+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Couples Therapy - VH1

Re: Couples Therapy - VH1

Shayne is the daughter of Lorenzo Lamas she was on a show with him. It was boring so the name escapes me now lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Shayne was also on General Hospital as a teen, if I'm not mistaken. During the hometown visit with Matt on the Bachelor, I remember her telling him that she bought her mother's house for her with the money she earned on GH.

She played Carly as a child in some flashbacks on GH.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Maybe it was the Lamas show. I dont watch GH and I have only seen an ep or 2 of the Bachelor. *shrug* I looked on her IMDB page and nothing rang a bell.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Thanks everyone for telling me whose who on the show. I cannot imagine airing my problems with my loved one in public. Isnt that weird? On the other hand when I see Too Tiny and Jojo I wonder if she sees this as a last ditch effort-it appeals to his need for attention, but might help him and specifically her, w/o worrying about payment for service. I hope she can make a healthy decision for herself because unless an alchoholic decides he or she is an alcholic and agrees to help, nothing changes. She deserves a happy life.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

What a relief that Doug & Courtney got the boot! This week, I really did buy into the other featured couples getting to real issues. I'm still not terribly sold on the good doctor, as she seems like a bit of a drama queen in her own right, but I can't wrap my head around wearing stripper clothes as being a way to stand up to bullies for kids in school. Heck, it's almost an insult to actual strippers, as they very well likely do not wear those clothes when they're not working.

I expressed doubt about Alex's participation in this show earlier, and after tonight I have to take at least 90% of that back. Her story about finding her dad dead and her wishes about him just seemed so real and raw, I nearly teared up. It hit a little close to home; my grandfather lived with my parents for his last 4 years and he had serious dementia and would say either absolutely nothing, be pleasant as punch, or as mean and hateful as anyone could be. I didn't actively wish him dead, but in the last year, I thought it would be better were he to pass and (a) be out of pain (he couldn't walk, had terrible heart problems, and was incontinent), (b) not give my parents 24/7/365 of stress, and (c) not call his nurses See You Next Tuesdays, the N word, and the like which he would have never, ever done were he in his right mind.

Tiny's past also was extraordinarily moving and sad, and that Courtney didn't get it showed she's either incredibly stupid, incredibly self involved, or high. That was a bigger violation of group trust than the clothing issue, really. And yeah, I know this is just some VH1 reality trash, but I can't for one minute believe the group of them are that great of actors to fake that moment. If so, Meryl Streep should watch her back.
    AmyKay likes this.

Omg I have never seen anyone as vapid as Courtney. I loved them all eavesdropping on them.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    What a relief that Doug & Courtney got the boot! This week, I really did buy into the other featured couples getting to real issues. I'm still not terribly sold on the good doctor, as she seems like a bit of a drama queen in her own right, but I can't wrap my head around wearing stripper clothes as being a way to stand up to bullies for kids in school. Heck, it's almost an insult to actual strippers, as they very well likely do not wear those clothes when they're not working.

I expressed doubt about Alex's participation in this show earlier, and after tonight I have to take at least 90% of that back. Her story about finding her dad dead and her wishes about him just seemed so real and raw, I nearly teared up. It hit a little close to home; my grandfather lived with my parents for his last 4 years and he had serious dementia and would say either absolutely nothing, be pleasant as punch, or as mean and hateful as anyone could be. I didn't actively wish him dead, but in the last year, I thought it would be better were he to pass and (a) be out of pain (he couldn't walk, had terrible heart problems, and was incontinent), (b) not give my parents 24/7/365 of stress, and (c) not call his nurses See You Next Tuesdays, the N word, and the like which he would have never, ever done were he in his right mind.

Tiny's past also was extraordinarily moving and sad, and that Courtney didn't get it showed she's either incredibly stupid, incredibly self involved, or high. That was a bigger violation of group trust than the clothing issue, really. And yeah, I know this is just some VH1 reality trash, but I can't for one minute believe the group of them are that great of actors to fake that moment. If so, Meryl Streep should watch her back.
    But in the previews, we see that Doug and Courtney come baaaaaacckkkk....

I'm not sure she's vapid, although she certainly takes an absurd line-- I"m wearing these clothes as a benefactor of humanity etc--Not.

But I do think she's totally addicted to the attention and is exploiting Doug in the hope of getting an acting career.

Doug on the other hand is kind of pathetic. I can't imagine what his attraction to her is, other than feeling somehow narcissistically elevated by her being desired by other men-- he does seem like he needs a very dominating and controlling type of woman, to submit to, ironically, given that he is viewed as the predator.

I meant to add that I think despite being sort of exploitative, she's a very troubled person, and really does need help, not necessarily in couples counseling but individually. Her compulsive need to wear the revealing clothes at all times, with the bizarre platform shoes suggests someone who's really driven to exhibit herself for some reason-- which I have a feeling she's not about to disclose.

I'm sorry they're coming back. I hope they don't take over again.

I"m really not liking Shayne at all either. Her antipathy toward Courtney and her self-dramatization in general puts in me-- as does her ridiculing Courtney as Courtney and Doug left.

+ Reply to Thread