+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Ink Master

Re: Ink Master

Well, I'm happy with two of the final three - Walter (Sausage) and Matti.

I am disappointed that Scott advanced over Halo, especially with that barely there tattoo of the butterflies on the mastectomy tattoo.

But I admit Halo did himself in by going for the blank canvas instead of the cover up. If he had been smart, he'd encouraged them to go for Scott because he'd had to hit a perfect tattoo, which can actually be MORE pressure than doing a cover up.

Sausage should win this season. He not only did two beautiful tattoos (and only one to do them in two different schemes - one color, one black and white) he was very very respectful and kind to the woman with the mastectomy. I have to admit I kinda liked his cover up/fix up tattoo a bit better than the mastectomy (though I loved the flowers) because he used the bad design cleverly and improved upon it. I do agree with the judges it'd be hard to continue the sleeve, but the reason why made up for it.

Matti also had a lovely set of tattoos and earned his spot as well. He also has been overall respectful of his canvasses too. He's had a few missteps but they've been fewer and far in between.

Scott got lucky - period. Any other season if someone gave a skimpy tattoo that doesn't look like it too the hours that he had (the tiny butterflies and such) they'd be eliminated. I'm so hoping this isn't foreshadowing him the win for the season.

As far as the final canvas... I LOVE the judges told them it will be a back piece - period. That puts them all on equal footing and should give them a decent amount of space to work on.

My hope is the finish will be Walter, Matti and Scott in that order from first to third. Out of all of these three, that is the order I'd go to as far as going or a tattoo - or if they did clothing or something like Ed Hardy, I'd go and get a shirt from their store (though honestly, I'd go for Halo or Melissa's designs before Scott - but I'm going by this final three).

Sadly, I have a feeling it will be Scott, Walter and Matti by the judges.

I also wish Halo had made it, but by pushing to get the non-cover-up, he really had to knock it out of the park. Unfortunate that he didn't, I agree with the comments Sausage/Walter made on how he would be someone to contend with if he got 35 hours to do a piece. (At least I think that was about Halo...) I don't knock Scott for the mastectomy challenge because the lady could also have completely backed out and would he be able to tattoo himself? He was very respectful of her feelings and couldn't really help her indecision. I'm with you on hoping Walter wins, and am pretty much ambivalent about whether Matti or Scott come in 2nd. Not sure exactly why, because I liked most of his tattooing well enough but Matti got a lot of close-ups where he seemed to be mocking/laughing at whoever happened to be getting a not-so-great critique. Course...a lot of the artists were like that.

Fort Member

I love this show and also hope that sausage wins or anyone but Scott although i kinda liked his mastectomy tattoo, his coverup was terrible also hoping Halo is the one to get voted back for next season but what we look forward to each show is the adverts that run across the bottom of the screen, last week they asked for people who want their heads tattooed and this week it was backsides, so that makes us really keen to watch next season

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda View Post
    I love this show and also hope that sausage wins or anyone but Scott although i kinda liked his mastectomy tattoo, his coverup was terrible also hoping Halo is the one to get voted back for next season but what we look forward to each show is the adverts that run across the bottom of the screen, last week they asked for people who want their heads tattooed and this week it was backsides, so that makes us really keen to watch next season
    When Scott's tattoo shows the star through the cover up even in a computer shot of the tattoo, there's a problem with it. I will concede it's a beautiful cover up but he used the wrong color. In fact, it's what really irritates me and worries me he's going to win this season - any other artist doing yellow in a cover up would've probably been eliminated. I mean, come on, Melissa was eliminated for less (not being in the top any part of the season).

I think Halo could be a shoe-in for a come back; however, I think because of Kyle's outrageous behavior they may decide to not do a tattoo artist returning this next season.

That's a shame because Tatu Baby/Katherine did come back (Kyle's season), and while she did get harsher judging because of it, she persevered and made it to the top three with overall good tattoos. Any other season other than her come back season - who had two other phenomenal artists, she'd won (which is why I feel she was eliminated the second season when Scott won - she'd beaten him).

She is proof that a returning contestant will work hard and have the right attitude to persevere. I think Halo has more of her attitude, and will work hard to show he deserved to be in the final three over Scott this season.

They've done head tattoos, but not butt ones. That would be interesting to see. I think the only tattoo they haven't done on a regular body part is a neck tattoo, but there may be in particular rules set up where they are not allowed to have the artists compete using that particular area. Can't say as I blame them given the juglar is there and with some of these folks... I wouldn't want that vulnerable part of my body exposed to a relative newcomer's tattoo needle.

I cannot believe the judges for a MOMENT thought that Scott had the best tattoo of the three. I'm an artist and even I could tell Walter's was the best, then Matti, then Scott. I knew the MOMENT Matti was ranked third and we voted Sausage in as the top favorite that Scott was going to win.

I think it speaks tsunami volumes that Scott was NOT the right winner this season when the audience at the show SOUNDLY BOOED the decision for nearly a minute as Scott was getting accolades.

Got to give it to Walter though - he was screwed out of this win, but I think he's going to win the war in the end. I think people will be clamoring to come to where he and last season's winner (Josh) work and get tattoos from them. They clearly had beautiful tattoos and the right attitude that would make folks want to get a tattoo from them.

I also think that both of them should seriously consider going into a small clothing line like Ed Hardy and do some designs in clothing for the folks who can't (or won't) get a tattoo for whatever reason. It really would help expand their exposure and sell ability.

Scott just won the money and the spread. I think he'll fade into obscurity like the first two artists to win this show.
    cablejockey likes this.

Fort Member

I really dislike it when the smart arse wins makes me feel like I wasted watching as I wait for karma to bite him and it doesnt happen, They really should deduct points for bad attitude and not playing well with others
    cablejockey likes this.

I was positively stunned when they announced Scott was the winner. Just stunned. And bummed that Sausage didn't get it.
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I was positively stunned when they announced Scott was the winner. Just stunned. And bummed that Sausage didn't get it.
    I was stunned for many reasons:

1. To my knowledge, Walter was NEVER in danger of elimination. He may not have won challenges, but I don't recall him being placed there (at least by the judges). Scott, however was in there at least once, the time Melissa was eliminated.

2. Scott forgot a spoke on the Statue of Liberty of all things. He lost a flash challenge because of this. Now, Walter may not have shown a stronger amount of proportion in what he tattooed of the statue, but he DID have everything right on the count and tattooed IMHO a stronger design.

3. Scott made the dumbest mistake of putting a color any idiot - and I speak for myself too as a fused glass maker - knows to NOT use if you're trying to cover up something. Even in my glass with opaque yellow, a darker design shows through, tinting the result. Walter, however, turned one of the most "What the..." designs for a tattoo into a stunning half sleeve.

4. Scott was ugly and rude to his canvasses - who as we all know have to wear these for the rest of their lives (even if covered up) and he would push on some of them hard enough they nearly passed out. He even TOLD one girl who needed a short break she wasn't going to get up, and sorry, that's not healthy. Walter took his time with his canvas when he could, and obviously had a gentle enough touch that no one had to take a break. He even gushed about what a wonderful canvas he had in the finale, but truth be told, she was wonderful because of him as well. And, unlike Scott, Walter WORKED with his canvas to produce a design that she'd love as - his words - she's the one who wears it for the rest of her life. He chose to not be *quite* the open canvas on her design for that reason, and in the end, I think he really had the best tattoo for it.

5. In short, Scott had a horrid snake tattoo that should've gotten him eliminated. You honestly don't want to know my assessment of said design (well couldn't say it anyway). Melissa's was far better. The judges, who had all season said that one tattoo could get them eliminated, suddenly changed that attitude to where they went by "wins" and eliminated her instead. I had a sinking feeling that these judges were going to give Scott the win no matter how wonderful Walter, Matti, or - if he had been chosen instead, Halo did on their designs.

That said, this is my honest assessment of the results:

Scott needed the win because he's going to need the money to try and start up again. He's destroyed his credibility and business with his horrid attitude and bad design work. Actions speak louder than words here - he reads as cruel to canvasses and not caring what they want, just the money.

He didn't deserve the win.

Walter however showed overall politeness, courtesy and while the occasional cockiness or attitude, it was within reason. I didn't see him fly off the handle like I did with Scott (though he didn't as bad as Kyle). He dresses nice, shows from the finale he has a spotless tattoo parlor and will WORK with the canvas to ensure they have a tattoo they will love and more importantly fits them.

He doesn't NEED the win, though it'd been nice if he had because he earned it overall.

Because people WILL want to try and get a tattoo from him, and also Josh since they work at the same studio.
    TripleGemini and wannasee like this.

Regarding losses, I am in slight error, but not much.

Both Walter and Scott had a low scoring tattoo.

That said, SCOTT was in the judge's room up for elimination whereas Walter's low scoring tattoo was when Melissa and Gentle Jay had to do a second tattoo to see who'd be eliminated (the team challenge).

So, technically, both had bottom looks one time, but only Scott was in danger of being eliminated, and that was when the judges clearly showed who'd win the season when they went by record instead of the claim they had made all season that one bad tattoo would send you home.

And their site? - there are at least 10-20 (at least) people bashing the show, judges and SPIKE for Scott's win for every one supporting the win and saying Scott earned it.

Sigh. Agree completely with the above comments. I hate that this show especially uses strategy to knock out opponents, rather than pure, straight-out quality of their work. Really appreciated Walter's attitude of wanting to work with his canvas since the design is on her body forever. Which season did one of them give a hideous, manly and large tattoo to a woman? Definitely think Walter will continue to do great work and grow his clientele.

NOT liking the sound of the premise of the next season. :-(

+ Reply to Thread