+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Secret Princes TLC

FORT Fan

Secret Princes TLC

I started watching TLC Secret Princes and as i found out that Breaking Amish is fake I decided to look these guys up. Anyway the English Lord Robert Walters is a stripper. Here's the link:

Interview: Lord Robert Walters of Here Come The Boys (From This Is Lancashire)

Re: Secret Princes TLC

oh, yuck!
    once again I find myself duped by these shows....always succumbing in the beginning to think it's something other than trash, all packaged to look really good.
    I love how these people try to say that things are not what they are...like "it's not a strip show" even tho they end up taking off their clothes...kind of like strippers who call themselves exotic dancers.
    I'm so gullible...still...even at this advanced age!

FORT Fan

FORT Fogey

I just watched the show this morning and came directly here to see if anyone found out the scoop. It was painfully obvious there was dirt to be found.

Networks are fighting to get reality viewers but do they really think we are stupid? The first episode was unbearably lame and transparent.
    NFL1 and Allie like this.

Agreed, Shoepie.

Yeah, I checked it out, but after ten, maybe fifteen or twenty minutes in, I was OUT.

What turned me off was when they were giving thumbnail sketches of each of the men. The show is titled "Secret Princes", but at least TWO of the "Princes" have generic noble TITLES, rather than being actually titled as "Prince" by birth or marriage.

OK, I'll lay claim to perhaps being too nitpicky about that little fact. But, to me, from what I understand about noble titles, it's possible to be a "Lord" or "Honorable", and not be anywhere NEAR actually being a prince by birth or marriage.

Anyone who knows better, please feel free to correct me.

But until a correction comes up, that's my take on it. And, to me, to title a show "Secret Princes", yet only two of the four gentlemen involved really ARE princes, reads as just another example of misdirection and semantics-playing by TLC.

Personally, I think TPTB @ TLC have lost their collective mind.

They CERTAINLY are guilty of trying to play its viewers for fools, at the very least.

And being DESPERATE for viewers, too.
    NFL1, JunkieGirl and Allie like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Personally, I think TPTB @ TLC have lost their collective mind.

They CERTAINLY are guilty of trying to play its viewers for fools, at the very least.

And being DESPERATE for viewers, too.
    Ness, you always say what I am thinking and express it much more eloquently!

I have to admit that Saturday is the only day I watch TLC. I love watching Dateline:Real Mysteries or 20/20 on TLC. I love true crime shows.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

How low can we go? I shouldn't ask, should I?

The one from Spain is way to hot to be a prince.

I actually watched this and I liked the show. They should have a crossover show where the "princes" judge a toddler beauty pagent or meet the Honey Boo boos.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    OK, I'll lay claim to perhaps being too nitpicky about that little fact. But, to me, from what I understand about noble titles, it's possible to be a "Lord" or "Honorable", and not be anywhere NEAR actually being a prince by birth or marriage.
    I know, didn't Scott Disick get a Lord title in one of the Kardashians episodes?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast