+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Secret Princes TLC

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Secret Princes TLC

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I know, didn't Scott Disick get a Lord title in one of the Kardashians episodes?
    Yes, Scott Disick DID arrange to get himself a 'lord' title when he went over to London on one of the Kardashian episodes. And he's not even British, which makes it all the more ridiculous!!! There's also been several other times on reality tv when titles have been shown to have be "bestowed" on someone NOT of royal birth, for example on The Bachelor they had "Prince" Lorenzo Borghese on the show --- and it came out that the Borghese family had been given their titles in the 1600s by the Pope. Also, what about Countess LuAnne's ex-husband? And of course, Kate Middleton is now 'royalty' following her marriage to a royal. But at least these people didn't just arbitrarily go out and buy themselves a title ---

FORT Fan

Haha, I just watched the latest episode of Secret Princes, and I was sure I recognized one of the places they were drinking at. Sure enough, Peachtree Tavern/Moondogs/Hole in the Wall. Not exactly a place to pick up the marriage-minded. I've been in Peachtree Tavern many a time for concerts, and it's usually either Tech/State students or people who are looking to get wasted/enjoy a concert. It's actually grimy enough that I try to avoid touching things in there, I'm surprised those guys thought it was worth the effort. Although they do seem to just be trying to hit up the most gullible girls in Atlanta.

I think it was horrible Cisco completely dismissed that one girl for being divorced. The Catholic Church does allow remarriage if there was an annulment. My parents had to get my mom one so they could be married in the church, and it was mostly a matter of money. If he's really rich, it wouldn't be a problem with the Church, just his own hangups.

My problem with this show is that the guys are lying to any girl they date. I don't care if a guy is rich or poor, but if he was lying about so many fundamental things, I'd be pissed. I wonder if any of the girls here are going to have that reaction or if they're going to be so star struck at the idea of dating a (faux) prince

FORT Fogey

Since it's TLC, there's no way I could believe true royalty, no matter how desperate, would agree to do a show on the freak show channel. Sure enough, this blogger who researches royal lineage provides the real story on the people TLC wants us to believe are royal.

Royal Musings: "Secret Princes" - Spare me ...

Like the deception of Breaking Amish, TLC assumes Americans will accept this show at face value and anything that sounds like a legitimate title must be real. And no wonder, when Honey Boob Tube has a faithful following.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

FORT Newbie

I guess I'm in the minority as I'm enjoying this series. I think the English Lord and Cisco are hot and I enjoy looking at them! Call me sexist, but hey. I wonder what the families are going to say if they bring these women home to meet mom?

FORT Fogey

I think it's kind of bizarre that all these guys just seem to be assuming that the women they're dating will be thrilled to find out they're princes (or whatever). You look at how royalty and marriages work out, and you don't always see a lot of successes. Plus, the guys don't seem to be considering that these young women are American and presumably have friends, family, jobs etc. here that they may not necessarily be all that eager to dump just to be with them. Personally, I'd also be worried about my citizenship. It's not that I'm some gung-ho Americans are superior to everyone else type, but I still would be concerned about whether I could maintain my citizenship, have to take on dual citizenship, or take on the guy's citizenship in the case of marrying actual royalty (which I realize these guys aren't, not in a very important sense anyway).

FORT Fan

Well, for me, if some guy said "I've been lying about my name, job, family, interests, and everything else, but it's okay because I'm really a prince!" I'd probably slap him and walk away. In my mind, there is nothing to cancel out that much lying and I'd never be able to trust him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    Well, for me, if some guy said "I've been lying about my name, job, family, interests, and everything else, but it's okay because I'm really a prince!" I'd probably slap him and walk away. In my mind, there is nothing to cancel out that much lying and I'd never be able to trust him.
    Oh, I agree, but it's almost like these guys think that's forgivable, because what woman doesn't want to marry (or at least be involved with) a prince? They seem to be forgetting that there's been an awful lot of coverage in the media indicating that being involved with a prince isn't necessarily all that peachy. Maybe some of these women would prefer not to be involved with all that mess, particularly considering that none of them have known these guys very long. So aside from the lying, it's just not necessarily the greatest deal in the world for the women.

I do think it would be pretty funny if at least one of the women laid all that out for the guy in question, making it clear to him that it's not every woman's dream to marry royalty, at least not once she's past the age of Disney princess outfits.

I'd feel kind of manipulated by all those lies I think. I never was comfortable with the premise of this show becaus eof that.

I stopped watching this show.
    The guys are really not very appealing....particularly, and I do understand why, their attitudes of entitlement....seeing that they are all "Titled."
    It's just very boring to me...good idea on paper but........

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

I really enjoyed the show. I especially liked getting to know the edited versions of Cisco, Rob and Sal. I never quite warmed up to Ludo. I also am curious what will happen with the relationships of Cisco/Camille and Rob and Jasmine. I also felt really badly for Sal...he seemed so heartbroken when Alison just wanted to be friends. Maybe I am alone, but I enjoyed this series, and would like an update. Thanks
    Karey
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast