obviously was a complaint to many - 75 percent should show Dave (more so than the other two) they have a vote of NO CONFIDENCE from the fans after letting two douches who do NOT adhere to the spirit of their competition win (doing anything and everything).
    Here I'm referring to how many people voted for her to have a second chance - I haven't seen a percentage this high on any other show.

Oh, and it may be just me but the whole "live" show felt stilted if not flat out scripted.

As far as the final three tattoos - I think all three finalists last year did better 6&12-hour tattoos myself. I hated Sebastian's 24-hour tattoo: While yes the woman agreed to have anything done on her - there IS a bit of decorum needed. He could've done something more gender neutral instead of flat out disgusting (and overall bad - I was glad he was ousted first).

FORT Fanatic

Ink Master

Don't get the hate for Steve. He went on the show to win, not to make friends or be a like able guy. He was constantly one of the top guys and when his tattoos were on, they were far and away better then anyone's. His final tattoo blew away the others. Sebastian's was horrid. Why would you put that on a woman's? Sarah's just didn't look right.

Also for such a bad dude, he was the only one wearing a ribbon for the people of Newtown. Given he's from CT but Groton is a far way from Newtown.

Up to the point where Tatu Baby got voted in for Season 3, I think she got screwed.

Nothing personal against Sebastian, but I honestly think hers was better than his, overall.

I'm GLAD Tatu Baby'll be back next Season, and I'll DEFINITELY be watching.

Re Dave cutting Mark off when he was going to offer to clear up the mess he made of that tattoo?

Personally, I think Dave was just doing what he was being paid to do, which was to be a hired gun for Spike and present Tommy from Season 1 and "Tattoo Nightmares", a --- what else? --- bad tattoo cover-up show (I've seen Tom on DWTS do the same thing, on occasion, and I LOVE Tom!).

Frankly, IMHO, if I was the canvas in question, I wouldn't want Mark attempting to cover up a tattoo he'd messed up on, on me, anyway.

Fool me once, and all that.

Live show. Dave knew where Mark was going with what he was saying (we ALL did, actually). He also knew that he was supposed to be presenting Tommy for the tattoo rescue. So, awkward and rude as it might've appeared (Dave is no Tom, after all!), Dave had to cut across what Mark was saying and get Tommy up to bat so Spike could have its officially-announced "Ink Master"/"Tattoo Nightmares" cross-pollination.

And WE --- of course --- will get to see Tommy's rescue of Mark's mess-up, I bet.

Hey . . .

He who has the gold makes the rules, don'tcha know?

Not doing cartwheels about Steve winning, but I'd rather it be him than Sarah.

Oh, and BTW, I was ROFLMFAO when Dave brought it to her about her going off the rails, and the public commentary she got for that.

Yeah, call me a bitch, but I LOVED THAT!!!!!!!!
    jadewarlock likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Don't get the hate for Steve. He went on the show to win, not to make friends or be a like able guy. He was constantly one of the top guys and when his tattoos were on, they were far and away better then anyone's. His final tattoo blew away the others. Sebastian's was horrid. Why would you put that on a woman's? Sarah's just didn't look right.

Also for such a bad dude, he was the only one wearing a ribbon for the people of Newtown. Given he's from CT but Groton is a far way from Newtown.
    I don't hate Steve personally - I don't know him. I hate how he won because I just felt he wasn't deserving of the win based on what they are looking for (an all around artist), just like how I felt that Shane last season was undeserving (as he did all but one or two tattoos in black and white, and the final canvas he did in color was inferior to the runner-up's).

Steve was in the bottom two at least twice during the season - just like Sarah, but he had a tendency to not really stretch out from his genre. I know of at least one time he was WORSE than the person they eliminated, and one time he was safe instead of bottom three.

He also had I believe fewer wins on the elimination tattoo than Tatu Baby, who produced overall consistently good work compared to him. His portrait was nothing compared to hers - or even better - her near portrait of YODA. I honestly felt he won by the judges eliminating one of the strongest artists at final four to ensure his win - because Sebastian's F4 tattoo was far worse than even some of the previous artists' worst.

The fact you mention that Sarah's and Sebastian's were weak in your opinion too makes me feel even more solid in my opinion.

Had they judges been fairer and let either all four do a final canvas or CORRECTLY put Tatu Baby in the final three so it was the best three and Steve won, I'd been Ok with the win. I just call foul on it as the chips fell here. Not disrespecting Steve, but I don't think he competed against the best in the final three he had.

He probably is a good guy and I'm glad he respects his state and those who have died in the shooting; however, based on this show, I felt that the show was rigged for him to win instead of it being a fair fight.

Ness you make some valid points, and I appreciate the other side of the argument. Navarro I do think needs to work on his handling of these transistions better though - rocker
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 12-20-2012 at 12:53 AM.

That poor woman with a back full of Sebastian's tattoo. I know they understand what they are getting into - but uggg. Also the 'Live' show....I wished they showed more of the 'master tattoos'. I don't understand why this was 'live' at all.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    That poor woman with a back full of Sebastian's tattoo. I know they understand what they are getting into - but uggg. Also the 'Live' show....I wished they showed more of the 'master tattoos'. I don't understand why this was 'live' at all.
    I agree completely!!

We barely saw a glimpse of these "master tattoos" on the show. I would have loved to have gotten a good look at them.

And, if I were that lady, I would have said, "no deal," and walked out. It almost seemed like he was intentionally mean to do something that masculine to a woman. I hope that she was compensated well for her troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I agree completely!!

We barely saw a glimpse of these "master tattoos" on the show. I would have loved to have gotten a good look at them.

And, if I were that lady, I would have said, "no deal," and walked out. It almost seemed like he was intentionally mean to do something that masculine to a woman. I hope that she was compensated well for her troubles.
    This was another reason why I felt it was rigged for Steve to win. When I saw the canvases, I though "OK, a bit sexist matching gender to gender, but at least Sarah will have an advantage because she knows how to make lovely designed tattoos for females..." (and even the one she put in would've worked well for this woman).

And then they pulled what they did.

I agree too - they should've allowed her to either say "no deal" or better have paid her handsomely for that. If Sebastian wanted depth and such - he could've done a much better variation on the raccoon out of a tree stump.

I can't imagine how anyone, much less a woman would want a zombie breaking through a back with bullets in his head. Taste-wise it was really off. I like Sarah's the best. The subject matter was the most interesting than a zombie or an angel/skull
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread