+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Hotel Hell

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Hotel Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I watched the premiere and I must have missed that. When did he say that? Also I know Gordon was not impressed with all the stuff they have but I didn't see anyone apraise anything.
    It was during the second part of the premiere. Some of the staff members told Gordon, and when he confronted Robert, R said it was because "he did half of their work, so he deserved half of the tips." Then it came up that some of Robert's friends had stayed there FREE, and hadn't tipped anyone then. Gordon made Robert call his friends about it while Gordon sat there, and two of the people he spoke with said, "We gave you the money for tips." So in those cases, he took ALL of the tip money.

They did have an appraiser come in, who told them the stuff they thought was worth $150,000 was worth "maybe" $25,000. And the ugly picture they were so proud of was a copy and - to quote the appraiser "not a very good one."

Hotel Hell part 1 was on last week and this week is supposed to be part 2?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Hotel Hell part 1 was on last week and this week is supposed to be part 2?
    Part 2 was on last Tuesday. This is a new one tonight
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Part 2 was on last Tuesday. This is a new one tonight
    Thank you Fox network for somehow not informing me.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    It was during the second part of the premiere. Some of the staff members told Gordon, and when he confronted Robert, R said it was because "he did half of their work, so he deserved half of the tips." Then it came up that some of Robert's friends had stayed there FREE, and hadn't tipped anyone then. Gordon made Robert call his friends about it while Gordon sat there, and two of the people he spoke with said, "We gave you the money for tips." So in those cases, he took ALL of the tip money.

They did have an appraiser come in, who told them the stuff they thought was worth $150,000 was worth "maybe" $25,000. And the ugly picture they were so proud of was a copy and - to quote the appraiser "not a very good one."
    My favorite had to be the part where he said "they don't have to work here". Really, buddy? Without employees you don't have a business. They at least deserve to be paid on time and treated with a little respect.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Robert and Ari seemed quite dimwitted and I wonder if there was much of a change...

I'm liking this show and while YES Ramsay needs to watch his mouth, he seems to really TRULY enjoy these shows more than "Hell's Kitchen" because the people seem to appreciate his tips and criticism more - at least long term. It's the same with "Masterchef" - he really seems a lot happier in his expressions and mannerism (though again... language dampens that a bit.)

Last week's hotel was just... wow, if I caught my boss doing that to me, I'd sue him, and was surprised none did.

This week's when Ramsay showed them a HUGE GLARING safety issue, that sobered them up quickly. That was good.
    Moontat likes this.

Does anyone know how the finances are handled on these programs (Hotel Hell and Kitchen Nightmares)? Does Ramsay end up with a percentage ownership or interest for what he or his producers have "donated"?

I'm watching this only because my husband will watch anything with Ramsey, but please spare us from having to see him in nothing but a towel ever again.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

They boiled the food in bags?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread