+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Gallery Girls - on Bravo

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Gallery Girls - on Bravo

Have you guys seen Bravo's new show The Gallery Girls? (http://www.bravotv.com/gallery-girls/) I kinda liked the first episode. It reminded me very much of MTV's "The City" (except that show focused on the NYC fashion world and this one focuses on NYC's art gallery world). And the first episode was sort of a cross between the Real Housewives and Sex and the City. I'm curious to see how the show develops.

Gallery Girls

I like little pieces of this one: (1) showing that running a business is not easy (2) the Asian girl questing for men but saying that she has never had an orgasm. (3) seeing the over lipsticked over eyebrowed girl without makeup, (4) telling the guy that he needed to buy them mire macaromni and cheese.
    jeaninelaurie likes this.
    You can do it!

Re: Gallery Girls

I have a lot of friends who work in that world and NONE of them are like these girls. I can't decide which group I find MORE insufferable. Each time one group is on screen, I think they're the worst....until the other group gets screen time.

I think my least favorite is the Brooklyn girl - Chantal?...the whispery one with the eyebrows? - who doesn't seem to care at all that her friend is in the hole to her parents for $15K. Such a little snot.

The owner of the gallery - Eli - is such a jackass. He's so arrogant and over-the-top that I'd like to think it's an act, but I know it's not.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Okay. I think this is the show that I am the most embarrassed to say that I have watched. (2 episodes so far) LOL I blame it on the lack of quality programming over the summer.

It's so bizarre. I'm not sure what to make of a lot of it. It also makes me regret that I didn't go to NYC at their age and take the city by storm. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I could have done much better in every way than most of these girls. Are they the ones who are getting it right? Oh my. I do admire the girl who's working and doing an internship. I hope she makes it.

Have you noticed the posture of the brunette girls? All except the Asian girl, are bent over like an 80 year old lady. Why can't they stand up straight?

I can't stand the fake voice of Chantel. It's like she copied Kim Kardashian. Her personality is also the worst.

Re: GALLERY GIRLS - on Bravo

Hey, there is another thread on this show, I think. I just posted on it. Hopefully, they will merge them! And yes, I'm watching.

The Blonde must tell us who her father is to explain why she us better than everyone else
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    The Blonde must tell us who her father is to explain why she us better than everyone else
    She did talk about who her dad is. He's a BIG deal art collector. MAJOR: The Margulies Collection at the Warehouse
    He's not really better than anyone else in the real world, but in that world, he kind of is. He's probably one of the only people Eli Klein would deign to speak to without looking completely down his nose.

Eli's such an arrogant p-----, but he did have the best line in the premiere: "I'm happy for you that you got to meet me."
    Lizard likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

How are these young ladies reflecting the art community in NYC? I wonder if they think they are coming off as okay.

They don't strike me as having too much self-awareness. I'm sure they think they're FABulous. Like I mentioned upthread, I have friends in that world and they all think it's hilarious. Gallery internships look good on your resume, but they are not cushy jobs. You have to WORK. Sometimes that means painting the gallery or hanging art or even cleaning the bathroom.

I couldn't believe that Liz actually had the nerve to tell Eli that she didn't want to do the task he'd assigned her. Then she says she only wants to do things that she can do sitting down. I don't hold anyone's upbringing against them, but I find that level of entitlement really offensive. When she talked about how she'd just whine to her father if Eli made her work too hard, I just wanted someone to smack her. Thousands of people would KILL for an internship with Eli Klein. She gets one and all she can do is complain.

For me, it's a toss up between Liz and Chantal as to which is the most annoying.

I've got it recorded, but the promos make me think I'll hate it. I'm really struggling with all these series featuring young women (The Bachelor, Beverly Hills Nannies, HBO's "Girls") because I hate the way they talk. They all talk like babies with creaky voices. It's a generational thing that most people don't even hear. But to me this speech affectation is like nails on a blackboard, and it has spread like an annoying virus to television commercials as well. It's like having to listen to the Kardashians 24/7. There's even a website about it.

Squibbage: The Creaky Voice Craze

So if I can get past thinking the women sound like idiots I might be able to enjoy this show.
    Dragonlady and Debb70 like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast