+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Couples Therapy - VH1

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Couples Therapy - VH1

Nik Richie is the pot calling the kettle black!!! He's disgusted by 51 year old Doug who is married to a 17 year old girl, but more than that, he's totally revolted by Doug's wife Courtney, who he calls "trash" because he says Courtney submits herself to "The Dirty" website at least twice a month. Well, well, Nik, you're right, "The Dirty" IS one of the sleeziest websites on line. And guess who owns it. YOU DO!!!! YOU are the REAL disgusting creature here, for exploiting girls like Courtney, not to mention slandering, defaming and ruining the lives of countless others --- at least according to the tabloids and complaints out there at any given time.

And ironically, if that all wasn't bad enough, Nik is also the pot calling the kettle (Doug) black because Nik himself is married to someone who is, let's say, less than perfect -- Shayne Lamas for years has been splashed all over the tabloids with a terrible reputation as a slutty famewhore. The first time I ever saw Shayne was several years ago on "The Bachelor" and kind of followed her escapades from time to time -- and was horrified when she married Nik! She might've been wild and uncontrollable --- but at least she didn't seem like a bad or evil person. But Nik - who publishes and is proud of his horribly abusive, exploitive website, must be a pretty sleezy, heartless person.

Never heard of Nik or the Dirty until the show. I love gossip site had to google it,lol. Shayne I never knew of until she was on the reality show with her did Lorenzo Lamas. I never watch the Bachelor so I never knew she was on it. I used to listen to Ki-c & Jojo music all the time. If he can get off the liquor I think he and his wife will be fine.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I never heard of Nik or his blog/website before, and don't plan to check it out. I guess there is some special horror in the whole Courtney/Doug thing because he himself seems so overripe, and she looks so scrawny and underfed.

Guess it plays to the whole nymphette fantasy although if she was ever innocent and sweet, it's not evident now. I guess you'd have to ask about what the heck happened to her growing up.

But sharks and paranhas who come in all shapes and sizes-- and probably most or all of them have troubled childhoods. I guess she's just not old enough to seem responsible yet for who she is.

Not a bad season to watch but what a bunch of losers. I don't really have anyone on the show to root for, they all suck. Courtney is extremely annoying and disrespectful. She (& Doug too) is so self-involved that they can't understand that you disrespect the other women in the house when you put your ass in front of their man. Add to that her constant sexual innuendos ("want me to squirt on you?") and that GAWDAWFUL laugh (maybe even worse than Rachel of BB and AR) and she is gag worthy. That Doug guy is not good for her at all, telling her not to respect the requests of the other women and not to put anything over her swim suit. It is like he controls her by feeding her exhibitionist tendencies and encouraging her to make choices that will alienate her from other people, leaving her just for him. That is not a healthy relationship for either one of them IMO.

I myself would not be able to do any serious therapy with those two present. Not because of the way she looks but because of how she acts, I could not treat her as an adult and would refuse to be in a group session with a minor. Of course that is if I was paying for it... I guess if I was on a TV show and wanted fame and a nice paycheck, I'd probably go ahead and do it and just fuel some drama for TV.

I think part of the problem with Courtney is the fact that she is so young. Too many teenagers have that sense of entitlement and cannot see past the nose on their face. I keep wondering to myself what the heck do they talk about? The whole "I'm raising my wife" comment made my skin crawl in a way that has never happened before. Yuck!!
    scoot13 likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Ya for sure! And the fact that she accidentally calls him "Dad" occassionally...

I missed the show last week. When I see Courtney and her dad, I mean husband, it makes me wonder, how many other girls like her are in his past and how many guys like him are in hers.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.

FORT Fan

Alex is a very bad actress. Simon is still a douchebag.
    Trust Me!

I feel sad that Courtney is being judged so harshly. To me, she behaves in every way shape and manner the a victim of sexual abuse behaves. The over sexualization of her body, the overt sexual remarks, the exhibitionist nature, the `little giggly girl`behavior. What kind of parents agree to having their 16 year old girl marry a fifty one year old man. There is something very very very wrong here. She is def playing a part she honestly believes is the only option for her. Its instinct on my part. Somewhere along the way in her chidhood and teen years previous to this marriage someone did something to her and not just once. She needs to get herself into a private program-something is so very wrong and I see very bad things for her if she doesnt get help or find someone she can trust. I dont know anyone else on the show except Alex and Simon.
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

I tend to zone out during the Alex/Simon stuff, think Ive just had too much of them.
    I agree with the Courtney thing, maybe she wasnt molested, so she isnt lying...but SOMEthing happened in her life to lead to her acting this way.

What else was Shayne on besides the bachelor? I saw her on some other reality show and she was so negative then too. Part of her reaction to Courtney seems to be jealousy that the attention isnt on her, imo. I myself wouldnt like how Courtney "flaunts" but it seems Shayne has become obsessed with that as opposed to working on her problems. Im glad the therapist calls her out on her stuff.

Tiny and JoJo, havent seen too much of them but I hope that Tiny can stick by her words that she will leave if he doesnt stop drinking.

I havent seen enough of Too Short to know whats going on with them, tho I know of how he is "portrayed" in the hip hop world. When this show is on I tend to flip at commercials so Im not sure I have just missed things with them or if they havent been shown much. Didnt think I would get into this season, but I have!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread