+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Life After Top Chef (Bravo, Wednesdays 10PM)

Re: Life After Top Chef (Bravo, Wednesdays 10PM)

I love Fabio the rest not so much. Jen has failures because she is a negative Nellie. Jen gives off negative vibes and that's what she is getting back,nothing. Fabio lives life and rolls with the punches he doesn't take himself too seriously. Richard needs to listen to Fabio and not sacrifice his family for some fame. Richards wife needs to realize his work is what affords her a nanny.
    sparklete likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Richards marriage is in jeopardy. I raised two children married to a man with a demanding career which involved traveling. I did just fine. I accepted the situation and rolled with it. AND I worked!

Fabio is precious, to be sure, but I would not want to be married to him. Alex was NOT freaking out, he assumed she was because of his experience with his first wife, no doubt.

Spike would be as successful as he is now without his stint on TC. He is part of a very solid, productive restaurent family. He contributes but I dont' see more than any other family memeber. They are a well oiled machine.

Jen is a walking example of the law of attraction. What you put out you get back. Not as a punishment but rather an energy exchange. It is physics. You get what you think and belive.

Richard is stretching himself pretty thin, but of all the chefs he seems to be the one in a position to do so to further his career, after winning All-Stars. I'm not seeing the difference now, where he's away for a few days and back, to when he went off to do Top Chef twice and was gone for over a month at a time. I'm sure it's hard on his wife to shoulder more of the home/family burdens while he's trying to get more established, but this is the time where he has to go for it. If he doesn't put in the time now, he won't reach the kind of success where he can have control over his own schedule and still manage his career.

Maybe he should get more advice from Tom Colicchio, he seems to be able to be everywhere at once and still have a family...
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I was somewhat disappointed with Fabio this episode. He is such a Type A personality, I think he's a heart attack waiting to happen. I've also heard more than enough about his ex-wife. She probably has her tales to tell, also, but mostly, you're divorced now, Fabio, move on. I'd still take one of his cooking classes.

Jen was a little more appealing this episode in the way she cared for her mother. It showed a side to her I don't remember seeing before.

I see a divorce in the future for Richard and Jazmin. He's a very good chef, but I've always found him quite overbearing from his first appearance on Top Chef. He rarely had a good word to say about any of his competitors' abilities.

I'm in the minority because I've always enjoyed Spike. I think he created an exaggerated version of himself on Top Chef so that he would be noticed and it worked. So does his family; they have their own dynamic that works for them, though outsiders probably see it as dysfunctional.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I was somewhat disappointed with Fabio this episode. He is such a Type A personality, I think he's a heart attack waiting to happen. I've also heard more than enough about his ex-wife. She probably has her tales to tell, also, but mostly, you're divorced now, Fabio, move on. I'd still take one of his cooking classes.

Jen was a little more appealing this episode in the way she cared for her mother. It showed a side to her I don't remember seeing before.

I see a divorce in the future for Richard and Jazmin. He's a very good chef, but I've always found him quite overbearing from his first appearance on Top Chef. He rarely had a good word to say about any of his competitors' abilities.

I'm in the minority because I've always enjoyed Spike. I think he created an exaggerated version of himself on Top Chef so that he would be noticed and it worked. So does his family; they have their own dynamic that works for them, though outsiders probably see it as dysfunctional.
    I agree with everything you said.

I love the black t-shirt Spike has been wearing...it says "Blasian...(then the phoenetic spelling). Any individual possessing a fixation toward liquid nitrogen, sous vide, or faux hawks." He's worn it a few times and I have to laugh whenever I see it- mainly because it is so true!
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123