+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Gallery Girls - on Bravo

Re: Gallery Girls - on Bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Great article on what happened to the girls after the show --- although I was really disappointed that neither Maggie nor Chantal answered any of the questions. I would love to hear their take on the show and their castmates.
    Maggie answered the questions. The only one who didn't was Chantal.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I haven't watched the finale, but one thing I noticed about Maggie was that she seemed extremely helpless all the time. She just couldn't seem to assert herself even against real provocation, like Eli's asking her to count the pebbles. That was such as insulting request-- and to be honest, I think he might have been testing, cynically, to see if she would object to anything.

Her issues might neediness, and having a passive personality as well a childlike belief that she 'll eventually get what she wants if she can charm some (somewhat) older, more powerful guy into giving it to her just because she's so cute. That would lead to never challenging the person,but depending on her shy smile, hair flipping. I noticed that in her interview with the gallery owner. Her answers to the assistant's and his question were just so vague--as if she had no clue what an employer looks-- eg, knowledge of the business and art aspects of running a gallery, in particular his gallery (which requires doing a little homework first) being sharp, and and having enough energy and verve to show initiative with the whor. Her explanation of why she hadn't gotten a job with Eli, suggesting that he didn't think particularly well of her-- seemed just so pathetic. I was surprised that she got a second interview.

But I'll have to wait til I see the finale before I draw any final conclusions about her interest in the job. She certainly seemed to want it, despite not having any special reasons other than desperation.

I'm not sure how it happens, but there are kids who grow up in homes where they are not taught basic things, such as how to address people, how to show respect, how to show initiative, etc. I know a few people like that. I also recall being in college and hearing multiple times from the professors that their most important job was to teach the student how to use "independent thought." I remember thinking that was so crazy. How could that be? Certainly college students know this. Well, after I finished my education and then had my own employees, I understood exactly what they meant. Some people have NO idea how to think for themselves or figure things out. It's sad. Even people with college degrees sometimes are clueless about basic things.

When Chantel was complaining about Claudia not going out and networking and promoting the gallery, it seemed as if this was information that Chantel was keeping secret. Why? If Chantel has this great marketing idea, why not put it on paper and share it with Claudia? Holding her idea as secrect and then complaining that Claudia didn' t do it, seems very odd. It's almost like she didn't want the EoC to do well.

Can someone remind me what Chantel's boyfriend does for a living? Does he support himself and her?
    Cornholio likes this.

I agree with the thought the Chantal might have somehow been hoping the gallery would fail-- for some twisted reason. I noticed the same withholding of useful information from Claudia when they were doing the pop-up show at Art Basil. It was as if Chantal noticed that Claudia didn't have a full understanding of how it worked if you used a gallery space-- that they didn't supply easels, etc-- but wasn't sharing it with Claudia, so that Claudia could then fail-- and Chantal could somehow walk away scotfree.

I have this feeling that at first, she wanted the gallery-- but when it seemed that Claudia was more of a go-getter, or had more ideas about certain aspects of it, or that she, Chantal, wasn't going to be running the whole show, she got resentful and then sort of took her marbles and left psychologically, secretly hoping to see Claudia fall on her face.

I do wonder who supports Chantal-- she plays penniless bohemian, but obviously someone funds her rather generously. Her parents? I wouldn't doubt it. She puts on airs of having no money-- but in fact I wonder if she comes from a background where she's given what she wants. Maybe she's not entirely honest with her friends. I could be wrong, maybe it's the boyfriend, who funds the act of having no visible means of support, despite floating along with an air of delicious above-it-allness that implies otherwise.

Is there going to be a reunion show or not? If so, where do we submit our questions to Andy??? I have quite a few questions for Chantal, Maggie and the Anger Management girl with the tatoo sleeve.

Does anybody know if this show is coming back?

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I sure hope it does. I became addicted by episode 2 or 3.

Not sure. I hope so.

FORT Fogey

I hope it comes back too. I casually watched it when I had time for most of the season. The finale totally hooked me in, because I thought it was such a great lesson for many 20-something people just entering into the workforce. There was this sudden lesson that just showing up isn't enough to advance, and I wished it could be shown by HR departments across the country! After that, I wanted to watch more, but they have barely shown any reruns. That may not be a good sign for renewal.

Andy described the show as a big success, so I'm not sure why he wouldn't renew it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456