+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Hotel Hell

Re: Hotel Hell

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    We watched the Roosevelt Inn episode last night. We plan to visit Idaho within the next year or so, and looked it up to see how things are going there. Apparently the owner - there was a veiled allusion to this during the show - has anger management problems. I googled for details and found out that last year the local power company gave them a 24-hour turn-off notice for the past due amount of over $3,000. The owner mentioned the word "gun" when he advised the power company guy to NOT come back the next day to shut off the power. Owner was sent to the hospital for a few days, and no charges were filed. But yikes!

The Roosevelt:
    YES, he was ODD. All that Sherlock Holmes nonsense when the Hotel is failing all over the place and their only profit was $200.00 for the evening.

And then he said Gordon's accent was fake and not nearly as good as HIS when he puts on his Sherlock hat … ya, very odd.

The wife … she needs help. She allowed the husband to walk all over her. Ugh.

Although, Gordon really did a lovely job on the Hotel. ESP that new ballroom so they could have weddings and no more of that Sherlock nonsense.

Now the FIRST hour of the show …
    River Rock Inn: …. those people seemed really nice and really wanted to turn the Inn around.
    AZChristian likes this.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Do people call all moderately-sized insects 'roaches'? That was clearly a box elder bug....still gross....and maybe I know too much about critters. I've got a nature-loving friend who has me up on types of bugs.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    The Roosevelt:
    YES, he was ODD. All that Sherlock Holmes nonsense when the Hotel is failing all over the place and their only profit was $200.00 for the evening.
    And then he said Gordon's accent was fake and not nearly as good as HIS when he puts on his Sherlock hat … ya, very odd.
    He reminded me of Count Olaf from A Series of Unfortunate Events. He's just that INSANE.

The wife … she needs help. She allowed the husband to walk all over her. Ugh.
    Saddest part about the show for me. When I realized they had this place for 13 years (!), I couldn't believe it. For whom do you live in HELL for 13 years and then smile and say I love you when he simply apologizes? She's as crazy as he is!

Now the FIRST hour of the show …
    River Rock Inn: …. those people seemed really nice and really wanted to turn the Inn around.
    Agreed!
    ness and momrek06 like this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I should add, out of curiosity, I just checked the trip advisor reviews for the Roosevelt.

VERY STRANGE that the majority are hugely positive... and this goes back a few years. It was rated third for bed and breakfasts in the area and seemed quite loved by the clients who visited. So, what gives?

A few possibilities... it was made to look worse than it is for tv, the owners have a few accounts so they can give their hotel some (many) positive reviews to bump it's average, or ???

Just very strange.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I should add, out of curiosity, I just checked the trip advisor reviews for the Roosevelt.

VERY STRANGE that the majority are hugely positive... and this goes back a few years. It was rated third for bed and breakfasts in the area and seemed quite loved by the clients who visited. So, what gives?

A few possibilities... it was made to look worse than it is for tv, the owners have a few accounts so they can give their hotel some (many) positive reviews to bump it's average, or ???

Just very strange.
    I will basically say that this is taken with a grain of salt - unfortunately "reviews" are written by staff and owners all the time to promote their business and reduce the amount of negative reviews.

And given how delusional the owner was at that time - I'd really consider the created reviews. He had the imagination for it.

Or most didn't know what was in their beds - I mean I expect the bed itself (mattress/boxsprings) to possibly have many years removed residue of bodily fluids but NOT the linens themselves.

Oh, for those wondering about last week's hotel (The Keating) the place was almost as hard and tough as the owner's car (which was what he based the design on). The restaurant also was NOT connected to the hotel, and roomservice looked like takeout (and apparently tasted even worse).

He stressed out his workers through giving them all these ideas and demanding they be enacted. This caused the chef in particular to become so stressed (he had 150 dishes to create) he passed out while talking to Ramsay.

I do agree with Ramsay, the owner had NO RIGHT to blame the chef's fainting on Ramsay. The guy would've done it even if the cameras and Ramsay weren't there. What I liked was seeing how much care Ramsay had for the chef during that - when he interviewed him the next day (the chef had been dehydrated and stressed mildly) he had no cameras inside - and later on showing him how to make these dishes. It had an impact because the chef was crying in happiness seeing he could cook again and have fun.

They turned it around and hopefully it works out.

Of note though - only one room - the one Ramsay slept in - was redesigned as was the check-in. The other rooms, based on their site, were not nor was mentioned as to why.

That Roosevelt guy wasn't just ODD (LOVE YA, momrek!) . . .

He was a freakin', flat-out, 14-carat FOOL!

The dinner theater? The Sherlock delusions? Saying HIS accent was better than Ramsay's?

Whoah.

And his wife?

I'm with the rest of you that say love is love, but WHEN DOES REALITY COME INTO PLAY?

I dunno. Maybe the dinner theater/play MIGHT'VE been OK if they'd been doing well, had people that were actually local actors, or something.

I'm just throwing that in 'cause I like dinner theater (yes, I'm a pig; I ADMIT it!).

But it DEFINITELY didn't work in THAT hotel, with them losing the kind of money they were losing, and the crazy owner inserting himself into it.

Good thing Gordo's doing this show, I think.

It's nice to see a warmer, more human side of him.
    momrek06 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    That Roosevelt guy wasn't just ODD (LOVE YA, momrek!) . . .

He was a freakin', flat-out, 14-carat FOOL!

The dinner theater? The Sherlock delusions? Saying HIS accent was better than Ramsay's?

Whoah.

And his wife?

I'm with the rest of you that say love is love, but WHEN DOES REALITY COME INTO PLAY?

I dunno. Maybe the dinner theater/play MIGHT'VE been OK if they'd been doing well, had people that were actually local actors, or something.

I'm just throwing that in 'cause I like dinner theater (yes, I'm a pig; I ADMIT it!).

But it DEFINITELY didn't work in THAT hotel, with them losing the kind of money they were losing, and the crazy owner inserting himself into it.

Good thing Gordo's doing this show, I think.

It's nice to see a warmer, more human side of him.

I always LOVE reading ALL your posts, ness!!!!! And right back atcha, lovie!

Yes, I love everything 'Gordo'!!!!!
    shyra and ness like this.
    KAREN

OK, FoRTERS!!!

Let's HEAR it for GORDO!!!!!!!!!!!!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Liked the River Rock Inn episode hope the owner really managed to stop micromanaging. I have one now and he drives me crazy.

As for love. The best quote I ever saw about love was a female guest on the Montel Williams show complaining about some loser boyfriend. Either Montel or one of the other girls said, "just because you love him does not mean you have to marry him" or be with him. I thought that was one of the smartest things I had ever heard.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast