+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Life After Top Chef (Bravo, Wednesdays 10PM)

Re: Life After Top Chef (Bravo, Wednesdays 10PM)

It wasn't the most entertaining cooking show I've seen, but I'll probably dvr it and watch again.

I've always liked Spike and Fabio and still do. I've admired Richard's abilities, but have never liked him. I liked Jen at the beginning of her first season, but less and less as the season went on. Her departure from the all star season was dreadful. She's another one with good cooking skills, but a terrible attitude, and I'm inclined to fast forward through her scenes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

I was very excited for this show, but after watching 1 episode I'm done.

Spike.......WOW he just oozes arrogance and not in a good way.

Jennifer....put on your big girl panties and quit whining. You're on national tv. Grow up!!

Richard....honestly I'm tired of hearing about his wife and kids. Everyone has to make tough choices in life. Sometimes, sorry to say, you can't have it all.

Fabio...he's my favorite, but really that's not saying much considering how much I dislike the other 3.

I liked the show, but it's definitely a companion show for TC fans. I wonder if anyone who's never seen TC would get as much out of this.

Jen is fascinating...everyone has always talked about her with such fear and respect and awe, but on TV we've seen her hit some pretty spectacular lows. I wonder if she'll someday wonder if being on TV has been worth it for her.

Always happy to see Richard & Fabio, they've become a surrealist comedy team. And Spike is still Spike, sometimes he wears me down with his charm and sometimes I just think he's a douche. But seeing him battle with his family is hilarious, since we now get to see how he became the way he is.

Nice filler show to tide us over till the new season starts. I hope they do it again next year with 4 other chefs.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

If you are tried of Top Chef and Bravo check out BBC America's Chef Race on Tuesday nights. 16 Chefs. Team UK vs Team US race across America cooking. The prize $100,000.
    Shoepie and Allie like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    If you are tried of Top Chef and Bravo check out BBC America's Chef Race on Tuesday nights. 16 Chefs. Team UK vs Team US race across America cooking. The prize $100,000.
    I just found it, Bearcata, and have two episodes set to record. I'm eager to take a look.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I enjoyed the show...most likely because I'm suffering withdrawal until Nov 5 when the new Top Chef starts.
    Fabio was probably just born a charmer and always will be....and I have always liked his way of making simple but excellent food.
    Spike drives me nuts but now I realize why he's such a spoiled baby of the family.
    What the heck is up with Jen's new hair, including long extensions? She's very attractive but I liked her "natural" look a lot better. Bombshell Blonde hair just doesn't work on her. JMHO
    Richard, Richard, Richard....I don't think he's happy unless he's unhappy.
    I'm confused about the problem with his wife.....I'm assuming from their discussions that they both have careers and each thinks the other should do more of the child care....I hope I'm wrong.
    I would think if you had two people with serious career ambitions, you would have some arrangements for your kids, or maybe not have had kids, or at least talked about it before they got married.
    Hopefully, I'm wrong about this.
    Something is not working and altho difficult, others have made a 2-career marriage with children work.

I had no idea this was on! Anyone know if they are airing it in Canada and if so, what channel? If not I'll have to do some searching around... I love anything to do with Top Chef. Funny, Richard Blais was a judge on Top Chef Canada last season and I was thinking, sheesh, this guy needs to stop showing up on every cooking show!! Maybe if he didn't agree to do stuff like that he'd have more time at home?

I didn't like Spike before and after watching this now I like him even less and would honestly go out of my way to not eat at one of his eateries. Not that I'm going to be in the neighborhood.

Jen just kind of seems like she's floundering. Almost like she tried to make a jump too fast to the big time after the show without necessarily paying enough dues under her former employer. The repeated mentions of who her former employer is (first and last name) is kind of annoying too. Like she's trying to pimp herself out on TV to anyone that will have her.

Richard. Ugh. And his wife... double ugh. I grew up with a chef as a father. He worked in weird places. Depending on where he was I didn't get to see him a lot sometimes. That's the reality of the life he's chosen. And that's the man she married and procreated with. And in this economy realistically if she wants to keep being able to pay a nanny to care for their children she may want to consider that he's going to have to work and his work involves long hours and not being at home all the time. He needs to make a choice family or this life he's chosen. Ultimately my dad ended up choosing family.

Fabio I always liked. He's just kind of in his own orb doing his own thing and it works for him. I'm sure there's ample drama in his life but unlike the others he just seems to roll with it. Those who aren't rolling with it like Jen and Richard seem to really be struggling.
    Dragonlady likes this.

FORT Fogey

Spike just joined his family business. Being on TC probably boosted it a bit but I see it as a run of the mill Italian joint with the usual fare.

What career does Richard's wife Jazmin have? I googled but didn't find it.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-09-2012 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Spike just joined his family business. Being on TC probably boosted it a bit but I see it as a run of the mill Italian joint with the usual fare.

What career does Richard's wife Jazmin have? I googled but didn't find it.
    I did chuckle a little about when they were teasing Spike about cooking fries etc. I agree with an earlier comment about his arrogance not being attractive and his whole stardom hang up.

I was wondering about Jazmin too. I'm still bothered that she's just kind of detached from his reality. And I think that's my own personal bias because I dated someone like that when I was starting out of my career which meant I had days and days of erratic and long hours. Trips to places etc. I was struggling to build a career and I had someone who was perfectly happy to spend my money and go to the fancy places but complained whenever the hard work didn't suit his schedule. That relationship ended because once can't have it both ways like she seems to want and like my ex really wanted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast