+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Ink Master

Re: Ink Master

I think I had the name wrong for last week's elimination - was it David with the bad back? So, yeah, I agree with the above. Really, when I look at the finished products, mostly, I'm thinking about how another artist could either cover it up or add more to make it decent. A couple this week, Roland's, King Ruck, maybe even Randy's but not sure, could have been reworked and improved.

I'm tired of the artists getting to pick who gets which canvas with an eye to eliminating the artist...usually no concern for the tattoo the canvas ends up with. I wish they'd change that drastically. I think there may have been one or two challenges in past seasons where the artist who got to choose actually considered who would give the client what they wanted the best, and figured it would then be a fair competition. I think the judges should be more involved in "vetting" who gets what and helping to temper the canvas' expectations in order to get the best tattoo possible in their timeframes. There truly have been some hideous tattoos with no hope of covering up over the seasons!

Huh...thank-you show for letting me gaze upon Hugh Jackman for a few minutes! ;-) Little surprised with the winner, not because I thought it was a bad tattoo or didn't meet the challenge, as couple of the artists were saying, but because some were SO realistic. I am not familiar with the X-Men movies, I think I saw the first one, but whoever did Anna Paquin (and I seriously never knew she was in the movies, so it was spot on for me to recognize!), it was really good IMO. Also the Patrick Stewart and a couple others.

NOT looking forward to next week's dramatics, WTH is up with Kyle?! I really don't remember last season, how good his work was, but I seem to recall liking his attitude about it all or something on those lines. He's been totally different and it makes me wonder if the show is paying him to create the drama...especially if what they teased comes to light. (Which it sure looks like it will...)

FORT Fanatic

Ink Master

I'm too lazy to find the link but if you google news Ink Master, there are some allegations that Oliver harassed some people on set. I think there's more to it then that but I remember reading he was involved

As for the episode, I didn't get why they asked for a photo tattoo and then reward the guy who does a comic tattoo. The old professor x and Rogue tattoos were spot on. The wolverine ones were cartoony. The judges suck this year.
    That said, Kyle is a whiney baby. I wish they brought someone else back

They also need a mass elimination. The weaker part of the cast is so below the talent of the top part of the cast that there is no reason they should be on the show. Every week it's the same guys who should go home. That Roland guy said "color isn't my thing". Then why are you even here!?! To me, there are like 5 guys who can win this and the rest can go home each week but get saved because someone is much worse.
    Last edited by Giggity22; 03-30-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    wannasee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    That Roland guy said "color isn't my thing". Then why are you even here!?! To me, there are like 5 guys who can win this and the rest can go home each week but get saved because someone is much worse.
    Roland sounds like another Shane O'Neill... won't do color most of his season and IF he makes the final three will do an outstanding color tattoo to show he really CAN do color so he can win.

Like I said, the ONLY one I felt won his season was last season's winner. Shane nor Scott were that good (Sarah IMHO was superior to Scott on most of her tattoos) - the other guy was miles better.

Roland should have been out much much earlier. These are permanent tattoos!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Looking at the tattoos on Spike's site for the show, I will honestly say that in my honest opinion only, this season really does look like Sausage's to lose. The one he did last week was very very good. If he doesn't win, he might want to also see if he can expand his work into shirts and the like similar to Ed Hardy - there is some work I'd buy and wear as a shirt or watch (sorry, won't get a tattoo ever, and NEVER on this show).

Been reading up on some other stories about contestants and honestly... some of them are really odd, even when you compare them to how the show usually is run.
    cablejockey and wannasee like this.

FORT Fanatic

Nunez is a douche. I really want Kyle to kick the living hell out of him. He really has been riding him the whole season and to call him out like that was just BS. If you didnt have the balls to put him into the bottom 4, dont go out of your way to make a comment to put him there.
    wannasee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22 View Post
    Nunez is a douche. I really want Kyle to kick the living hell out of him. He really has been riding him the whole season and to call him out like that was just BS. If you didnt have the balls to put him into the bottom 4, dont go out of your way to make a comment to put him there.
    Yes, I think Nunez is being a turkey... BUT, you've got to give him props. He was just as harsh to Tattoo Baby last season when she was a returning contestant, so he's keeping that consistent.

He expects more from the returnees, which I have to say... compared with most other competitions, I have to respect. A lot of the other shows just let them do the same old, same old and get praised (Mondo a great example of this).
    wannasee likes this.

Okay, so now I get the progression of some of those previews...I thought I missed something! Gotta agree with you, mostly, jadewarlock - CN has been pretty harsh on artists who he believes can do much better (IMO). Sometimes anger pushes them to achieve what they should. Not sure it's gonna happen in this case. And even if that is his intent, I did not like his 3rd party message back to Kyle. Tell him yourself! Just wondering still if this is manufactured drama...guess we'll find out with the big brouhaha. lol

Was it last week that the canvas fainted and had to stop, so the tattooer didnt have anything to work on? I really thought the producers dropped the ball on that--there should be a replacement waiting in the wings for times like this! But they made it into some kind of test to see what he would do now and he came through, but. really dont the judges expect too much from these guys? They are just making tatoos, not a cure for cancer, or saving lives like a para-medic or fireman.

+ Reply to Thread