+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Gallery Girls - on Bravo

Re: GALLERY GIRLS - on Bravo

I don't care for Liz at all, but I do understand her being upset with the guy ref. the nightclub. There are quite a few people that you don't want to drink with. I learned that awhile ago. lol

I wonder if she is going out to these clubs just because of her role on GG. If she has been to rehab twice, I would think that clubbing is not something that her support program agrees with. My understanding is that when you have a drug addiction and recover, you no longer do drugs or alcohol and you don't hang out in places where that's the main focus, unless you are Lyndsay Lohan or course.

It was my understanding that Amy was living in an apt her parents owned when she threw the party and the girls were making comments about how old it looked and I think they made a comment about it being a family home. Poor Amy. The girl has a heart of gold. I just wish she could learn some confidence and really make a go at some job. To be fair though. I think that telling someone they have 2 weeks to get another place and find a job to pay for it, is kind of short notice. Even tenants get 30 days notice before they have to vacate.
    I wonder if Amy will move in with one of the other girls to share expenses. That would be wild.

I saw impersonator Amy PHillips do Chantel on Andy last night!!!!!!!!! Too funny! I can't find the video though. I'm not sure why. She has many on You Tube.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I thought it was pretty cold of Amy's father to not tell her they'd sold the apartment until she only had 2 weeks to find a new place to live. In many cities, 2 weeks is a short amount of time to find a new place, but in NYC, it's nearly impossible. The second they started considering selling the place, they should have told her.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I agree about Amy's parents not telling her way before the sale of the apartment. Somehow, that just seems off --- like it must've been for extra drama for the show. If her parents have been VERY INDULGENTLY supporting her for all these years --- and then to, essentially, throw her out on the street with 2 weeks to pack, get out and find a place, and to find a paying job, no less --- without any prior discussion of this to give her some notice of what they expect of her --- that just doesn't sound consistent with their past. So it's gotta be Bravo in the mix here for added drama.
    Debb70 likes this.

Re: Gallery Girls - on Bravo

I missed the finally last night. Did anybody watched, if so, what happen????

I watched.... it was really juicy.

Chantal took off to Paris for 10 days and left Claudia and Lara (the other partner who isn't featured much) to handle End of Century during that timeframe. She said she was sick with a lung infection and hospitalized and that's why she was in Paris longer than expected. Meanwhile, EoC is still unable to pay the electric bill. Claudia is, understandably, extremely upset with the way things are going and realizes that although she and Chantal were friends they are not working out well as business partners.

Maggie does a 2-hour trial run at a modern art gallery seeking a paying job. Although she doesn't yet have confirmation that she got the job, she quits Eli's gallery. Honestly, she really didn't do well at the trial run - not so good at making coffee or finding business cards. She just seems kind of wishy-washy and doesn't present herself as a real go-getter.

Maggie meets up with Amy and apologizes to her for listening to Liz's harsh judgements about Amy and accepting them as the truth. Now that she feels Liz's harsh judgements upon herself, she realizes that Amy wasn't treated fairly. Amy is so touched and happy that she cries. Maggie and Amy are now friends. (Awww!)

Everyone goes to an opening at Eli's where Liz sends dagger eyes at Maggie and makes rude cursing comments about her under her breath.

Amy has sent her resume and copies of a paper she wrote out to 30 different galleries and has been following up on these. She follows up with the same gallery that Maggie believes she'll be working at. Amy does a trial run there and they are impressed with her go-getter attitude and enthusiasm. Amy gets the job. On Amy's first day they call Maggie in to tell her she didn't get the job. The gallery owner tells her that she didn't get it because she just didn't come across as that interested in it. Maggie cries.

Claudia meets Angela out for drinks and unloads to her about what's going on at EoC. Claudia tells Angela that she thinks Chantal is a pathological liar and probably wasn't even sick in Paris and that Claudia wants to leave EoC and shut it down. Of course, Angela tells Chantal and this leads to an awkward sit-down between Claudia and Chantal at Chantal's apartment. Claudia says she didn't say anything as bad as Angela made it sound and that she doesn't feel EoC os working out. She wants to leave but wants to get her money out. Chantal brushes it off and says the money is not important, which is easy for her to say. Chantal tells Claudia, "Maybe you're just not cut out for this much work." I applaud Claudia for not slapping Chantal at that point as Claudia seems to be the only one doing any work at EoC.

Liz calls her Dad and leaves him a message, still seeking dad's attention and approval. Kerri struggles with time management and feels unable to continue the unpaid internship with Sharon as she is slacking on her paid position as a concierge. Kerri meets up with Sharon to tell her about the struggle and Sharon applauds her maturity in being aware of the situation. Seems she quit the internship with Sharon.

My winners for the season:
    Least Likeable Character: Chantal. Liz was a distant runner-up.
    Most Likeable Character: Sharon. Amy was a close runner-up.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Great summary Cornholio! You nailed it.

It seemed that Amy explained to Maggie that she didn't even know it was a job that Maggie was trying to get when she interviewed for it. They seem to still be friends.

Maggie kept denying what the prospective employer said about her not seeming to be interested in the job and art. He was right, IMO. I wonder why Maggie can't see that. She has an attitude that few if any employer would want around. Maggie was crying in the cab when she left saying her father was going to be very upset about this.

Liz was not around much last night. I didn't mind. She is my least favorite character. She carries things too far and I don't like her personality.

Chantel is such a slacker, but I do find her oddness rather amusing in a bizarre sort of way. lol I actually wish that Claudia could have looked Chantel right in the face and said, "Yes, I do think you are a liar. Can you produce some written proof you were really sick in Paris?" I think that a really direct approach would be a good thing. She should write down her hours and duties at EoC and compare them to Chantel's. Install a time clock and have each person clock in. There are ways to make sure everyone is pulling their own weight.

I think it would be a good idea to get a business person to evaluate them and give them some ideas on how to increase their revenue. If there is no money for that, then at least go on-line and get some ideas that way. There will have some money from Bravo when they get paid. Perhaps they will do that next season.

Kerri seems miserable. I wish they would allow her to do something different or replace her. I don't think she offers much to the show.

I predict that Amy will come on strong at first, but then slack off on her new job. Maybe that will open the door for Maggie to get another chance.

My favorite character by far was Amy.
    My least favorite was Liz.
    Imperfect1 and Cornholio like this.

Here's a site for Bravo where the girls give updates on what they have been up to since the show ended.

Burning Questions - Gallery Girls - Exclusive Update on the Gallery Girls - Blog - Bravo TV Official Site
    Cornholio and its_glinda_now like this.

What about the gallery owner choosing Amy over Maggie for that job? He did lead her on, but Maggie's reaction to his original offer couldn't have been less enthusiastic. When he called, she acted like he was a dental assistant reminding her of the next day's cleaning. She needs to work on that flat affectation and that monotone voice if she's going to work around people.
    Imperfect1 and Debb70 like this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Oh the details! Did anyone notice that every one of the girl's iPhone's had a smashed screen? I think Amy's was the only one that wasn't. Must be a lot of phone throwing behind the scenes! I know I would have thrown mine in Liz's direction many times.............
    Cornholio likes this.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Great summary Cornholio! You nailed it.

It seemed that Amy explained to Maggie that she didn't even know it was a job that Maggie was trying to get when she interviewed for it. They seem to still be friends.

Maggie kept denying what the prospective employer said about her not seeming to be interested in the job and art. He was right, IMO. I wonder why Maggie can't see that. She has an attitude that few if any employer would want around. Maggie was crying in the cab when she left saying her father was going to be very upset about this.

Liz was not around much last night. I didn't mind. She is my least favorite character. She carries things too far and I don't like her personality.

Chantel is such a slacker, but I do find her oddness rather amusing in a bizarre sort of way. lol I actually wish that Claudia could have looked Chantel right in the face and said, "Yes, I do think you are a liar. Can you produce some written proof you were really sick in Paris?" I think that a really direct approach would be a good thing. She should write down her hours and duties at EoC and compare them to Chantel's. Install a time clock and have each person clock in. There are ways to make sure everyone is pulling their own weight.

I think it would be a good idea to get a business person to evaluate them and give them some ideas on how to increase their revenue. If there is no money for that, then at least go on-line and get some ideas that way. There will have some money from Bravo when they get paid. Perhaps they will do that next season.

Kerri seems miserable. I wish they would allow her to do something different or replace her. I don't think she offers much to the show.

I predict that Amy will come on strong at first, but then slack off on her new job. Maybe that will open the door for Maggie to get another chance.

My favorite character by far was Amy.
    My least favorite was Liz.
    I agree, great summary Cornholio!

And Debb, I thought your comments were spot on! I haven't liked Chantal from the beginning, but in the last several episodes, I couldn't believe her nerve. If I were Claudia, as you suggested, I too would've asked Chantal for proof that she was too sick in Paris to come home and work! What a self-absorbed slacker. From what we saw, Chantal rarely worked, didn't seem to contribute much of anything to the gallery, was completely financially irresponsible to the busines, and was totally condescending and unresponsive to Claudia's concerns about the business debts and the gallery's future. I really liked your suggestions Debb, as to how the business could be handled in the future --- and if Chantal didn't agree -- she should have to pay up her share of what is owed to the business, and then leave! (I hope the girls were savvy enough to have drawn up some kind of a written partnership agreement before they opened the gallery! My guess is that they probably didn't.)

I felt really bad for Maggie --- but at the same time, I couldn't believe how lame and incompetent she acted at her interview at the new gallery. Unfortunately for her, it was pretty clear that she didn't realize how poorly she came off --- and perhaps a lot of her actions and attitude could be written off to her youth and inexperience. Hopefully, now that she's had a chance to see the episodes of the show, she'll 'get it' when she watches that episode and sees the difference between her trial work day and Amy's. And I was so glad that Amy got the job. I think Amy really deserved it (even though she was pretty crappy to Kerrie in their former internship with Sharon). Also glad that Amy was able to find and move to a new apartment --- even though it turned out that her parents didn't sell her apartment after all. She's probably much better off, in the bigger picture, renting and paying for her own place out of her own earnings.

PS Thanks for posting that Bravo link to Gallery Girls, Debb. Great article on what happened to the girls after the show --- although I was really disappointed that neither Maggie nor Chantal answered any of the questions. I would love to hear their take on the show and their castmates.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast