+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Secret Princes TLC

Re: Secret Princes TLC

Ludo's butler says, "Okay, dinner's ready." Really? That's how they announce dinner in posh circles these days?
    And Rob's stepbrother says that his parents would prefer that Rob's wife had attended a school like Eton, which is an all-boys school, if I recall correctly?
    Someone on another board posted a link from Tripadvisor showing that Sal's "palace" was a family run hotel, with Sal and his sister at the helm. Several people in the reviews did mentioned how nice Sal and his sister were, though.
    That, and some of the other fake stuff notwithstanding, I would like an update, too!

I enjoyed this show too. It wasn't gross. I liked Ludo up until he was on his home turf. He seemed really sheltered and awkward. The girl was right that he had no drive and he should have defended her in front of his horrible friends. I hope he learned something about how to treat women. He just seemed to expect that as soon as she visited his large house their relationship was a done deal. Sal seems sheltered and very innocent about love. I felt bad for Alison. He can't just fall in love with someone so very different from himself and his parents and just expect love to conquer all; especially if she has to live with his parents.
    nanarama likes this.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I also enjoyed the show - and the fact that it was filmed in my beautiful Atlanta made it more fun!

I concur that "Waldo" was a #$%@! So immature and clueless. And, "Dinner is served in the dining room, okay?" What the heck?

My vote for the couple most likely to succeed is Cisco and what's her face. However, I'm trying to figure out how they met since she said she lives an hour north of the city and the guys lived closer in - I imagined near Grant Park, but I could be wrong. Sooo how did she happen in to their Memorila Day Party? That wasn't clear.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    I enjoyed this show too. It wasn't gross. I liked Ludo up until he was on his home turf. He seemed really sheltered and awkward. The girl was right that he had no drive and he should have defended her in front of his horrible friends. I hope he learned something about how to treat women. He just seemed to expect that as soon as she visited his large house their relationship was a done deal. Sal seems sheltered and very innocent about love. I felt bad for Alison. He can't just fall in love with someone so very different from himself and his parents and just expect love to conquer all; especially if she has to live with his parents.
    Ludo's friends were awful, and he seemed to think their behavior was acceptable. Now, I don't travel in the sort of circles he does, but I can't imagine a situation in which it's appropriate for your first conversational salvo at a dinner with someone you've just met is to ask if her boobs are real. They seemed to delight in embarrassing her, and I'm glad she didn't just sit there and take it and that she didn't let Ludo excuse their behavior later. No, she probably wouldn't, as one of the women said, fit in with their friends, and good for her that she wouldn't.

I didn't really think Sal had a chance. He was way too intent on pushing that relationship toward marriage as fast as humanly possible without seeming to think for a moment about the huge changes he was asking her to make in her life for a person she'd not known all that long--leaving her job, her family, her friends etc. for life in an entirely different culture where the expectations for what she'd be doing as Sal's wife were much different than the expectations she had for her life. And, while they basically danced around the issue, there might be religious differences as well as cultural differences there too--I don't know that there were, but there could have been. I suppose there could have been with the rest of the couples too, though.

I really liked Cisco's mom and her comment about nobility being what's in your heart rather than the crown on your head. It was also pretty clear that while Cisco is well off, he's not living in a castle, and he seemed a little more aware that not everyone was as financially fortune as he was. I liked that Cisco and his mom seemed fine with Jasmine (I hope I got the name right) having a child without having ever been married as well. Moreover, Cisco seemed to be willing to take things slow and see how the relationship grew as opposed to expecting an immediate marriage or for her to just drop everything and join him in Spain. I have no idea if they'll be able to make it as a couple anyway, but at least they're both taking the time to find out before making a commitment, which is especially important when a child's involved.
    nanarama likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Because of the negative advanced notoriety of the show (i.e the pseudo-princes) I didn't watch any of the episodes except the finale, but I'm so glad I did watch the finale because I LOVED it! And I would love to see an "After the Final Rose" type of follow up show too. But, at least we got to see the ladies in Europe and India, and were, at least able to see what transpired there. I think that Cisco and Camille might have a real chance at a relationship, as well as Rob and Jasmine. I hope we'll get some updates from the pop culture sources on-line or in the magazines.

PS Although I don't like the fact that TLC was dishonest about much of this show, I DID APPRECIATE that the network didn't try to skew the storylines into having fake "fairy tales" endings for all of the couples, and at least with Ludo and Sal, allowed their ladies be real, and react to their situations exactly as they felt they should.
    nanarama likes this.

Hi girls. i just started to watch the first episode, was really looking forward to it, but it felt so fake. Especially when the Indian prince is riding in a taxi and wants to ask someone outside the way who starts to cuss him out. It was so stupid cause why would there be a camera filming from outside the car? I remembered 2 or 3 other shows like this. Loved the first but the latter also turned out fake. I hate fake reality.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I can't believe there's a Season 2!!! And it's starting Friday Oct. 25th. Oh jeez!
    Punkin likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I just watched the first episode of the new season. I enjoyed it. Even if these guys weren't any kind of princes or royalty - just regular upper or upper-middle class guys - I still find it entertaining to see how they interact together, what their stereotypes are of Americans, how they react to new things, having to work to make money for a date, etc. It's always a long shot on any of these shows for a lasting relationship to develop, but I enjoy watching the low-key dates on this show more than the over-the-top dates on The Bachelor/ette.

I didn't know there were descendants of the de Medici family today. Wow. You can't get much more royal than that unless one of the princes was a direct descendant of Henry VIII or something.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I didn't know there were descendants of the de Medici family today. Wow. You can't get much more royal than that unless one of the princes was a direct descendant of Henry VIII or something.
    I read online somewhere that the de Medici guy is fluent in several languages. To me, that's impressive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast