+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Ink Master

Re: Ink Master

Still don't like Steve - going and criticizing the winner of tonight's challenge for taking the "easy way out" - well... sometimes it's better to do it easy and very well (and that winning tattoo was stunning) than try to go full tilt out and do too much. That's why James (I think) won.

Personally I think his bad attitude should get him removed - but given last year's winner was the same way (let alone DIDN"T really change much until the final to win - he did a black/white tattoo each week and full color only on the final) I have a feeling he'll win.

Sarah's was good, but I do agree she should've made the doll a little larger to balance it out. Had it been about an inch or so larger it'd been better. She's also got the same attitude - though her case more defensive - as Steve.

The bottom three were deserving of their bottom standings. They were bad.

Navarro just seems bitter and as mentioned a personal product for women (which is why I admit I find the term funny). He just rarely says anything positive to these artists, and yet they do better work than what you see as far as Tattoos on his body.

As far as these artists, there are several I wish they'd just do an Ed Hardy and try to sell some of their designs as shirts and other articles of clothing. There are some designs I have absolutely loved but as I will never have a tattoo put on me (I had enough trouble with ear piercings as it was - nearly fainted) I would rather it be something I can take on and off.
    cablejockey likes this.

I hate to see others gloating and smirking when someone is being harshly judged! They will all get at least one bad comment from a judge and should feel a little empathy.
    Sara seems to be coming unglued by the episode! A lot of these contestants really cannot stand to be criticized, how do they think they were survive with such thin skin?
    wannasee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I hate to see others gloating and smirking when someone is being harshly judged! They will all get at least one bad comment from a judge and should feel a little empathy.
    Sara seems to be coming unglued by the episode! A lot of these contestants really cannot stand to be criticized, how do they think they were survive with such thin skin?
    Really the only one who has accepted the pros and cons of his tattoos is James (well the guy who won yesterday's challenge). He doesn't agree with them but it's normally not over the top.

Sarah if she'd get her attitude shut off she'd probably excel. That doll in the tattoo yesterday worked well and would've been better if the proportions were correct (and they weren't too far off as it was).

Tatu Baby actually can and does overall a great job. Her past two were absolutely stunning (Yoda looked like a portrait on top of the contrast - and yes he looks easy but that detail isn't easy). She does need to cut down the attitude because when she brings it in her work suffers. It did last night.

Most of the men really need to siphon off that testosterone somewhere else because honestly their work is suffering big time.

The dragon ball tattoo - like someone said it stunk big time. I feel for him because of his canvas' bad attitude and obvious he was going to hate it no matter what, but he was over the top on the attitude. OTOH, I do say to the canvas "you KNOW you're getting a free tattoo, but you're also entering a competition where there are most likely inept or weak tattoo artists so if you don't want to risk getting a bad tattoo - DON"T enter."

Steve's Koi to dragon just was horrid. I hate saying it though I think he's destined to win because he's escaped the bottom three last week and this week had another bad tattoo but the judges overlook it I feel. Fortunately at this time if it were say him and Tatu Baby in the final two and they had excellent final canvases, going by their report card, Tatu Baby wins as she's had more wins overall.

I could see a woman win this season but the two who are left will definitely have to put away the attitude and work because that bad attitude is what's killing them.
    cablejockey likes this.

Hulu is so weird about how they're playing the episodes, I have no clue which one you guys are talking about! They're at least a week behind, not sure if that has to do with the rights or something. Anyway, Hulu just now has the Star Wars one, and I checked online and there are two different ones, so I'm going to watch on Spike online.

My opinion of Sarah has really suffered the last 2-3 shows. I liked her in the beginning but she really started getting over-defensive and pouty. Her immaturity just really lessened her in my book. I think Jamie remains my favorite, the others rise and fall with the circumstances and their attitudes.
    cablejockey likes this.

I think it was unfair for them to bully Jamie that he does not have any tattoos. There are many men who are gynecologists.
    cablejockey and Allie like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Also how come it took them until now to say anything to the guy about having no tatoos! I thought Tatu Baby should have won considering how georgous her leopard was with the little time she got from the sick 'canvas'.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    Also how come it took them until now to say anything to the guy about having no tatoos! I thought Tatu Baby should have won considering how georgous her leopard was with the little time she got from the sick 'canvas'.
    Sadly, just like last season they don't give a win to an artist who doesn't have a complete tattoo - regardless if the person is sick or not. (I'm like you too - especially when the winner is narcissist Steve).

As far as Jamie eliminated - if it's because he doesn't have tattoos I go "OK... and your point?"

I mean yeah they claim that because he has none he doesn't understand how to draw them... but there is a certain tattoo artist by the name of Ed Hardy who may be covered in tattoos but I wouldn't know who he is if he didn't have some phenominal clothing and watch lines with the designs. I'm not much of a tattoo afficionado (and as mentioned I will not have a tattoo put on me(, but I would spend a little bit of money on one of his shirts if I could afford one. There are some really lovely designs.
    cablejockey likes this.

This past week's was a surprise on two fronts: 1. Sarah finally won a challenge, and 2. Jesse went home. The latter I'm not surprised because it was a bad photo tattoo - but he knew better.

What I find immensely irritating though is that the judges say you can't win Ink Master with one style of tattoo...

OK, fine.

Then explain to me how last year's winner won doing ALL BUT HIS FINAL TATTOO in black and white? He had some customers request color, but he did them in black, grey and white with a miniscule color bit in there at times.

I call baloney on the whole thing there.

It should be one of the women, but I have a feeling that it'll be Steve as he's escaped obvious elimination a couple of times and they flip-flop on the whole "report card" versus a single tattoo. Jesse would've been safe on his whole season report card.
    cablejockey likes this.

They did a repeat of last season last night and I saw once again how Shane won his season in SPITE of having a WEAKER overall final tattoo duo compared to the runner-up.

They used the excuse of the overall record - which Shane had never been in the bottom two while Jeremy (?) I think had been. It was complete and utter tripe, and even the runner-up knew it because save one or two tatts (one in the finals and it was severely lacking), Shane did nothing but black, grey and white tattoos.

This season has the fans voting for the winner in part, so hopefully Steve will not win. He has a weaker record than I think Tatu Baby and the other male contestant. The only one he'd beat in a head-to-head I know of is Sarah, who has been in the bottom two I think at least one more time than him.

Yep, I called it. Steve was the winner in spite of being in the bottom several times and doing bad tattoos.

I knew the moment they eliminated Tatu Baby at final four that they were going to give him the win even if the other two were absolutely stunning. Shameful really.

The live finale - the ONLY good thing about it was that they had us vote for our favorite eliminated contestant (meaning that Sebastian and Sarah - as finalists - were ineligible) to get a second chance. And Tatu Baby is getting that second chance. She'd won had these judges not preened Steve - the Shane wannabe for the win.

Navarro is a complete tool - there was one tattoo artist who apologized and tried to explain the bad tattoo and was about to offer to cover it up but Navarro interrupted and had the guy from last season's Ink Master (Tommy?) who is in that cover up group come in and say that HE was going to do it. Way to go and humiliate a guy who was genuinely apologetic for his errors and wanted to rectify it outside of the spotlight.

Then you have the Jamie with no tattoos mark 2. They try to explain off the no tatts bit as saying he had the worst tattoo that night, but I say baloney. It was very clear that they correlated the two in the episode itself, and it WAS a factor in the elimination given that the other in the bottom two was just as bad (and the other guy didn't have a win I believe).

I will watch the third season for Tatu Baby - who is indeed a good tattoo artist - but when she's out I'm out. I'm tired of these douchebags who are NOT doing what they judges are wanting (an all around artist) winning.

Tatu Baby was really the only one who did that, and the tattoo she was eliminated on WAS better than Sebastian's. And I think it was so obvious that it was why they did the second chance contest - I think even the network (or whomever is over Navarro's head) said something.
    cablejockey and AmyKay like this.

+ Reply to Thread