+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Couples Therapy - VH1

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Couples Therapy - VH1

Let's talk about VH1's Couples Therapy here!

The couples in need of therapy are:
    Courtney Stodden & Doug Hutchison
    Nik Richie and Shayne Lamas (The Bachelor)
    Alex McCord and Simon van Kempen (RHONYC)
    Todd 'Too Short' Shaw and Monica Payne
    Joel 'JoJo and Tashaunda Hailey

They're all counseled by Dr. Jenn Berman.

Couples Therapy | Cast Bios | VH1.com

I wonder how much Alex & Simon's disagreements are real and are for trying to get back on reality television any way they can. Alex was doing the "behind the scenes RHNYC analysis" videos for RumorFix while this was taping and even plugged this show on her last video.

Re: Couples Therapy - VH1

Maybe it's fake. I hope they are not in such a sad condition.

What did you make of Courtney and her husband daddy? That made me a little ill.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Courtney & Doug are like a slow-moving trainwreck. I know I should, but I can't look away. Plus he always creeps me out--he was that effective as the liver eater Tooms on The X-Files nearly 20 years ago. That whole Dad/Doug and "I'm raising my wife." brings the ikkk factor up 100%

It took me a minute to place Shayne Lamas--she looked somehow different but I can't say how.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

That Courtney girl just looks like something is not right in her head. I can't wait until I hear what the doctor has to say to her. That relationship is so bizarre that I can't understand how a doctor is supposed to help them.

And what if anything are the others going to learn from the old man and his child bride? Recall the doctor said they all could learn from the others. Really?

Courtney is on something. I don't know what. Shame on her parents for allowing her to marry a pedophile. Jojo who I used to love is just downright nuts. "You met when I was drunk,I proposed when I was drunk and you married me while I was drunk" really smh
    Debb70 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have to wonder if Courtney has ever been molested?is that possibly why her parents signed to let her marry a 51 year old man at 16 to hid their guilt?
    redsox girl likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I can't help but wonder what was in it for the parents. Why send your 15 or 16 year-old daughter to marry a 50 year old man with your blessings? Did he pay them? Was she driving them crazy and they wanted to get rid of her? Was she blackmailing the parents to do what she wanted or else? What does she see in this guy? You would think there are more older men who love VERY young girls who are more famous, wealthier and better looking. Why did she settle for this clown? So many questions.

Have any of you seen the video footage of Courtney when she was a regular girl in some state beauty pageant? I ran across then back when she first becamse famous. She acted a little too trashy, but nothing like now. You may not even recognize her.

I do hope Alex & Simon get it together; they probably can be more successful together than separately... successful in bringing up children, contentment, careers, financial, all ways. They're just odd enough to need lifetime anchors, and they could be that for one another. I think they allowed themselves to be damaged by Bravo.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Bravo & MTV create a whole new group of people who need some sort of deep therapy after being on their shows!
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I just hope, hope, hope that they don't play the Courtney/older guy story for all it's worth.

But why else have them on the show? Courtney's whole point seems to be louche scene-stealing, in any way necessary,-- and I assume he's getting some sort of thrill out of the provocative part of it. Everything he says is aimed to shock people. I think they may truly be soulmates-- they both seem to bathe in the limelight of people's fascination with the bizarre.

They're just a distraction from anything more real happening-- although I have this suspicion that therapist Jenn, who is the most self-serious and truly sincere therapists ever-- is going to find that they too are human and have so much to offer us and one another. But we'll see....

If they weren't there maybe the show could be interesting-- but probably it wouldn't draw the ratings they want.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast