+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Ink Master

Re: Ink Master

Quote Originally Posted by wannasee View Post
    Sigh. Agree completely with the above comments. I hate that this show especially uses strategy to knock out opponents, rather than pure, straight-out quality of their work. Really appreciated Walter's attitude of wanting to work with his canvas since the design is on her body forever. Which season did one of them give a hideous, manly and large tattoo to a woman? Definitely think Walter will continue to do great work and grow his clientele.

NOT liking the sound of the premise of the next season. :-(
    the second season. All I remember it was not Scott, who won, nor Sarah, who finished runner-up.

The guy decided to have it with the gargoyles crawling out of her back... and it was bad on so many levels.

In fact, I think it was once biggest reasons why Catherine ended up returning for season 3. she probably would not have one even that season, but she definitely at least would have given the canvas a much better and more respectful tattoo.

I call BS! Scott was being pimped in editing as being a front runner, before he was a front runner. Melissa was eliminated by the strength of his body of work. Reality TV 101, says body of work doesn't come into play until the finale. He won the Wolverine challenge without following the rules (I liked Matti's better). In the finale, The Sausage negative critique was minimal compared to Scott's. WTF

I have never felt a finale was so blatantly rigged before this. Not sure I care to watch future seasons.
    cablejockey likes this.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

jadewarlock, I don't know exactly how you got in my head and pulled out everything I was thinking, but thanks! I just couldn't pull them all together when I was still drinking my first cup of tea :-)

And the show and judges should get slammed. It was definitely wrong to change the rules to send Melissa home, and Scott was the biggest bully but should not have been Ink Master. (And yeah, it's a game, and yeah, strategy matters, but talent should matter more.)
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay View Post
    I call BS! Scott was being pimped in editing as being a front runner, before he was a front runner. Melissa was eliminated by the strength of his body of work. Reality TV 101, says body of work doesn't come into play until the finale. He won the Wolverine challenge without following the rules (I liked Matti's better). In the finale, The Sausage negative critique was minimal compared to Scott's. WTF

I have never felt a finale was so blatantly rigged before this. Not sure I care to watch future seasons.
    I think it speaks volumes when I can remember Walter's egg beater tattoo and how he could make it stand out in 3-D as well as his geometric design but I can't remember any of Scott's earlier tattoos...

Look I'll be honest:

Shawn - season one winner, a jerk, and looked most likely he'd win anyway over the guy who did phenominal Japanese tattooing. Still, Shawn himself was an amazing artist - my biggest issue was he did black and white, even in a color challenge, UNTIL the finale. Still he served it.

Steve** - season 2 winner, was a jerk and honestly IMHO wasn't the best artist of the lot. He was if I recall correctly in the bottom quite a few times actually. It was when Tattoo Baby was eliminated at four I realized that he was going to win. If they had judged it better overall, she'd been the winner of that season. Out of the three, Sarah honestly I felt had the best tattoo of the season with her final canvas. (This BTW, is the season when Sebastian created the gargoyle/demon that was crawling out of the poor woman's back. He was rather nasty to her too about it as well, so I will concede here only Steve was better than him. Steve at least respected his canvas).

Joey Hamilton - this season really did have three strong tattoo artists. Katherine (Tattoo Baby) I think could've won if she didn't second guess herself in a couple of areas, and given the TRUE talent that season (and overall good attitudes of all three as far as their work ethic), I wasn't surprised she got third. Joey was a pleasant enough person too in the work room, and earned his win with overall strong tattoos. It speaks volumes that out of the first three winners he came back and actually tattooed someone.

Even here - I don't think any of the three were undeserving of the title, and the only one I call favoritism was Steve when he advanced to the finals over Tattoo Baby. That said, at least he did do a strong canvas to earn his win.

Scott shouldn't have won. He didn't have the stronger work the whole season, he didn't follow rules, he can't count, he did I think way too simple of a tattoo on the mastectomy tattoo (even if she wanted it, I think there should've been more color or something - to ME anyway, I thought sincerely it looked like a lot of surgery stitches), among other things.

Heck, his final tattoo had some pretty glaring errors in the heart, whereas Walter's were relatively minor (he did at least realize a heart has two colors based on if it's the arterial or ventricle chambers. Not surprised they blatantly ignored them.

And WHY would anyone want to be tortured getting a tattoo? The way he was putting color into that final tattoo on the woman's back in that final two challenge, I think the person could feel that even if they passed out.

And color saturation being the difference? - his coloring didn't look good at all, and looked like a cheap chalk painting.

The one thing I will be happy about here though is that Walter had nothing but good things to say about his canvas and is happy that she and the other canvasses were happy with their tattoos. For him that was a win, and I'd say it was a win on many levels.

**(It was Steve, not Scott who won the second season. I'm sorry guys for the confusion - there are too many "s'" of the BS variety winning this show. And note, had Sausage won, that didn't count - his real name is Walter. )

FORT Fanatic

When Scott won the Wolverine challenge, I knew he was going to win it all. He did the wrong thing and still won. That was BS The judges suck. Im sick of Nunez acting all high and mighty. Hes really let this show go to his head as the seasons go on and on.
    Sausage will be the name everyone knows. After he comes back for the next finale, no one will hear of Scott Marshall again.

Why couldnt they give the finale more then an hour? It just seemed so rushed and stupid. "Hey lets talk to Kyle. Ok kyle, we need to move on". Why bring everyone back if 90% of them didnt even serve a purpose?

Fort Member

Why bring Kyle back at all, did anyone really want to hear what he had to say or see him again?
    I missed who the public voted as having the best tattoo during the season it used to be what determined who came back but not sure what they won this season

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    Why bring Kyle back at all, did anyone really want to hear what he had to say or see him again?
    I missed who the public voted as having the best tattoo during the season it used to be what determined who came back but not sure what they won this season
    They didn't mention it - they did this idea of voting in one of the two finalists, already knowing that Scott was the winner.

From what I've read on the online voting, apparently for the final two, Walter beat Scott by nearly a vote of 4:1 - 77 percent to 16 percent.

I have a feeling that Walter had the best tattoo of the season, and they had to intentionally ignore it in favor of naming Scott the winner.

And what's REALLY sad is Navarro or Nunez is condescending toward folks' reaction to the decision, like "It seems a lot of folks are disappointed - oh well, you'll like next season " or something along those lines. (BTW, no, that smile face is NOT added by me - he really did that.

As far as Kyle, they wanted to further humiliate him since he shoved one of the judges. I think he was about to start revealing stuff and that's why they cut it short. Now, don't get me wrong, I think fighting is wrong and he did cross the line when he could've been like Sausage and let his work speak for itself. That said... I'm starting to think there is more to the story and they wanted to get him off the show before he could call foul on something or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Sausage will be the name everyone knows. After he comes back for the next finale, no one will hear of Scott Marshall again.
    I can list a total of four specific tattoos from three artists - Shawn's wolf tattoo (which was phenominal), Tatu Baby's Yoda (by far the most stunning tattoo I've seen any of the women in this show do - and most of the guys), Sarah's Japanese tattoo with the roly poly type character (it was by far her best work - and IMHO I think she'd won over Steve if she went the Japanese tattoo route) and yes while he is more recent, most of Walter's tattoos (egg beater, Xavier from X Men, his steampunk type traditional tattoo man, geometric, etc.).

I don't remember really any good tattoos Steve did to win, and Scott's all the tattoos I remember are the BAD ones, not the good ones. Most of his are forgettable.

Why couldnt they give the finale more then an hour? It just seemed so rushed and stupid. "Hey lets talk to Kyle. Ok kyle, we need to move on". Why bring everyone back if 90% of them didnt even serve a purpose?
    They're contracted to appear - I think most of them didn't want to be there, especially given their reaction to Scott's winning. The hugs and handshakes were rather cold.

I think they should stop the live finales if they're going to have decisions done like they did this season. On the positive though they did show they will choose whomever they want to and damn the audience's and fans' opinions.

Serious BS on Scott winning I feel Sausage was just plain robbed. He was doing some stellar work even with Scott and his cronie trying their level best to derail him and he got no recognition at all

Quote Originally Posted by madeboxer View Post
    Serious BS on Scott winning I feel Sausage was just plain robbed. He was doing some stellar work even with Scott and his cronie trying their level best to derail him and he got no recognition at all
    I wouldn't say Walter got no recognition. Been reading his comments in interviews and elsewhere, and he said he received a trophy at his workplace saying "America's Inkmaster" among other rather nice comments people have said (and yes, more than "Ya were robbed" ). He's one of the few reality show people on social media worth reading IMHO, and for me, that is a rarity to say.

This guy won't have trouble I feel getting customers, especially when he makes people want to get a photo of an egg beater with eggs on them. I have to admit it was a flash challenge he did that but it's one of my favorite tattoos of his. Of note too - I find it very interesting he doesn't like tattooing demons, but did a great job of doing that (this also was the challenge he had to convince the guy to change the placement of the tattoo.

And - IMHO it speaks volumes enough when I maintain Scott needed the money and the title but for Walter it'd just be bragging rights. The real winner tends to be the one who does well post show, and honestly I've only heard anything about Josh from the first three winners. Scott I think with what he showed through this competition has hurt himself in the real world more than Walter's actions did.

+ Reply to Thread