+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Ink Master

Re: Ink Master

My late husband did all of my tattoos way back in the 80s. I really need a lot of touch up work and I need a cover up on one that was damaged by a surgery. Plus I want the one to honor my dog.
    I'm having a hard time finding a new artist. There are a lot of shops in my city but the work I've seen done by these shops isn't good.
    I'm holding out until I can find an artist that I can trust. Once I'm able to get out more, I may go into the city (San Francisco) and get my next one done there.

Anybody have any predictions for tonight? I want Tatu Baby to win because I know that when she has more time and isn't under so much pressure, she does beautiful work, but I don't think she'll win. I think it will come down to Joey and Jime with Jime taking the win.

I felt so bad for the woman that got that terrible tattoo on her back during the finale last season. A lot has happened since then and I'm really fuzzy on the details. I don't remember the artist or the actual design but I do remember wondering why the woman didn't yell "Hell no" and run from the building when she was shown the design.
    I think it was zombie hands or something coming out of her back.
    Anyway, it was a terrible design and I felt so bad that she has to have it covering her entire back for the rest of her life.
    If I remember correctly, that artist didn't even make it to the final 2.

My apologies if I have the details wrong, which I probably do. Lol.

Can we come here and chat while the show is airing tonight? Are we allowed to do that here? I tried doing it at another site for a different show and received a warning for posting while the show was airing.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

Basically a few things in general:

Spoilers first:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Tatu Baby out in third having to design on TWO canvases after the first one quit on her because he didn't want the tattoo on his back. Jime was second and Joey was first.

1. If you want to be on this show and do a master canvas, you SHOULD do exactly what you promise in that you will have anything on your back. I feel for the lady last year with the zombie, but I RESPECT she honored what the judges said in that they allow the artist to design anything. The guy was a complete ... well, I can't say it (but if I could it'd really be rare) when he said it's not his money and that Tatu Baby can go butt a stump essentially. It wasn't fair to her at all, as she had to do two canvases and I think it affected the results quite honestly.

I hope they fined the guy for breaking contract honestly, especially after he already had the wolf on his back.

2. Out of the final two, I was glad with who won. They really did show their best each challenge and did well all season. They also followed the instructions from the get go, so the win was earned. The winner is also the FIRST one I've actually been OK with winning quite honestly. It is the first time the winner sincerely showed versatility, good work overall and was actually overall respectful of the artists' work, but made distinction between contest and real life, saying that competitively they were the best, but all earned their spot in their opinion.

I'm fine with the winner as well. He did a beautiful job and I think his winning tattoo reminds me of an Italian Renaissance painting. It makes me think of Botticelli's works. It's a pity Oliver and Nunez didn't catch on to this.

Just a thought: why are these guys severely stuck on black outlines? Sometimes black outlines aren't called for. It would be too harsh. The winning tattoo is a fine example of my point. If put black outlines, especially on the body, it would... oh... cheapen the look and take away from it looking like a masterpiece.

Another thought: I thought it wasn't classy that Nunez said that NO ONE will want to work with Joshua. I really don't understand the hatred towards him. Nunez said that Jimi had "integrity" when he really didn't! Jimi acted like a spoiled brat rat the whole time. I think that Joshua had integrity when he was upfront about wanting to win the competition and he's doing it for his family. One of the guys said that his family got kicked out of their home, and then he changed his focus on wanting to win for his family. What is the difference???

And the other guy who "mixed it up" so that everyone on top will know how it feels to be on the bottom didn't do it "out of fun". He was quite deliberate and wanted to eliminate others, just as Joshua did.

The hypocrisy of it!
    cablejockey likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

ITA. Didn't understand the hatred toward Josh either. They all had that kind of attitude of 'I'm the best!'. I'm glad about who won, and happy to see Kyle will be on the the next season. He seemed a little shocked about it all!

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    ITA. Didn't understand the hatred toward Josh either. They all had that kind of attitude of 'I'm the best!'. I'm glad about who won, and happy to see Kyle will be on the the next season. He seemed a little shocked about it all!
    I think on Josh's they hate him because he does have scruples that they don't like - in this case he won't do face tattoos. Because they harp on him about that, and then he got in their face so to speak, they got their feelings hurt I guess.

I DO think Chris is overkilling on that comment by far. He may have been trying to say that his condescending attitude will not be taken well and will cost him jobs, but he way overstepped his boundaries. Josh's work actually was very good - even his eliminated tattoo was strong as well.

My hope for Kyle - who has had strong tattoos all season, does NOT let the stress of the show get to him like it did Tatu Baby. I think he can do it however, but his tattoo was indeed stunning for a competition during a LIVE show (Well, both's actually).

Will say though - while it was not a winning tattoo IMHO, I DO think Tatu Baby didn't get a fair chance, and I blame the canvas. If the show has ANY sense of decency, they'll force said canvas to pay for that tattoo he did get for breaking contract at the very least (I'd say the cost of his trip to her shop too, because he agreed to be on the show. I say this for ALL the canvases that quit this season (medical reasons exempted), but ESPECIALLY one that agreed to ANYTHING being done on their body.

One final note - I think all of them can and do strong work, and this has been overall the best lot of the bunch (Maggie - the bald headed woman, maybe the exception). The pressures of the contest factored in many of the looks this season, but all of them can get work in the industry. This is especially true seeing some of the tattoos I've seen be covered up in some of the other reality shows featuring tattoos.
    cablejockey and wannasee like this.

I haven't been able to watch the full episode yet, the DVR isn't working so I'll have to catch a repeat.

I'm pleasantly surprised at the winner. He's been one of my favorites since the beginning. He's pretty cute too!
    I woke up and caught part of the live finale, I may have just been half asleep but Tatu Baby looked really different to me, not just the lighter hair color but her face looked different. If she hadn't spoken I don't think I would have recognized her.

How awkward did everybody look just standing there on the stage?! The show couldn't spring for some chairs or stools them?

I can't wait for a repeat, I really want to see the work.
    Last edited by NorwIndian; 10-09-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    beerbelly likes this.
    The more I know people, the more I love my dog. ~ Mark Twain

FORT Fanatic

I thought it was funny that Mystical Mike tried to shoehorn himself into the show and they shut him down right away. What a tool.

Right guy won. That guy Tatu baby had was a douche. Why would you not say something ahead of time?

Props to the show for not having that woman who stormed out and made the scene on the episode. She was clearly looking to become a tv personality and they didn't allow that.
    beerbelly likes this.

I am sorry to say that I was pretty distracted when I finally watched this. I will try to watch again...I didn't even see the 35 hour tattoos! I think I got overwhelmed by the catty nature of the initial interviews and I hid for awhile and missed the good stuff. Was very good with the winner, I hope to see work beyond this season's show! I agree with previous comments that Tattoo Baby should have been allowed another canvas and/or some other way of showcasing her work. Heck...with the early season difficult canvas, didn't the judges all say the guy should have tattooed himself? So, if in the finals an artist gets a jerk like that, why couldn't they get their own canvas? That would have been cool, if they brought out the canvas they gave her and he had nothing...and then her back-up canvas came out beautifully inked!

Guess this is starting up soon, I got a 4-minute video about the artists for the new season, I guess because I'd set the series up to record on my DVR. Looks good!

Yep, the show started, I guess my DVR remembered, because I sure didn't look. Interesting start to things, but from the previews, I wonder if they've paid or coached some of the contestants to provide the drama. I'm especially curious to see the returning artist, Craig (?) and if he matches up to the previews or if it's taken out of contest. Not thrilled, so far. I also keep wondering as they announce, "16 of the best tattoo artists in the world," um...where'd that reputation come from and compared to who/what? Seems like they take several with very little experience...

+ Reply to Thread